1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Boat Outlines while driving

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by ghoulz666, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ghoulz666

Stupid ship has that white outline on every little piece. Cannot even see @#$% now.

2. LexusGirl

As of todays patch, now boats have the white outline around them even when on the helm, which, makes it really horrible to drive let alone sea monster hunt.
    Only way to get rid of it that i have found is to switch to no-ui mode which also means we cant see monster health, boat health or stamina etc which gives its own problems

Please please fix whatever got broken

Definately was not like this yesterday, but everyone ive spoken to since patch has said they have the same thing.

Attached Files:

3. Medianoche

yes, I have the same problem
    now its a horrible thing to drive my frigate. I cant see those monsters because of the white outline .

4. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

It’s a new feature!

5. Pinionated

It highlights when close to the ship's wheel, but doesn't turn off like it should when you mount/use (R) it. Same on the cannons, and climbing the mast. It's not just ugly, it affects gameplay..Sea monster hunting is kind of hard when they are hard to find through the white lines. But the real shame is how it spoils the beauty of BDO while out at sea sailing around. That needs to be fixed.

Attached Files:

6. ghoulz666

There literally wasn't an outline before this patch.

Geks likes this.
  7. Geks

I made a post about this and contacted support it's a bug. if you want to help me out and bump my post too pls go here! I hope devs will fix this soon.

8. Medianoche

9. Purr

[​IMG]
    from the sailing discord hope this helps till PA/kakao fixes it

10. Auratha

same here, very disturbing. At night you see nothing but "glowing outlines". And if your boat is a bit broken (under 70%) the damaged canvas shows even more outlines. Please fix soon ....

Attached Files:

11. Geks

Damn I wish this trick was working, but no... followed your instructions and nothing, the outline is still on!

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. Purr

ill try it myself shortly was finishing up fishing before i went SMHing according to some on the sailing discord it did work
    ill see if i can figure it out myself

13. magret

yes painful when you look at seagulls too... mast transparency wasn't that good already but now it's blinding.

14. GM Fenix

Game Master

Hi @LexusGirl

Thank you for your feedback regarding this change, I recommend posting your feedback on Suggestion Forums or the Feedback Library. I will also be passing it on to the team to be looked into. As always, not every change will be welcomed and we do our best to make changes to benefit the community. Not all changes are permanent and may be altered or improved on in the future, that is why we need your feedback :)

Prinocio, MMoNoob and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  15. LexusGirl

feedback on suggestions forums? i posted this in bugs because since it wasnt a thing before the patch, and there was nothing in patch notes, its a BUG.

My guildies have figured a workaround for this for now but it still shouldnt be happening imo

Yulanda, HayamaLinnus and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Auratha

@LexusGirl : Any chance that you share the workaround with us? The only thing I found was to hide UI. But this is impossible to play with^^ @GM Fenix: You definitly misunderstood. This has nothing to do in suggestions. It is a bug. When you stand near to horse, there is the white outline. When you mount the horse, the outline disapears. Same for ships - normally. Since last patch the outline on ships stays on even while mounted on the ship. Please communicate with the BUG-Team :-)

Yulanda, magret and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. gatsupl

20190727205130_1.jpg Please for the love of all that is sacred, don't touch Margoria, sea monsters and ships anymore. We don't need more nerfs, inconveniences and bugs that will stay ignored forever.
    This is almost unplayable :(.

#17 gatsupl, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    MMoNoob and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. gatsupl

20190727220405_1.jpg Ok I have a workaround for now. When you are on a boat let go of the wheel, enter - Edit UI - and leave. Grab the wheel and you are good to go.

19. Auratha

@gatsupl Not working for me *cry*... There must be some more to it, but thank you for sharing <3

20. gatsupl

Ok I figured that out. Its not about UI menu or anything. You just have to push CTRL and move the cursor away from the boat. done.

#20 gatsupl, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Jey and Motoko_Shi like this.