1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blessing of Kamasylve and Book of Combat for Pearls

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Azalel, Feb 14, 2018.

1. KeiirValk

Ohhhh boy, so many simple-minded people who don't life skill hard and maximize the usage of energy in this game, you really don't understand how good kamasylve is and how it can be used to make so much money and progression in the game.

If only you knew the item obtain chance is not even the broken part of the kamasylve... Energy is such a valuable, if not one of the most valuable resources to have next to contribution (hence why farming for 400+ energy is so crucial).

Lol +2 kama / +1 villa / + 2 bed permanently now , so much gains and the people who don't understand and claim it is not p2w simply have no progressed to understand it's true power yet.

2. Roxies

You gain 1 energy every 3 minutes.
    With a Kama Blessing up, you receive 3 energy every 3 minutes.
    Now 15 days equates to 360 hours.

In the current system, you regenerate 20 energy an hour (1 energy point every 3 minutes)
    so 20 energy * 360 hours = 7,200 points of energy. We can equate that with a Kama blessing, you generate 21,600 energy points as the blessing is 3 times more effective than without.

Note: This comparison does not take into account server downtime/client downtime. For simplicity, I'm excluding those factors.

For node leveling, the most relevant information I could find is this;
    "100 Energy for level 2.
    200 Energy for level 3.
    400 Energy for level 4.
    650 Energy for level 5.
    1000 Energy for level 6.
    1400 Energy for level 7.
    1900 Energy for level 8.
    2500 Energy for level 9.
    3200 Energy for level 10" = 11,350.
    If someone could confirm this, that would be appreciated.

To give us a rough monthly estimate, let's just round off to 30 Days, which makes the comparison 14,200 points of energy (Without a Kama) vs. 43,200.

Without Kama Blessings for 30 days (14,200 points):
    284 Night Vendor Rolls
    14,200 Gathers
    71 Extra Large Energy Potions (~2mil apiece)
    2,840 Rolls for workers
    Level 10 node and a Level 6 node with 500 Energy leftover.

With Kama Blessings for 30 days (43,200 points):
    864 Night Vendor Rolls
    43,200 Gathers
    216 Extra Large Energy Potions (~2mil apiece)
    8,640 Rolls for Workers
    3 Level 10 nodes and a Level 9 node with 1,000 energy leftover.

Now this already is a pretty significant advantage but keep in mind, THIS IS FOR ONE CHARACTER

Edit: Removed 3 energy for offline alts info as apparently this isn't correct. I think this is likely a bug. Will follow up later.

The book of combat is whatever to me honestly. I don't care if people want to level faster as it's not going to affect me but, the fact that you can essentially make billions of silver (yes billions assuming that the person using the Kama buff actually knows how to lifeskill), is absolutely terrible, and needs to be stopped.

Kama blessing need to be removed from the cash shop ASAP.

#202 Roxies, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    KeiirValk and Schrumpel like this.
  3. KeiirValk

Exactly a detailed version of my post above... This is why this **** should be removed ASAP. People truly do not understand just how powerful this is... Also keep in mind +1 with villa and +2 bed as well. The numbers even get amplified even more 5x over isntead of 3x, it's massive and ridiculous how much people do not see this as a p2w

Honestly the drop rate is whatever to me , but the energy is game breaking and provides MASSIVE advantages over somebody not paying for kamasylves to have a potential permanent 5x energy regen constantly.

4. Epitafios

Another retarded move from a retarded company.........

5. Malketaz

Never heard of this. And I have not seen this occur during my uses of kama blessing on alts. Is it a new change?

6. Roxies

I'm fairly certain that's been the case but, your alts do regenerate energy while you're not on them, so it naturally should be accumulating +3 an hour as opposed to +1 if you have a blessing up.

7. Spartakatz

That's a very long post of yours, and at the same time you show you don't even know how that stuff works that you're upset about. *facepalm*

8. Naimul

Haha yes! This isn't the most P2W game in the world so there's nothing to complain about, right?

Your leg is cut off but there's nothing to complain about because there's people who have it worse, right?

