1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boats getting stuck

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KampersOwnedYou, Aug 6, 2020.

1. KampersOwnedYou

Not sure if this is a bug or something that’s meant to happen but when parking my boat next to an island manually or auto path it gets stuck on nothing. Either there are rocks on the edge of the land which must have large hit boxes than needed or it’s the rocks in the water that are just below sea level.

I find it extremely annoying when my already slow enough boat gets stuck and there’s no raft manager in sight meaning I now have to either swim at the extremely slow pace for about an hour plus or transport the player and play another character to which I do not want to do at that time.

Please can you just remove some rocks especially the rocks under water near every shore and maybe tidy up the hit boxes or do something to let us get unstuck instantly.

By the way hitting the icon for the boat located next to horse icon does nothing if 10 steps away from the boat. If your close enough it teleports player on to the boat. It does not call the boat to the player like it does for the horse.

Even this would fix the problem allowing us to call the boat to the player

thanks

2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Apparently you overlooked the boat icon tooltip and are using the button in a wrong way.

3. KampersOwnedYou

Any follow up on that ?
    Any help / advice ?
    Also still needs reworking

4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

As hinted in my previous post, I would suggest to read the button tooltip in order to learn how to operate it properly.

Additionally, my own experience tells me that new ships (sailboats/frigates and higher) rarely get stuck near islands. What also helps is parking perpendicularly to the shore instead of doing it in a parralel way, thus reducing the exposed area.

5. KampersOwnedYou

so of course I have left clicked it and right clicked it and still the boat does not come to me. Either this is a bug or it was intended or maybe my boat being stuck has something to do with it. Still there are only two logical buttons I can use to click it and neither do what I need it to do. So if there is no actual option to call the boat to me then I think this is something to add in the game. Other than saying read the tool tip (of which most of the bdo tool tips don’t make sense ) do you have the answer to my problem because I’m not at my pc right now until 8-9 hours time so can’t look at it this minute

6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Ship summon function has an operating range.

7. Nadan

Please FIX this annoying Ship getting stuck on nothing bug...extremely annoying, and this has been going on since what April!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here we are Sept and still a huge pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't bother posting well do this or that or whatever,,,that's mechanics that are broken, and, that's a lame excuse on a problem that shouldn't exist at all..

8. Mono1234

its even worse when you are 50% of the way to Port Ratt, and your boat gets stuck.

you literally are stuffed, there is nothing you can do.

Nadan likes this.