1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Shudad - Yet another "Redyed" Costume & Bundle [No Thx]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DafuqYouLookinAt, May 28, 2020.

1. DafuqYouLookinAt

Topic: I'm honestly just so over the same year round cosmetics that are redyed and recycled.
    • The original exclusive OG Glorious Shudad was created... that was suppose to be exclusive.
    • A remake/reskin of it was released... which caused a huge uproar.
    • Now a literal replica of the second version is made but black dye is slapped onto it, but wait, they added some black mist "ooOOO"
    • Dye is locked behind RNG. Black dye boxes are locked & exclusive to event released, so I'm not shocked this was done.
    Humor me, I find it hilarious that they know this but go off to release a costume we already have but "redye" it and add some black spirit rage lookin mist. Not just that but have you seen the price for it...? My goodness. I hate bundles. Why does everything have to be an ez cash grab?

I will not purchase this because I already own a Glorious Shudad like many people already do and even if I didn't own it, I don't want or need all the extra stuff attached in the bundle. You're basically purchasing it for the effect even though it's redyed black, it's literally the same costume... why have two of the same or even three?
    upload_2020-5-28_12-19-51.png
    upload_2020-5-28_12-20-2.png
    I'd still love a life skill where we can craft dyes or better yet make a [Permanent] Merv's Palette with an appropriate $ point for it.

I still enjoy this game but this type of situation is extremely disappointing. I think Black Desert needs to change many things in general but this cash shop has been a no-go for me for 2 years now I do not purchase anything anymore. Considering how long it takes to get things released, it seems that cosmetics fall very short in this - really wish for a wider, more unique selection to choose from but eh "cron stones" right? Got it.

I just started playing GW2 on the side and I love that all my dye is:

• Account bound
    • Can be used as much as I want
    • Purchased from trading post/marketplace
    • Earned through leveling, achievements, events & grind boxes
    • Edit: Forgot to add, you get to choose the color(s) you want in certain dye boxes you earn.

#1 DafuqYouLookinAt, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  2. Ben Phoenix

This Shudad incident is getting worse an worse I see...

[​IMG]

Thugarin, Distaken, Naho and 2 others like this.
  3. Artorias_Dusk

Protip, you get dye boxes where you can chose from what u want, at every birthday of your character. Gw2 is lovely :)
    As for the Shoudad, I was super excited when I saw it, but then I saw it can't be registered on the market.. Means I can't get it. And I am not sure if I would buy it for that price even if I could.

4. Memojie

Memojie Memojie Ninja 63 NA

The real issue for me is.. which costume will I use that 20% outfit discount coupon on once I buy the pack..

5. DafuqYouLookinAt

GW2 is lovely, I'm really enjoying it. I'm really enjoying the raids/group content ;]

Yeah I feel you, that price is outrageous but some ppl eatin that up. It's their money but yikes idk I just think the whole situation is ridiculous.
    I honestly thought the release of the 2nd ver. of Shudad + Courier Doge was going to be exclusive and then a few months later they gifted us a T4 pet that was a Shudad courier. Not ungrateful of that because I really needed that but that's an opportunity missed too for maybe a new pet?
    I appreciate exclusive things here n there. Perfect time for me to say chinchilla pets when? I've got 30 votes on it.
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/can-we-please-finally-have-chinchilla-pets-poll-included.510870/

The fact that it cannot be registered is because it's an event costume... I'll pass on the black particle effects and stick to my good ol regular Shudad that came first.

I think there's a lot of great opportunities missed to make something completely better and new.

I've mentioned it before but look at Angelic Queen x Demonic Queen; would've bought both if they were new designs!
    They could've made them two completely different costumes but instead they like "Nah, let's just dye it opposite colors and change the crown".

#5 DafuqYouLookinAt, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Allan1985 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  6. Amirite

This sale of a "new version" of a unique item for players who started back then, is clearly a big mistake in my eyes and even know it's just an in game pixel item, it actually matters for those who use a lot time playing a game.

Reality is tho, that they make a lot money on it and they would do this again over and over. It's not just about the costume itself, it's about it was a unique item for only those who did something for this game.

Bad move.

7. DafuqYouLookinAt

Yup, what's done is done. It's crazy that they yet again remake Shudad again.

True, it's just pixels but I agree, exclusive stuff and achievements n such still matter to some people.

I heard it can't even be dyed either but I'm unsure on that... if that's true then it makes it even more pointless of a buy and mostly highlights that you're paying just for the small lil black particles coming off of it.

8. MamoruKin

There is so many fashion designers finishing their studies every year and can't find work, it is so difficult to hire a fashion designer from a multi billion company? Fashion designers can bring them fresh ideas for cosmetics and maybe they start to focus on cosmetics more if they want to keep making money and became less P2W. Fortnite is the only game i ever spend over 1k euros for his cosmetics, why? Because i loved it, pure free 2 play game no shitty mechanics to push the players to pay money to have better progress than other people, Fortnite will always have place in my heart! With BDO i have spend 100euros and i am thinking too much if i should spend money or not again(i wont). I appreciate the work devs are trying to do but if they are gonna force me to spend money like they do indirectly that's a big "No Thanks" from me, will consume your servers till the end of BDO's life, being afk fishing and log in to get the daily rewards and playing other games where i can actually have fun, games are made for happy breaks and fun from your daily routine and not getting you sick, when spending time and energy because everything in this game is behind RNG and P2W walls.

P.s 2 days ago i asked to Koreans players in Twitch chat if they like the game being so heavily RNG the answer was "NO"!

#8 MamoruKin, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  9. Amirite

It can't be dyed or sold on MP, that's two things more to the list.

Ben Phoenix and DafuqYouLookinAt like this.
  10. Akantorian

As an OG shudad owner I feel scammed.

Ben Phoenix and DafuqYouLookinAt like this.
  11. MajorThor

As you should, this is clearly a cash grab on the end of KK and PA.

Akantorian and Ben Phoenix like this.
  12. Zaoo

Imagine that this costs same amount as compeltely new game with lot of content.

Example: New World.

Reyer likes this.
  13. Trypta

I preordered the conquerors' edition of the game as soon as it was available. Felt nice to have a unique skin in game too.
    Took a break from the game and now apparently you can buy it from the marketplace, oh and they've even added a nice cape and made it look better in general.
    Is it a good business plan to make people regret spending money on your game?

DafuqYouLookinAt and Ben Phoenix like this.
  14. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Not a good one but definitely one they use. Most people I knew have stopped playing because of various of reasons. But every single one of them regrets putting money here. It just leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. And a lot of those who stay are here because they put too much money to feel okay if they leave the game.
    It is just a matter of time until they start putting other rare items in the cash-shop such as a map, compass. They already had lootboxes with chances to get a T9 horse in them.
    And they will continue with these practices very likely.

#14 onaco, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  15. Nelyvia

Except New World have like no content