9. Serimorph

So people are already annoyed enough about the Rabam/Jin skill situation, the servers blowing, artisan memories, no announcement for lahn, no security measures for accounts, no new UI and god knows what else, and Kakao thought it was a good idea to introduce combat books and blessings in the pearl shop.

[​IMG]

10. Roxies

A very long post with accurate information that outlines the potential impact of implementing something like that into the cash shop.

11. Spartakatz

You're the only one then where kama scroll somehow works with offline characters. Should I report you then for hacking? Because otherwise not possible.

12. Roxies

Maybe report it to kakao? That's not working as intended then.

13. Freakiie

Freakiie Sorceress 61

Those definitions are horribly flawed since almost no MMO ever used any system that was that strict.

No not even in Perfect World games, which is one of the publishers that everyone always mentions as one of the big P2W guys because technically you could achieve everything without ever spending a dime as you could convert silver into cash shop currency. I mean that practically it would require about a thousand years of grinding silver to achieve it, who cares amirite? It's achievable in game so not P2W!

In the meantime BDO cash shop sells you "convenience" that literally earns you billions (artisan memery, massive spare CP if you go full cash shop banking + worker lodging etc) if you know how to make use of it. What can you then do with all that money you gained over someone that didn't use the cash shop? Exactly, pre-order your Tet boss gear. However this is then not P2W because you bought it ingame for some reason, despite the money you used to buy it being earned through the cash shop. Excuse me if I don't quite understand that leap in logic.

Kamasilve blessing is just another massive boost for people that actively play the game. Of course for people that barely play the game this is hardly P2W. For someone that can actually make use of the massive energy regen? Billions of extra income. Again though, not P2W since you didn't buy Tet boss gear from the cash shop, you simply pre-ordered it right?

14. Spartakatz

Might have missed the patch notes. Since release it was 2 energy per hour, then it was changed to 1 energy per hour for alts. Kama buff did never affect offline chars. You say that changed?

15. Roxies

Well, an account wide buff should affect all characters on the account, no? Regardless, let's stop arguing this particular point, I will go back and edit it until we can get some official input on the matter, and discuss the relevant points that we both agree. Sound good?

16. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

Several MMOs come to mind for me where these things happened, and some of them are not even big name MMOs either. If you realize the scope of how many MMOs exist you would know that the second of those two definitions were more likely than you know, and the first was always common even dating back to Everquest where people would pay others to level their characters up for them or farm for them to have the best without doing anything.

It is even prevailing in big-name MMOs, and if it were not there would be no business of it that plagues most games with bots spamming such services. The only difference between back then and now is that in the past it was low profile, and people knew how to keep their mouth closed. As games progressed it became much more public and even became a means of scams, income drive, and services that are seen in today's MMOs.

Bottom line, there is nothing P2W about BDO to me. When they start doing the things I have mentioned? Then I will be concerned and quit. There is no "50/50" for P2W, it is either is or it is not, and there is no "Well some of the time it is because people who casually play do not get hindered by it but those who play often are waist deep." P2W would impact everyone on implementation and it would make the scales harder for all involved.

17. Nabzoku

Nabzoku Warrior 58 EU

#217 Nabzoku, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  18. Alexandrious

Hm never used villas yet though I can afford to easily now, what villa buff gives energy? Or does any villa buff do this?

19. Vaelok

Do we know what the base drop rate is for items? If it's something low like 0.2%, then a 20% increase makes it 0.24%, which is still crap. Does it have any effect on silver dropped or just items? If just items, does that apply to vendor trash items or only special items like scrolls?

20. Sveyn

You won't always see the difference but when running Kamasylve on node lvl. 10 pirates you will be pulling truckloads of rings and blue earrings, it also works amazing on Pila Ku not only increasing the overall drop rate of the vendor trash but dropping scrolls like crazy. Running kama scroll on lvl 9 Pila Ku jail on 222 ap kutum zerker with PvE skill addons yielded somewhere between 3000-3200 trash drops per hour, which is pretty damn good.