1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boss changes are bad and here's WHY: BDO NA and IHA EU response

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by punkie, May 20, 2018.

1. Javik Shepard

I agree

punkie likes this.
  2. Ji Lan

totally agree with the op,
    the change on how loot is given out is actually not bad, but the killed off boss trains with the dumb 15 minute despawn took a lot fun of boss hunting and now this random spawns you throw at us out of the blue, thats another good reason why players are pissed off, if you didnt realize it yet, many people already quit bc the changes you did in the last 1.5 months and most are in a wait and see if it gets better attitude the only thing you manage to do with this is pissing of players more than they are already , like many others already said boss hunting is one if not the funniest pve activity to take a break from grinding or similar , offin for example with the fixed time isnt that good for most people as well , its 23:00 pm in germany if you are from countrys further in the east it may be 1-2 am

punkie likes this.
  3. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

spawn on all channels, please.

punkie likes this.
  4. Twelve

I agree completely with this, and the amount of work put into creating this document is just absolutely incredible.

punkie likes this.
  5. Sylvin

Sylvin Sorceress 59

Um i don't know, maybe the part where you said

Sounds like insecurity and or reading comprehension issues, my man.

TheReason likes this.
  6. jushi

I agree, fixed once per week spawns, random channels are all very unfun mechanics to deal with.

punkie likes this.
  7. Junsui

I agree on everything except the fixed boss spawns.

While we do have more time zones spread across Europe and North America, the random spawns + having those 6 or 7 hour respawn timers are just as bad. From what I read on an article, Korea has two morning fixed spawns, and afternoon spawn, an evening spawn and then the weekly spawns turned to daily with a fixed spawn of 30 minutes until midnight. With four fixed spawns, it's hard to imagine how, even with different time zones, players wouldn't hit at least one of them. Especially if each day is a different boss, or combination of bosses.

Right now, being someone that lives on the east coast of the USA, and being third shift, I only get to hit Nouver and Kzarka. Karanda has yet to have a window where it will spawn while I've been awake. She has a long spawn window and open window. At least the fixed spawns with a boss rotation eliminate that problem.

[​IMG]

The weekly / newly made to daily 23:30 spawns are probably the worst to those spread across different time zones. Having only one instance of them ever is probably the worst thing you could do with them. Then you will run into people just never being able to fight them because of time zones.

I can't fully agree with what punkie has stated on this because of a lack of a suggested solution that rectifies these issues. Removing random spawns, giving a notice, etc, does not inherently fix the issue when it comes to time zones anymore than the above chart for fixed time for spawns.

EDIT: Along with server hopping and PvP disabled during boss spawns, people are actually on my server and killing them. While it may have killed "boss trains," it has certainly made it easier for chances to get gear and progress; not everyone is just an ALT with semi-good or terrible gear. Some of those are new[er] players trying to progress.

#87 Junsui, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Rekkt_MD and Cloudwolf like this.
  8. Elaniar

Elaniar Sorceress 62 EU

I agree!

punkie likes this.
  9. Jaeger

I agree!!! Hate the 15m boss despawn

punkie likes this.
  10. MeldamirieI

MeldamirieI Rilma Ranger 61 NA
    Ambassador

I do agree with the proposed changes.

I don't hit bosses often, personally, but occasionally if I know a guildie is at a boss, I'll ask them for the current HP to update on the boss discord when I do go. Also, fixed timers for bosses are really a bad idea overall, just given the amount of timezones that we have to deal with. Reminder that 9am in California is 12pm to a person from New York. It's an even larger problem if you consider Newfoundland time, or the other little timezone shifts that happen because of the fact that the countries span from sea to sea, quite literally.

Edit: Corrected the times thanks to someone pointing it out for me. Tis what I get for not proofreading

#90 MeldamirieI, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    punkie likes this.
  11. GhengisJon

I can agree with everything Op has highlighted. In particular the fixed spawns while something that could be tested, i feel like fixed spawn timers will just lock people out of ever doing said boss due to work, school etc.

punkie likes this.
  12. Junsui

That would be 12PM for that New Yorker, not 6AM.

punkie likes this.
  13. NeonCrusheR

I 100% agree with you guys.

punkie likes this.
  14. MeldamirieI

MeldamirieI Rilma Ranger 61 NA
    Ambassador

Thank you for correcting me there. I sorta stopped caring about the west coast since I broke up with my last ex.

punkie likes this.
  15. Schaduw

Obviously, I agree.

punkie likes this.
  16. Dreadhood

Dreadhood Musa 61 EU

I personally like the fixed timers, even though, despawn and random channel is a pretty dumb feature.

17. Drethin

I agree

punkie likes this.
  18. Yeemo

Oops i missed that. My mind was on the nouver trains but i said kzarka. :(
    Maybe similar to the current boss interval, a 8-12 hr timer for kzarka + notif for next spawn would be good. I think it is important to let us know when will the bosses spawn but keep the randomness in the meantime.

punkie likes this.
  19. werfeswt

Old player here, I usually don't participate at all at the forum but to report bugs and text location issues. Anyways, this is a problem concerning whole BDO community. Since I've been in JP and KR too, I can say from their opinions that this boss schedule planning won't work well for anyone. Be it timezone problems, inconveniences, cooldown to change channels, fast despawns... I AGREE with the stated measures.

Pook600 and punkie like this.
  20. Eight Hundred

Agree.
    Mudster and Red Nose need attention badly, so more people would be motivated to go clear them. Nouver/Kutum need to be reverted or adjusted to make them faster to clear so the trains can clear more channels.

punkie likes this.