1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Desert Online Player Satisfaction Survey

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Servantes, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Beirut

I would recommend:
    1. reworking the classes (tamer heilang has a sit skill +3hp per 3 sec. what's the use of it?)
    2. use more creativity (why is there only 1 end game armor? can't you use various effects? HP regen, evasion, accuracy, stamina etc.)
    3. More directed classes, why is kuno and ninja called assasins? they just pop into a group kill lots and goes their way for example, would like to see more variations in playstyle rather than hack and slash for example
    4. the balance is only followed by koreans why not balance things aswell out for the western community?
    5. questing and grinding is tedious would like to see more variations of aproach rather than moving to point A and B or just going into a different zone with the same mobs fighting playstyle
    6. the content of playing togheter is lacking (nobody wants to see a castle defender you do it once and it gets boring), siege and nodewars really interesting would like to see more
    7. Some content like ocean and desert makes citys uninhabitat which makes the game feel empty
    8. the NPCs are to static can't they move around?
    9. horoscope I choose it noooooow what shall I do with it?
    10. awakening and succesion feels for most classes the same, why would the community pick 1 over the other
    11. why is fps limited in borderless window? why not uncap it?
    12. enhancing feels exhausting, when upgraded it just feels like a relief rather than a reward
    13. would also want to see more playstyle in the game there is currently only lifeskilling and pvp, what happend with the thievery content of the desert and the trade wagon we had to hit?
    14. karma bombing, we all hate it, enough = enough
    15. description is failing, the description of some skills feels lacking and it does not perceive what it should say
    16. some super armor skills or iframes feels dicey (rng), if I dodge I expect to dodge!
    hopefully this might give some people an idea what could improve:D
    love the game and hopefully it gets even better

Cairenn Tairisiu and Lurien like this.
  2. CorpseKitten

While I would agree with you, it's absolutely pointless to ask for the new content, when they don't even understand how to handle the current content for a western audience, you'll get something half assed with half of the content missing as usual or something removed from the game so they can put it in the cash shop

3. Beeso

Done, thanks.

Andaro likes this.
  4. LilHexan

I'm not sure why everyone's acting like releasing a new region is going to get rid of the feeling that the game is stale.

The new grind spots are just the same thing we've been already been doing for years. That's not a real content update. It's not going to fix how stale the game feels. Within days you'll remember that no matter what skin the grind spot has, it's just more of the same.

5. Kerenis

Kerenis Lahn 63 EU

I want to use the items i grinded for, i have an extra garmoth heart in my storage since it was released in global lab for dande infusion, i spent a whole month grinding for and making a c10 dim tree armor, and the content i rushed with those is getting delayed. It was promised for Q2, the first half of 2020, and it's f**king delayed, i'm done, give me deadgod, give me fiery dandelion, give me O'dyllita.
    I don't believe it takes over 4 f**king month to translate something. 1 month delay would be acceptable, 2 maybe too, but over 4 F**KING months and we not even have a release date.

6. Hypotermia

So much BS. In what category BDO is best? Screwing their own players over and over again? Lying?

What a nice survey. Basically nothing else than option to praise the game rofl

7. Denthors

nice survey you got there
    upload_2020-8-20_13-45-13.png

where are the question ?

Jinoro and Patrik2991 like this.
  8. levinano

BDO desperately needs this.
    1v1, 2v2, 3v3 queued arena PvP with a ladder ranking, one for trial characters and one for main. Give very small but noticeable rewards, like 1/10 of what you get from PoU will be fine.

Queued + ranking literally means you'll always be fighting at your power level, regardless of gear/skill. If you're a geared lifeskiller, you'll still just be fighting other life skillers, if you're a gearlet with high skill, you can still go up the ladder. There's literally nothing wrong with this system and no reason why they haven't implemented it when BDO Mobile freakin has it.

The fact that they have ALWAYS evaded the question and haven't even bothered addressing WHY they haven't implemented such a simple gameplay system is the most infuriating thing about BDO for me.

Hahahashin likes this.
  9. Dimos Zargarda

Im pretty surprised how many ppl always complain about the game, ive been around since release and actualy had to sit down and think about something negative to write about the game.

