1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Star armor and the future of enhancing it.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Graugus, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Graugus

I thought that I would put this in the suggestion part of the forums as not to cause an outbreak of good ideas getting lost within a chunk of negative comments or posts. Now, I must say that I was really looking forward to the dynamic sub-levels of Black Star armor and possible weapon leveling with the "chance" of enhancing it from tet to pen through the accumulation of Black Spectre's energy.

I thought the rumor of this idea was a great thing that developers had come up with in order to get individuals within the game to quest, heavily grind, or all-out craft and create resources that would be used to create a black star armor piece or weapon with their individual name on it.

I was heavily disappointed to find out that this was not the case and that sub-levels would be put on this gear from duo to tet just because, "Who actually asked for this as a player in the game?".

I honestly don't know anyone in the game that has asked for these subtype levels to be installed on Black Star armor with no chance of enhancing the gear as it is the hardest gear to enhance within BDO when compared to regular boss gear.
    • Roughly for the Black Star weapon, it costs 3,780 Crons for safe enhance attempts for Black Star weapon.
    • If you are whale purchasing costumes you are looking at over $400.00 real-world American dollars to purchase roughly 10 premium costumes to melt for Crons.
    • Tri attempt stacks for this gear usually start at 66-90 FS or you will have a higher failure rate (Unless you are extremely RNG carried), with tet fs running from 96-178 FS (This is the range I have had successes).
    • Tet attempts 125-300+ (I'm currently at 300 FS from unprotected tapping).
    I understand the need to get money out of the player base but this is a bit extreme as your company has given no option at all to enhance this gear through a Caphrasing type dynamic. I am almost 100% certain if you did a poll or asked people who actually own these armor and weapons who doesn't plan on using or going for fallen god if they would prefer a 100% chance enhancing dynamic versus these sub-levels that no one cares about you would get a huge plethron of individuals agreeing with me on this.

I know it's not possible now, but going forward when you meet your player base spending quota could you please think about putting something to this effect within the game.

Thanks for your time,

Graugus the Dwarf with worthless Black Star armor pieces.

2. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

It is all about costume sales. Sorry to burst your bubble but pearl abyss do not give a damn about a players enjoyment all they want is that money. This is why my enhancing has stopped. I will not melt costumes and I will not attempt pen without free crons. I was lucky enough to get a pen Dandelion the other day on a less than 4% chance using the j's hammer. I did fail 2 pen tuvala on the uncronned 100 stack I had before throwing the dandelion on the hammer.

Factorial, Vortexii and MADE like this.
  3. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

You complain about the cost of enhancing a blackstar weapon to tri and tet, but I wonder if you have compared its stats to those of kzarka weapons? If you did you would notice that a tet blackstar is equal to a pen kzarka, and a tri blackstar is equal to a tet kzarka. Which means that your statement that blackstars are harder to enhance is not actually true, they are in fact quite a bit easier to enhance. In the case of tri to tet, they have about twice the chance of success as kzarkas do from tet to pen. This is also why they cannot have caphras stones added to them.

4. Vortexii

Are you just asking them to stop or are you actually giving them a reason to stop? Actions speak louder than words.

5. Graugus

Not going to derail the objective in the suggestion thread but I have made plenty of pen items in the game and outside Black Star weapon enhancing/armor, I have never made it over 300 fail stacks. The player base itself has deemed black star armor worthless due to Caphras levels and Fallen God as end game BIS.

I am looking at an alternative other than raw clicking and costume burning to level this armor through “PLAYING” the game and not “PAYING” the game.

Factorial and Kushbush like this.
  6. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

Pen blackstar is not the same as pen boss. It is hex boss. That's why its harder. I am not saying the armor is worth it nor am I saying its right that you need costumes to not get screwed over enhancing. But the fact remains pen bs is higher stats than a base pen boss gear, and thats why its harder.

7. Kushbush

Seems that Graugus is simply asking for there to be an option similar to caphra enhancing like there is for boss weapons for blackstar. luckily it looks like the devs heard and agreed with him and this change will be implemented.

Factorial likes this.
  8. Factorial

I would reduce the cron price to like 100,000 silver instead of doubling the price as they did a while back which made costume melting even more appealing, but that's just me.

Kushbush likes this.
  9. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

The "caphras" is a one time thing, more of a reform stone. And also only for armor. I don't understand why you would want a caphras enhance for blackstar anyway since even on regular boss gear, the cost is far more to use caphras than to just buy the pen weapon. Not even counting the fact that blackstar is already easier to get than an equivalent stat kzarka. If you keep asking for things to be easier and easier, there will be nothing to actually work towards, and then you will complain there's no content after you got fast tracked to full pen. Blackstars are fine the way they are and adding a caphras system to them will make all other gear completely useless, at least right now offin and kzarka still are viable choices. Add this idea for weapons, and there will be zero point to either of them and there will be more dead content in the game.

10. Kushbush

i also heard during calpheon ball that they will be adding a stars end world boss that will drop enhancing material for blackstar weapons i believe, akin to caphras in some way. If you compare c20 boss weapons to pen blackstar weapons and armor, boss weapons/armor come out on top in pvp

11. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

It said "blackstar gear" unlikely that it would be weapons, especially since weapons are again, already a c20 version of their respective level of kzarka. Making them even better would make kzarkas and offins worthless. Dead God will do that eventually, but at least dead god requires a TON of work and money to get for the 99% of the playerbase that isnt already 650+. Adding BS weapon caphras/reform stones does that same thing WAY faster, and idk about you but i like having content in my game that isn't worthless.

Kushbush likes this.
  12. Kushbush

i think they'd do it the same way they did it for armor, only for duo-tet and it probably wouldn't be like a reform stone it will be something more like caphras, though it could be a rare drop like garm heart but for blackstar weapons giving them 3-4ap