1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleeding Playerbase

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by waifu, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LogicaI

Most of the people i know who are geared similarly to me are sitting on pirate island or ramming monsters in the middle of the sea,i really don't feel like chasing people into the middle of the ocean,I clear pirate island every few hours of people,But because of the damn sea monster hunting most of the people i want to hunt that have decent gear are pre-occupied slamming their wood into sea monsters :(

Fearless V likes this.
  2. Fearless V

Still sounds boring getting all that hardware. And now just using it to beat up scrubs like myself. But what do I know.

3. LogicaI

O.o thought you quit?

4. Fearless V

Nah I'm just logging in and logging back out. Haven't fully quit yet. But is on the door, missed a few logins rewards.

5. LogicaI

I don't bother with login rewards anymore,Sometimes i get them sometimes i don't. I never let games dictate my life or schedule.

i don't think i've missed many,but i no longer look at the attendance rewards as i once did,i used to see those tri- beyond boxes,and shukatu seals as godly,which lets be honest they are.

but to dictate your schedule of life around it for 25-30 days to get it,well meh that's not worth it to me, the older i get the less material items and virtual items mean to me.

Fearless V likes this.
  6. Goobur

....I don't know why some of the veteran forum go'ers are getting so defensive on this topic. It's obvious the game is bleeding players. Every game does. Not like WoW didn't bleed players yoy from Wotlk. It's not a dead game, but it a game that could end up in limbo very quickly. It's as easy as looking at the market place, There was always a health supply of Beer , but now your forced to bid/make. I never had to make beer up until a couple weeks ago. feed? Your bidding on that too, Purified water?? Rarely did i have to bid for it, unless it was part of some event. But now? Good luck getting it. Costumes is a huge one, I bid on TONS and TONS of costumes and now, i'm barely able bid on 1 costume a day because no one posts them. It's the summer! , our market should be blowing up, but it's just kinda fizzling.They built this game for a specific kind of person. The average person does not fit that mold, and thus quit within a few months. In the more "popular" mmo's, at 3 months your geared enough to do end game content. In this game, you just finished the tutorial.

What's hilarious is a lot of veterans in this forum want more competition, yet they complain about handouts and freebies to equalize the gear. They want the game to grow, but refuse to make the game more accessible. They want more "content" , but most of the population can't even get past Valencia. So what exactly do you guys want? People that have started the game earlier will always have an advantage, I understand for a 6m period or so having a gear advantage, is great. But having a continuous advantage over 1.5 years is ridiculous...The only Catch-up mechanic is luck, which is a horrendous way to base your catch-up mechanic on. Hopefully this Saturday they have a good plan because how this game is currently going, things won't go so well. Mind you this is for the PC version only.

Arcticcz, SnakeAttack and Fearless V like this.
  7. LogicaI

It is and that's the risk of the current dying mmorpg genre not just this one in particular.

Or people are just keeping their beer because of the addition of wisdom tree lodging to make guaranteed artisans with timber crate packaging from many of the guides out for guaranteed easy afk income for cash ,thus more people actually using worker empire.

they added marni stones,ever since marni stones people use the desert more & buffed scroll drops.this can be your answer to the lack of purified water as well.

or people are realizing it was made entirely too easy to make silver now,so now selling costumes is not worth it...

shukatu seals,welfare daily pay (house fame fund) ,sea monster payouts,events that shove free **** at everyone,free boss gear,pri-tet boxes,fishing events where people are making hundreds of millions a hour,etc etc, they ruined their own profit which is ironic.

I welcome competition,I am fine with or without it. I just need bodies to feed my sword. Yes i believe people should have to earn everything as i did. I don't see anything wrong with that. do i want the game to grow? yes and no,I want the game to stay at a sustainable level,I do not want it to grow out of control,the more population the game has the larger community of casuals you will have,then the more catering to casuals is not a matter of if but when once population reaches a certain point as you can see already.

This game is not unique in this aspect, there are plenty like it in this sense.

I hope this was sarcasm,They made leveling easier 3 x now,then introduced bells,then introduced marni stones,etc etc

i can bring a fresh account within 3 days to valencia,if most of the population can't get past valencia then most of the population must be impatient,add and drooling on themselves because it does not take much effort to do so.

people that honestly played the game without exploits do not have an advantage even if they are vets actually.

you could make more money and get the same gear as me in a few months just slamming your boat into monsters with new changes.
    i never had it this easy starting at launch or the year after. Lets at least be honest with ourselves.

Then you could say,well those vets are now using those nice boat ramming skills too + their previous progress,yeah that's all good and dandy,but we are stuck on billions and billions of silver for upgrades and they keep failing so with all the catchup mechanics introduced it is really not hard to catch up since vets like myself are at a upgrade standstill,i have plenty of money,plenty of mats,but my enchants just fail pen over and over and over,and such is the nature of the game,it's already in casuals favor.

How lucky do you have to be to generate 5b a month passively with wisdom tree guaranteed artisan papus with timber packing?
    how lucky do you have to be to generate enough cash to catch up to vets when you get free boss gear,olvia servers,free bells,double daily exp,added bspirit exp or sexp activates,fishing events which pay out millions,and the ability to ram boats into monsters for billions?
    Didn't you hear ? this is waterworld online.