10. CorpseKitten

*Due to criticism of Kakao in this post, I do not believe it will be left up long due to the censorship nature of the company, thus I have attached a pastebin link here where you can find the original post if Kakao attempts to tamper with it*

Honest feedback from a player since KR CBT.

Well, where do we start honestly, guess I will try and keep it short and sweet with a few of the key points which have killed the game for me (and possibly many of the original KR players).

1) Removal of exclusive housing, prior to launch houses were only own-able by a single player on a server, thus making owning a housing and paying the rent to keep it an integral part of your account management, but now days throw a contribution point at the map and enjoy your house forever with no form of upkeep. This was also involved with the Inn system which allowed players to rent a room at one of the Inns(Bars) such as Golden Toad Inn and Velia Inn, but was obviously additionally scrapped and put into the standard housing system. Imho, housing went from a 10/10 right down to a 2/10 with no sense of individuality and upkeep to drive cash shop sales for housing cosmetics.

2) This one will probably be controversial due to the general nature of MMORPGs and their expansions, but I believe with the amount of content updates the game has received has completely devalued any form of World PvP and GvGs, everyone is so spread out now, that you can just leave and grind somewhere else and no lose a great deal of income in both XP and Silver if you are being PK'd which is never how the game was originally, and was a great draw to a lot of it's original players, as guilds/skilled players would be able to hold a grind spot down and keep it competitive and would lead to lots of social interaction among guilds and even other players caught in the onslaught. Now the furthest extent you get to any form of communication for PvP is "Hi SiR pLeAsE dUeL fOr SpOt".

3) The Duel System. This system imho, completely killed OWPvP and made the entire game a care bear griefer fest a long with the 1% of XP loss on death being removed, opening the game up to the casuals which was NEVER the games target audience, but because of both Pearl Abyss and Kakao being greedy, they did an entire 180 on their original players and said "haha get ****ed plebs we're loving all the casual players money", and us vets have been left with a dead siege, with awful balancing and none of the original players left due to the incompetency of Kakao and their awful servers and Pearl Abyss pure ignorance of trying to push players who have put in not even half of the effort to take part in sieges, which is a joke and basically tells all dedicated Veteran players their time originally was wasted as here you can get x for free now even though you worked hundreds of hours for x.

4) Server Merge. The server merge imho completely killed the communities built up within their servers and completely ruined Siege, Guild and PvP politics in general as people just able to hop to any one of the 32 channels which we had after merge and get off completely scot free due to previous systems implemented and the server merge.

5) Class balance. Where do I start with this one lmao, due to the nature of the game being very different between KR and EUNA due to several factors, the way the game is played is much different, thus needing separate class balancing for EUNA, but sadly this will never happen due to our amazing publisher filling their pre-launch with a bunch of empty promises and attempting to showing a true lack of disconnect with their community to appease the higher income group of players (The casuals).

6) KashKow. I think this is honestly the biggest complaint I have for EUNA, I have never seen a more incompetent publisher for an MMORPG in my entire time playing MMORPG's, thus lets start with the hacker and anti-cheat issue. We've been plagued by the most obnoxious rootkit in existence since launch, which is completely useless for anything other than collecting logs of their users, their `detected` programs list is completely useless as anyone with half of a brain about hacking/modding can get around that in about 40 seconds, in addition that, we then have Emulating XIGNCode and full on bypassing it, I obviously wont go into details on how it's done (but it is extremely easy to do so and would take any techsavy person about 30 minutes to completely get around it), but it's possible since the launch of the game and has not be amended once while easily being one of the easiest issues to fix that the western version of the game is plagued with. It got patched for a single week with shuffling memory and then was right back to normal after the next patch thus showing us they have the capabilities to fix the issue but are just pure lazy and have no innovative minds within their team and show a true lack of respect for all their players new and old. In addition to that, our so called good egg publisher has lied through their teeth to us since the very beginning knowing for well they have no genuine interest in making the player experience better and just bringing income for their company to expand and swallow up other studios/companies, EG Purchasing the developers of ArcheAge. Then we have the clear corruption of staff members allowing specific users to continue to hacking which have been doing so since the launch due to ties with them from other regions of the game prior to EUNA, I will not name anyone here to protect their privacy due to how much said people have invested in the game and for the fact I can't be truly bothered to deal with watching the community backlash and leave those people with a fully dead game where all their time and money has been wasted, but everyone should be aware, they are fighting an up hill battle they will never win due to internal corruption of KashKow. In addition to that, we have the over censorship of the in-game chat and KashKow treating their players like they're infants in a competitive PvP focused MMORPG centered around politics and competition/bullying of other guilds/alliances, and they've tried to remove the fundamental end game of the original players by doing so making EUNA the worst region for players to invest their time in due to the SJW censorship nature of their failure of a company.

