1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Spirit Pass - NA and EU Version Explained

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 17, 2020.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers,

We want to ensure all players in regions we service can enjoy the same experience no matter where they play Black Desert Online from.

Thus we have replaced the [Season] Black Spirit Pass Reward Box that gives a random reward to consistent rewards. Each of the below items will replace one of the RNG boxes:

• Tuvala Ore x40

• Time-filled Black Stone x200

• [Event] Artisan's Memory x10

• Contract: [Storage Butler] Ethan x1

• Item Collection Increase Scroll (30 min) x5

• Cron Stone x60

• Valks' Cry x10

• Advice of Valks (+20) x2

• Cron Stone x60

• Advice of Valks (+50)

Whilst the RNG boxes did offer a chance to receive some high-value rewards the chances of obtaining the deluxe items were very low and the guaranteed items replacing them are of considerably higher value compared to the average gain from the [Season] Black Spirit Pass Reward Box items.

Black Spirit Pass is available for 2,200 Pearls from the Pearl Shop (F3) from June 17th maintenance to September 2nd maintenance.

Thank you

BDO Team

Lillesofie, JustAWeeb and Andaro like this.
  2. GWingzz

Not sure if we should be happy or disappointed....

Jinoro likes this.
  3. Tjaranis

it really doesnt matter much here (rng is always a **** choice btw, but season setup is so bad it doesnt matter)

season setup is just terrible... it does nothing for older players, even softcapped or near soft, and newer players benefit little from it.
    the only positive is to test out new enhance system, which could easily be done on a test server, you know those servers every competent company has specifically for that purpose....

but no wasted tons of time creating this useless content in hope everyone have to relvl, restock, rebuy, and rebuilt character to sphixon more money out of us because 3 subscribtion, p2w,b2p,cosmetic sales, progression sales, full on gambling sales, gambling progression etcetc. is Not enough for the endless greed....

seriously... the second a decent mmo hits the market all these ridiculess money grabbing games are going byebye, or when laws finally kick in to stop circumvention of consumer protection laws, same result will happen.

MoonDance17, Akeno and Jinoro like this.
  4. Mimimimi

22€ omegalul

however, less lootboxes are appreciated

#4 Mimimimi, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Aaarggghhh and MoonDance17 like this.
  5. NichtohneKaffee

Dev Notes promised also a dog and a mp butler?

maybe I'm confusing something:)

6. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

What i still dont understand is the purpose of those seasonal servers. For what i read, they are functionally the same as Olvia servers but for just X character/s.

And yeah, seasonal server has easier to enhance gear, but since that gear can only be used into the seasonal char and turns into a TET when the season ends (u can buy TETs just playing ur main in normal servers over that same period of time).... eh... i dont understand.

PS: The free PEN Capotia is good.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  7. Ben Phoenix

I don't get it either, in fact, I didn't make a char.

MoonDance17 and Jinoro like this.
  8. DukeEvil

DukeEvil Ranger 61 EU

i dont quite get it, but u want us to pay 22€ for content we already have and can play + a butler + some enhancement mats? wow very wow

MoonDance17 likes this.
  9. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

I did it for the freebies and since u can use that char into any server... and I had the free space to make it. :P

But I must be missing something, because I do not think that they dedicated so many resources to something that contributes to nothing... I hope...

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  10. Mimimimi

maybe you can clarify the total pearl rewards available with the black spirit pass. the way this post is worded it may appear to some as if those are the only additional rewards now.

11. ghoulz666

Spend money to be short of softcap in the end and have to grind anyways after the season ends.

Jinoro likes this.
  12. Ponge85

They want us to pay 30€, as you cannot buy 2200 pearls in any other way. Serioulsy, why didn't you price it to 2000 pearls? Fking scam...

13. Yngol_Stormblade

What I wanna know is
    if you buy it after receiving the rewards for things, do you get the challenge rewards from before you bought it
    or are they lost for good

14. Cpt_Rookie

^^ This.

Thing is that table "Special Rewards for Season Characters" at https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/4034 clearly states what are the rewards when one purchases Black Spirit Pass and reaches certain level(s).
    upload_2020-6-17_13-32-7.png
    (more rewards follow)

So is this table still valid and are the things mentioned in the original post some additional rewards?

15. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Here, coming from another thread... Since u can use your season char in any server.... Are the season servers a way to incentivize the harass and trolling to players from other servers as u can just "heal" later the karma safely into a season server? Did you create a way to bypass completely the karma system?

16. Mimimimi

i don't think anyone has to fear season characters with their pleb gear.

17. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

U dont need to fear them to be trolled by them. And since some of them already has PENs, they could harass any low gear player. Not everybody is so powerful and mighty as u are -__-

18. Adegener

Are the season leveling rewards family bound? For example will i be able to use the inventory slots on a non seasonal character?

19. Mana_Mafia

What are you talking about? Seasonal is a huge boon to any new player.

Except I know dozens of veteran players that are more than a little excited to participate in Seasonal.

Try not to be so jaded and entitled. I'd love to hear what level of rewards you'd expect from a feature such as this...

20. MisterJoy

First season pens were posted 10 minutes in.

Ben Phoenix and Jinoro like this.