1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Desert Roleplay

Discussion in 'RP' started by Worlfy, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Worlfy

Worlfy Treeflower Sorceress 58 EU

Hey!

I've created a Discord server* fully based on roleplaying within the BDO.
    The server is open to everyone, and has a NSFW category for those who identify themselves to be at least 18 years of age.

There are self-assignable roles for you to pick your playstyle (PvP, PvE or Lifeskilling), as well as your region (EU or NA, might add more if needed).
    We have channels just for your playstyle's discussion, where you can talk about anything that has to do with it.
    There's also a support channel may you have questions regarding the game and / or server itself.
    If you want to, you could share your in-game screenshots with us as well.

We're brand new with no home server, based in the United Kingdom, and I'm really looking forward to how big we can make the server.

I hope to see you there!
    Thana

* Can't click on the link? Try this: http://discord.gg/wjg37r6

After a while of trying, nothing good came out of it. The server's closed

#1 Worlfy, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  2. Worlfy

Bump ~

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  3. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

4. Worlfy

5. Xillet

How is BDO Roleplay? Never noticed it. I'm curious, as I have done PvP Roleplay for videos in old times wow :))

6. Ralix Tanner

Early on BDO RP was...
    incredibly numerous and more or less all over Heidel and Calpheon in game. when i left about a year ago i think , whenever Kamasylv came out (laptop broke down, for some reason i never got around to getting a new one that can run the game, i occasionally use a lower spec system but i don't play long since its kinda jank). it had died down and was more within private groups of people from what i could tell.

still primarily on the Calph 2 channel fo NA

7. Joungf

From what I saw as RP in BDO in-game chat was really poor and felt more like 11 - 14 years old teens in puberty dreaming over 18+ content.

Solitaire and Ben Phoenix like this.
  8. Ben Phoenix

The RP community usually role-play in party cause it's basically impossible to do it in chat.

Joungf likes this.
  9. Ralix Tanner

Additionally the RP chat tab is more for just dicking around, at least after the steam release it was. prior it was more just world chat for RPers.
    a popular phrase that came from all of it was "no RPing in RP chat"

10. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

Depends on the RP community you associate with.

11. Ben Phoenix

Never saw people role-playing in chat on EU honestly. I don't know about NA.

12. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

Count the number of channel, the consider how small the roleplay community is, including the failings of that Discord you're on. Is it really that difficult to foresee?

13. Ralix Tanner

The RP community uses only one channel per region for two reasons
    One: it’s a lot easier to find like minded individuals within the same sphere, those easier to find RP
    Two: to stream line this there was a vote on what channel it should be and it was shared like crazy whenever the conversation came up.

It’s less a testament than to the size of the RP community and more to how well they organize.

Calph 2 used to lag like crazy when you went through Heidel and General chat was nothing but RP when you got anywhere close to that town.

Honestly though a better way to get an idea of how well RP is doing in BDO is to just check out the BDOroleplayers website

14. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

False. Discord channel are used per language. Germans are elsewhere than the english speaker are, and those people in my storyline are on a different channel again. Every bi-weekly day, I host a bar event in which using open chat is a requirement.
    Not to forget that the international european one lost all of their high geared, competitive player to their own dramas.

Ralix Tanner likes this.
  15. Ralix Tanner

Discord channel?

I'm talking about the in game channel not the discord.

Calpheon 2 and Serendia 2

actually hold up looking some of this stuff up, apparently EU separates along the Serendia channels
    still pretty well organized though im not 100% sure if French and SPanish is also on one of the Serendias.

Sorry I play on the NA side so we only have one and the site typically just shares the english speaking EU one.

16. Ralix Tanner

still the single channel use per language per region still makes finding RP easier which is why its used

17. Whitrix

Ambassador

You have my thread pinned in this forum section showing what active, open RP communities exist per region (that I know of).

NA:
    Calpheon 2
    EU:
    Serendia 2 (German)
    Serendia 3 (English)
    Serendia 4 (Spanish)
    Balenos 4 (French)

And that's just the established communities. I've seen people RP in German, French or any other EU language like for example Polish in random channels.

Worlfy and Ralix Tanner like this.