If anyone is interested in further views from an original KR player feel free to let me know and I will continue to add to the list which some more in-game issues, but I felt it would be best to outline some of the bigger points of what has ruined the western version of the game.

11. Blitzball

2 things to fix ASAP :

-Make PEN gear easier to get. Because it's mandatory to have full PEN gear to start competitive PVP. Hardcore players / Whales can always push high levels of Caphras to keep their time/money advantage over casual pvp players.

-Class balance ; Succession Wizard and Awakening Warriors need huge nerfs

12. Denthors

this survey is a joke/fake
    its a attempt at calming the rage, since the day they said they never took any feedback in consideration outside KR and in-office testing

here is why:

first its a google doc, so its unprofessional (its even missing questions) and free. only a in game survey have the potential of revealing TRUE FEED BACK but that is EXPENSIVE, our feedback is not worth that much apparently.

second, I have send the link to my GRAND MOTHER and my 45 cousins who don't play video games and they can take part in the survey. SO the answers will be a melting pot of totally irrelevant information coming form ANYONE, playing or not (you don't even need an account to take part in the survey)

also WE can take part in the survey as many time as we want. so do it guys, fill that survey with bots 10000 times.

third, there is no way PEARL ABYSS will hire a translator to translate our feed back, they will most-likely use GOOGLE TRANSLATE.
    since they are not in charge of the localisation but the publishers are, they probably don't even have a translator in/at the office. they don't even have 1 employee that can do fluent English. as we saw during the balls

fourth, the questions it self are bad.

upload_2020-8-20_15-12-23.png

upload_2020-8-20_15-17-41.png WTH is that ?

who the HELL play BDO for the GREAT DESERT ?
    the great ocean ? what you mean ? sailing ? sea monster hunting ? UNDERWATER GATHERING ?
    its too vague for an answer choice
    HUNTHING ?? are you talking about the life skill ?

LIVE CONTENT ?????? you play bdo becaue you want to watch stream ??? are you kidding me ?
    this is not KOREA we play game here we don't watch em. the questions is WHAT IS THE BEST PART OF BDO ???? ah yes my friend the best part is the streams !!!!!

where is the LIFESKILLING option ? where is for the FUN option ?

I gues 90% of the people will chose other. have you notice you cant enter what is your "other" specifically

like other : I play for the OWPVP.....

my 2 copper ore.

#32 Denthors, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  13. Dexo 2

I heard koreans are saying witch succ is now bad after the buffs. What a time to be alive :D

14. Cairenn Tairisiu

Cairenn Tairisiu Tairisiu DarkKnight 61 NA

Doing that ruins their sales to whales. They don't care about you and other players, just how much money they can soak from people.

15. CorpseKitten

Gotta keep in mind there, the game is played completely different in KR compared to every other region

16. Jhuino

Jhuino Sorceress 62 EU

LOL
    3. What made you start playing Black Desert? *

and all options are just them flattering themselves and forcing you to agree with them. OK

Choose the words that best describe Black Desert (You can choose more than one) *

and all except for a couple are compliments. REALLY? LOL

17. Denthors

my choice was not there
    upload_2020-8-20_15-26-1.png

so I when with pretty graphic

18. Joungf

survey1.png
    I guess this is not the last page of the survey saying "Thank you", right?

" 설문조사를 진행해 주셔서 감사합니다:) "
    Is this a smiley at the end of the line?

MoonDance17 and Patrik2991 like this.
  19. Denthors

double post :(

20. Dexo 2

Thing is, witchard community is incredibly big and they cry so much that pa actually thinks they need more buffs, i wont be surprised if witch gets another huge buff. While other classes are left out in the trashbin for years untouched..

ODB3698 likes this.