1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Screen.. Online

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Annierexia, Jul 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Annierexia

So I woke up to a lovely windows update this morning. Kill me now. Since this update.. After I put in my password and press play, the game quickly goes to a black screen and does not progress any further. The only way to close the game is to end the program through the task manager.

I try several times and get fed up and go to play a different game instead ( Thinking I can try again later )

Nope. The same black screen opens when I start another game and it wont let me play that either.. once more having to end the program ( the game I launched ) through the task manager.

Has anyone any idea why this is happening? I gave up and I am re-downloading the game but I have a feeling that this is going to happen again.

Ive restarted the computer and internet and its still happening.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Strator

You'll have to backtrack what the update was and from there find out what you can do about it.
    Was it a driver update? Then roll-back the driver version. Or perhaps get a newer version from the product manufacturer.

3. Shenya

If it was the "Creators" update, maybe disable game mode (I don't know if it will be on by default or even how to switch it off, I have been changing the time for mine to install every week so that it hasn't been able to install). I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that someone else had a similar issue and this was the cause.

Annierexia likes this.
  4. Annierexia

I'm on windows 7 I do not think that is a feature on it?

I reinstalled the game and its still happening. Its getting super frustrating now

5. TimeOut1

just stop playing, their costumer support sucks

6. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Support is fantastic, they only ignor people who behave like a**holes.

Shenya likes this.
  7. Shenya

I'm sorry that your experience has been less than stellar, but from your thread we really have no context since you neither list what you contacted them about, or how you went about it.

Since you feel that the support is such that someone should quit playing, perhaps you should practice what you preach rather than starting some pointless crusade. I understand that you're unhappy, maybe copying and pasting all the tickets you submitted to their own separate threads to see if the community can help solve them would be more productive. It might at least shed some light as to why they may have gone unanswered.

8. Shenya

Oh you're safe from it being an unwanted Windows 10 update then. I'm sorry, I have only played the game on Windows 8 and Windows 10. It was just a shot in the dark after seeing some other threads.

Can you clarify something for me though, is it JUST this game that does the black screen thing? Do they work after a restart or quitting the Black Desert process? The way your post reads seems like the problem extends past BDO and I just want to make sure that's what you are saying, since that would indicate a problem deeper than BDO. Some specs might be useful (gpu and driver version, whether optimus laptop or not). Are you sure that windows didn't update a driver around the same time?

The more information you can provide, the more chance someone who has experienced the same issue might come along with a solution .

9. TimeOut1

i did quit playing you stupid ****

10. TimeOut1

Don't listen to megta he's just an idiot. Look at this fantastic support reply time, it took 3 months for black desert support to give a reply. Black desert support sucks confirmed.
    [​IMG]