1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black spirit blankdventure

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by cofused, Jun 20, 2018.

1. cofused

how you expect us to play bs adventure when we cant start it??? rly kakao nice

Attached Files:

#1 cofused, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  2. Webby

Kakao has known for six weeks that Coherent UI is bugged... they have no intention or desire to fix it. Kakao's general attitude to those of us that cannot use Black Spirit Adventure or the Beauty Album is that we can go fu*k ourselves.

Draconnix likes this.
  3. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I just logged in this morning after maintenance and everything was fine for me. Try reloading the game and/or removing /Cache folder

4. Virdiani

work around is to run in compatibility mode but frame takes a massive dip.

Attached Files:

5. Riselle

That method may work for you, but some of us have tried that and others like clearing cache and changing to admin perms and nothing works. I bet some even went as far as reading tons of forum posts about dozens of way to see if those works but with no avail.

6. Azalel

Windows 7?

flukeSG2 likes this.
  7. Karolukas

Same here, tryed almost everything mentioned. nothing helping... Still grey window pops up and nothing happens...

8. Dalenos

Why even bother with that it's a waste of time >.>

9. dlchris1

Kakao are you ever going to relay this issue to Pearl Abyss? If not you should change the system requirements on the home page stating that Black Desert will run on Windows 7. This is two events now that some of your customers cannot participate in.

The Vista workaround makes Black Desert unplayable, well unless all you do is afk activities. It's so much fun watching the game stutter just making beer.

10. Freebies

Coherent UI keeps crashing. why even release this crap adventure if they can't fix this damn thing. stupid devs

11. Webby

The thing is that the issue does not exist in Korea, Japan, or SEA servers. The Coherent UI / Windows 7 bug is only in NA, so is it still a PA responsibility or it on Kakao? Thus far Kakao has demonstrated that they do not give a damn about the issue or the customers who are suffering from it. Six weeks and not a word about it from the incompetent devs nor clueless "community managers".

12. airhead

bump... pls fix... this is beyond lame...

13. Pirsig

I have the blank window too.

14. dlchris1

Pearl Abyss is the developer of the game. It's listed on their website that Black Desert Online is Windows 7 compatible. Kakao as a publisher lol, I personally will never play a game being published by Kakao. The lack of communication, allowing scripts / hacks and cheaters go unpunished or just handing out temp bans.

15. Andaro

Ambassador

Microsoft is / had officially declared Windows 7 non-serviceable, and have removed their support personnel from Win7 communication channels (I.e. Microsoft forums, etc.)

Updates to Windows 7 will completely stop by Jan 2020, as well as any remaining support.

If you are having issues with Coherant UI and are running Windows 7, then I am afraid that you will need to update your operating system.

The current Windows 10 build a are very stable (minus this past recent April KR rollout) and I have not found any issues with BDO & Coherant on W10 platform.

BDO *is* advertised to run on Windows 7 and it does. However, CoherantUI is a third party application that is not required for BDO to run, although it does not function entirely properly.

Because functions for the game are not 100% it would be suggested that the website be updated to state Windows 8 as the minimum requirement for BDO or include a disclaimer for Windows 7 users.

@CM Aethon

16. Khondo

It started working after reset 30 minutes ago

17. Tdogg88

I had upgraded to windows 10 during the period that they gave it out for free. My hard drive crashed though and I just had a windows 7 cd when I got a new hard drive. So I guess I have to buy it now? :o

18. Vanadiel

It has nothing to do with the OS. This worked before, and several weeks ago it stopped working on windows 7.
    Clearly something was updated at that time that broke the functionality.

All they have to do is acknowledge the issue and provide an ETA on a permanent fix.

But since communication is their weakest point, I don't expect them to read this thread and provide an update to us.

19. Vanadiel

And no, I am not going to run under windows 10 for this. I could but I will not.

20. Andaro

Ambassador

it is possible that a KR released by Microsoft caused this issue.

The only way to really find which one would be to have a clean copy of Windows 7 pre-SP1 and do updates one at a time but that is a very lengthy process.

The issue is probably centered around an IE KR update.

Be that as it may, we cannot expect the staff or developers to provide retro support for older operating systems long past their prime.

Please know, I love W7U and is in my opinion the best operating from the Windows line....but alas all things change and that is something we cannot stop.