1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Desert Online Is Launching Guardian on January 22nd

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Servantes, Dec 18, 2019.

1. AngryMothNoises

Yeah that is totally not what Global lab is for. Your weird white knighting for PA's mistakes is strong dude.

2. Ungvi

Succession event and the Guardian release was like watching a low budget movie on TV, only to find out that it is "To be continued". Now you are stuck sticking around to find out what happens. "Wait, this succession event is not going to be finished in time for a release this month of a new class!"

RoxiAmbrosia, Life2v, Patric and 3 others like this.
  3. AngryMothNoises

Yes and no.
    1. Because it will spoil it for NA/EU. And kill any hype for her left.
    2. At that point they might as well just release her with her awakening. No, bet we will have to wait another month. Its gonna waste people's time.
    3. If you don't like her awakening. People will just do succession anyway. Plus I got a feeling that most people who want to reroll on her are all ready dead set save for a few.

So I mean, yeah. It could be helpful. But people who are really worried about it would wait for her awakening anyway before rerolling. And thats not what I am really talking about.

4. Aisell

I'm not sure what sort of tasty ass cool'aid PA fed you but man, that's gotta be some good stuff! You've also said some pretty wack **** in this thread so i'm just going to address all your points.

Releasing Guardian on test server does not automatically mean a delay. Guardian was never put on test server and was just pushed to KR without much of an announcement at all. Originally they had planned to release guardian after succession but due to delays with succession they felt they needed to push guardian ASAP. No matter how you look at this, the fact that the rest of the world is getting it on Jan 22nd is completely unacceptable. This community already feels like we are being treated like second class citizens. KR STILL has content in the game they we have not seen and it's been in KR for years at this point. KR got to diddle with succession weeks before they started releasing it to us. Granted, this content is more quality of life stuff like awakened relic scrolls but it would be nothing to roll that over to us. Either guardian was rushed or they just can't be bothered with us. It's perplexing considering that Archer was global day one with the promise that this is how they expect to release future characters in the future. Shai was one week and every other class before hand was either 2 weeks or less. Point is, the community is more or less sick and tired of being fed excuses, or promises that never materialize. It's one thing to delay this content, it's another to delay it without so much as an explanation from PA.

Regardless of how you feel, one thing is for sure you nor anyone else in this community should be giving them so much as an inch because they sure as **** will take a mile. What's frustrating is people like you trying to justify this behavior or downplay it. The last thing we need is people encouraging them to continue with bs like this.

5. Flex556

I agree with the above.
    Jan 22 date really killed my hype for the class. I bet I was one of the most hyped fans too.
    It almost seems like a punishment instead of fun content. :/

RoxiAmbrosia and Zebrech like this.
  6. Zebrech

Same lol , killed all my hype i switched on my mobile game that have a new big update and event starting tomorrow :')

RoxiAmbrosia and Flex556 like this.
  7. The_Grimace

Yeah after playing Mystic and watching Guardian, im not sure I'll be able to handle her slowness.

Flex556 likes this.
  8. Leyren

Tbh I don't see an issue. The majority of Asian games don't have a global build or anything close to that, causing you often to be 6-12 months behind their releases. Having to wait one month after KR release, so what? If the class didn't came you'd normally continue to play too, or if you just come back for the class, do so in a month.. I really don't see how a week or 2 do such a crucial difference to people here. Also keep in mind that the only thing they officially showed us was a short teaser. If you then jump onto the hype bandwagon, look up every video and information you can find, and then proceed to hope to be able to play her tomorrow.. well, that's not the companies fault.

As far as I can remember, they said they strive towards a global build, not promising that 'from now on, everything will come in exactly X weeks distance from KR' or anything similar. But of course, saying 'you lied to us, shame on you' probably has a bigger effect.. I guess.

And from a developers perspective .. ehm yeah. I definitely wouldn't release anything major around christmas time, players get pissed because they can't make use of it, and devs/supports can't deal with potential issues as fast.

I mean there's really worse things.

Greets

#68 Leyren, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  9. Flex556

oh it is when they say "we gonna release classes globally nowdays fam"
    Look at Shai's video when it was released, like 3 minutes. Archer just under 3. Guardian 1:30 and it didnt show the class do anything other than walk up and pull an axe out of ice/mountain.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  10. Zebrech

Can't you people read a bit about what people are complaining instead of spraying nonsense sh*t ? We're complaining about the fact this asian company have promised numerous times global release, but they don't so we feel betrayed by some liars. what is so hard to understand ?

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  11. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

i am only pissed cause this communtiy flame for every single reason, even if there is no Reason. They could release the new class in 5 months, then u might cry, but they remove it in 4 weeks... Srsly cant people these days dont wait anymore? I waited 5 months for the Witch awakening back in 2016... so? Its not like the game die in the next month...

Global Lab is for Small Tests not complete Class tests, how can less then a hundred players (yes less then a hundred! many times there less then 30 players online on global lab (as u can see in ranking)) make an indepth test and opinion about a new class? U need a few thousand people to test something properly, thats why they release in KR first.

PTR, Test Server, Global Lab, or PBE, many games have this kind of things, and many people think "Oh they have a test server, it must be perfect" no! you need a big sample size to find bugs and balance stuff..

They can test small things on a testserver like if its working or not, but not complete classes.

Andaro likes this.
  12. Leyren

So I don't see any empty promises here (or rather not a single promise in the first place), only misunderstandings of what was aimed to accomplish and turning words around to make it sound better.

And as I edited in my previous post:
    But I'm sure, if they would've gone ahead and released it on the 24th, people would've complained too...

Greets

13. Flex556

I was 100% anticipating Dec 24 release. I was fine with that. Then it comes out for KR and we get confirmation that it is a month plus? For what reason?
    Doesnt jive with "We aim to develop Black Desert Online as a Single Global Build."
    you can white knight all till the fadus come home but this is still a bunch of bs from PA.

Cascaden likes this.
  14. ChoeChoeTrain

Tig ol' bitties

15. Leyren

You're of course free to disagree. A different opinion has nothing to do with white knighting though.

Greets

Dalenos likes this.
  16. Night13

Waiting for swordsman

17. Regret1

Love all these tears. Guess people don't understand it is Kakao (Cashkao) running NA/EU. Not PA, that is why we get shorted in so many ways. If PA ran NA/EU like it is doing with all the other regions we probably would be a lot better off. Especially with really getting our voices heard. If the last QA/Dev notes showed anything, our voices are muted to PA. Look at other regions questions, they actually asked real things non structured and got answers. So let's take a step back and use reason which I know maybe hard for most in NA/EU..... (Sense of entitlement and Irate personalities)

SrVill likes this.
  18. SrVill

I will not believe anything they say from now on, promised content at the same time for all regions and this has not been the case.

RoxiAmbrosia and Flex556 like this.
  19. LesserHellspawn

I won't have much time on the 24th (or for the event on the 25th for that matter), and when she finally comes out, my vacation will have been over for two weeks already. But well, we need to have the successions first, two per week.

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

because global build exists only in name and as excuse for certain...... unwelcome practices.

u mean, wont spend money until shes properly op tuned.

she seems like a witchzard.... but with an axe/shield and more movement incorporated in attack skills.

#80 WhySoSeeryus, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2019
    RoxiAmbrosia and Factorial like this.