Theres no luck involved in repeating the same process of slamming your hull into a monster over and over for guaranteed cash.
    with guaranteed cash you can keep bruteforcing rng for your upgrades as a casual for everything below tet,its once you start pen that you actually get a standstill,us vets have hit a brick wall we are still slowly climbing over ,meanwhile casuals are at a dead run toward it with little effort.

i have 5 pens now,the silver i have dumped for them is insane,the amount it took me for all my tets does not even cost half of the attempts of one of my pens.

xbox version is insignificant,i dono why people think it's release will matter in the overall scheme of things

8. Celensra

Lol you're missing the point in it because you're so opposed to religion...in the story, the person warns of a flood. In the story, people ignore the signs of the flood. In the story, there is a flood. In this post, there are signs of population decline. In the game, there are signs of decline. In this post, there are people denying the signs and people saying there is decline...surely, you can see the parallels now, right? O_o

9. LogicaI

I don't think he missed the point at all. I think it was a fair point to make. , Let me ask you this,

If there is a guy in a white labcoat telling you the world is about to end on a street corner in scientific terms

but right before that you meet a homeless guy with a cardboard sign saying the world is about to end

Who do you believe more? The person who represents their ideas better by appealing to something everyone can relate to
    or the person .

it's important i explained it like that so you get a mental image,many detest religion,many love religion,if you want your point to come across
    you use something that is neutral so that both parties can understand and relate to it.

there is no evidence god is real,it would be like you pointing out to me history from a harry potter book and trying to use it in a moral or logical conundrum,that is exactly how i see you quoting a story from a fictional book like the "bible".

you don't approach a conversation and say,oh yeah? the trump wall wont work,didn't work in lord of the rings did it?. There is no relation. Because it is fiction.

however i do see your point as well,you are trying to make an analogy that people can understand using said fictional material,however since we are all tired of politics as it is rammed down our throats in every medium now adays,religion is just politics,and politics are tiring.

tldr : there is zero evidence that anything in the bible is real,so you may as well be telling stories from monday night raw with THE ROCK and expecting people to understand or care to understand lol all you did by adding anything bible was muddy the water lol

[​IMG]

#89 LogicaI, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Cruornex, Chaos Ronin and SnakeAttack like this.
  10. Trembles

Bleeding players? Geez, i wonder why... oh i know
    -dead, stagnating, inflated economy
    -unbalanced, rng, out of touch changes to pvp
    -2 months of fishing events, a joke horse event and now... guild quest event

Meanwhile japan got the new region, korea got all the good stuff because, well, korea. Even MENA is getting the shinier version while we get essentially nothing, and on top of nothing we're stuck with previously introduced mistakes.

Russo likes this.
  11. Celensra

I....give up...it's not worth the effort lol.

12. Arcticcz

Don't argue with these imbeciles, this forum is over-saturated with "Protectors of the seal" which are usually called various names like white-knights.
    Logical is like major of the protect-o-ville so no need to argue with most r******d person here, it will just cost you a lot of your brain cells, same with snake and ... well .. about 50% of the forum users.

All you need to know, just check how many messages the individual has and if number is already in thousands it means they spend more time here being "patriotic" than really playing the game, which is kind of wrong if they "love this game so much".

We are split like this since day of release from couple of years ago. There is 50% who hate this game and way it's headed (I'm also part of that camp btw) and other 50% who keep protecting this like it's a holy grail while in reality they just lie to them selves no to walk the path which might end with ritual suicide I guess. (Speaking of which they would make for good lobbyist IRL however this is a game so not really helpful)

Anyhow ... for all the funny ppl out there from both camps, you asked for some info on numbers and so on. Well nothing solid exists only vaguew stuff but:

https://mmo-population.com/r/blackdesertonline/
    https://altarofgaming.com/all-mmos-sorted-by-population-2018/

I know, these links are "Not proving anything!" is what you gonna say but it does give quite the idea especially when you can use your brain and compare with past.

PS: Come at me at full force you white knight morons, I'm still here to evade whatever you toss my way as of day one! :D

[​IMG]

13. LogicaI

Lmfao

Boy i can't wait to watch myself do that,Usually i'm killing others in the game,but this sounds like something different,new content.

Since apparently i am the major of the white knights,I will stand my post,But i don't need to use the same words against you like,"moron" "white knight" "r******d or major of protect-o-ville,i rather debate your ideas not your character,I am an adult after all.

So r******d moron whiteknight major of protect-o-ville Logical reporting for duty

[​IMG]

Yuusayn and Alrikmerc like this.
  14. Zerytas

Zerytas Diekatze Warrior 62 EU

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

15. ManlyBeard

No wonder, this game is bleeding one exploit scandal after another

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

lmao, that's a lot of words for basically saying "I hate people who disagree with me".

You sound like a child who has nothing relevant to say but throw insults at people who disagree with you to get sympathy from people from your side.

SnakeAttack likes this.
  17. T800

The numbers will plumber even more after WoW Expansion next week.

WoWisBest likes this.
  18. SKS_DK

wow expansion+ monster hunter = dead bdo

T800 and WoWisBest like this.
  19. WoWisBest

FOR THE HORDE!

In all seriousness, about time that this cash grab loses its majority of the playerbase. Hopefully it'll be to WoW....

T800 likes this.
  20. JerryBoyle

In all possible scenarios, the playerbase returns after a few weeks of the expansion as documented by every WoW expansion known to man. They always return because they grow bored of WoW quickly regardless of the expansion's content. Now if they return to Black Desert that remains to be seen.

Ashes of Creation Alpha is soon so we may lose some players to that, it's another sandbox MMO except western.

Fearless V likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.