1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Boat auto path problems

Discussion in 'Interface' started by KampersOwnedYou, Aug 17, 2020.

1. KampersOwnedYou

What’s happening is when I auto path my boat from port etheria to pirate island, my boat gets stuck on rocks that are just sticking out of the water. When it’s stuck there’s no way out of it. I try moving all directions nothing works. Can’t call the boat to me as that’s not an option in game. If I left click the boat icon it teleports me on to the boat.
    It seems to be just the rocks that are sticking out the water only just. These rocks don’t seem to be on the map. So when I’m stuck I have to swim to the nearest wraft manager at less that 1 mile per hour or transport character which takes an hour.
    To fix this problem you can remove the rocks or sink the rocks further underwater so they do not come in to contact with boats.
    The other thing that needs fixing is the auto pathing. It auto paths in zig zag lines taking much longer.
    Thanks hope so see some fixes

2. meisanerd

You should be able to right-click on the boat icon to call it to you. Left takes you to the boat, right takes the boat to you.

But yes, it is annoying that the autopathing is garbage for boats.

3. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

or just play the game and drive your ship is that so hard

4. GM Cory

Game Master

Hey there KampersOwnedYou!

That sounds indeed weird. I'll redirect this to our team so they can check this issue further. We are sorry about the circumstances that occurred due to this!

5. Kiri_Dar

Ok so first issue with boat stuck. As Meisanerd said right click the boat icon on map screen while in the water a bit away from your boat. If that still doesn’t work go to character select screen and back in and it should have turned you boat to default angle which used to help before they added the right click option.

Now for the ZigZag auto path go to your map screen and in bottom right there should be an anchor symbol if I remember. There you can set your auto path preference. One is shortest path other(Zigzag option), I can’t remember but think other it faster pathing trying to give you more straight lines in path to build up speed. -not at computer so hopefully got this close so you can get it working