1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boss changes are bad and here's WHY: BDO NA and IHA EU response

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by punkie, May 20, 2018.

1. Claydough

Bosses in 2018 omegalul

2. Lilyfairy

100% agree! The 15m despawn timer on world bosses is way too short. I used to do nouver and kutum trains but now you're lucky if you even get to one spawn. Bosses should not despawn if they're below a certain health. Fighting vell for an hour only to get to 5% and be left with nothing but a battered ship is beyond fruatrating and just makes all the effort that we put into these fights seem pointless.

Rekkt_MD and punkie like this.
  3. rubbish94

Disagree at least on the "boss trains is good" part because it has been a bad idea at the beginning. Not to mention I personally feel like this is one of the main reasons why people are using those boss discord servers.

Also it seems like by increasing the boss despawn time to 1 hour will cause more people to stay in game and the discord servers. Then sh*t can happen when multi bosses spawn before others despawned, like people run to the new spawned bosses which cause less people to fight the boss that they were fighting.

But I agree that due to the fact that unlike KR ver., NA ver. has more than 1 timezone. So if Kakao decided to put the recent boss spawn time change directly yo us, it would cause a mess and a lot of people wouldn't be able to fight certain bosses due to the time difference/ real life stuff (like work/school). But at the same time I can see why KR ver. team made that change, so I am not that against it at all.

However tho, if we got this change in the up coming maint, and it killed off BDO NA. I will say deal with it like how IHA NA was killed.

Claydough and punkie like this.
  4. Amsel

i agree, either 15 mins OR random spawns. Not both

punkie likes this.
  5. punkie

Discords were used and popular long before Kutum was implemented and quickly fell out of favor (his offhand was deemed bad/not worth in favor of nouver ), creating the first trains. Nouver was pretty well cleared before the Nouver bug happened that they ignored for six? eight? months, some ungodly long period of time. With him spawning so frequently people just stopped going as much and others started training through them. Trains don't make our discords what they are, but they do help get players kills on very unpopular bosses.

6. Nikimoney

I agree.

punkie likes this.
  7. IlClaudialI

I also agree with every point in the first post! The way bosses used to work a few months ago before they started adjusting them was a lot of fun for me as a new player then. imo making them despawn after 15 minutes was a mistake. ppl would definitely clear them all a lot faster if it were not for the channel cooldown.

I also disagree with making them spawn at a fixed time. Part of the charm of playing bdo imo was that at any moment something amazing could happen, like a worldboss spawn. by making bosses spawn at fixed times now ppl can afk until they know a boss spawns and so will have less fun in the game. with this move imo u will make ppl play ur game less until it's time for a boss to spawn. it is probably more convenient for the player at first glance but imo everyone will become bored of this very quickly, it takes away all the magic from world bosses D:

Having only 20 random channels spawn field bosses is also a terrible idea imo -_-
    if u are really going to do this then at least make the channels they spawn on fixed so those who do want to hunt bosses can wait for them at fixed channels, like for example always spawn them in channels #1,2,3.

pls dont remove the magic from world bosses and bdo

Rekkt_MD and punkie like this.
  8. rubbish94

But you can't deny that the reports on boss trains help your discord server being more active, right? Btw, I used to do all bosses until I got really busy irl, so I know how the boss trains formed at the first place.

9. punkie

I don't care about discord activity outside of reports coming in that are accurate and timely, in which I see BDO NA more as of a coordination tool for trains.

10. kyse

fixed spawns are bad it is going to make it feel like a job cuz i have to be at so and so boss at so and so time but the good side would be then i know when it is going to spawn but that also means so does everyone else meaning server lag!!! think 1000 people all on the bird with 500+ tents out yeah good luck

yeah u could goto another server with less people but then the boss is killed slower or maybe even 2 slow or as u are fighting it them people come to the one u are on and then mass lag yeah sounds like lots of fun so i say no to fixed world boss times

Isteria and punkie like this.
  11. Willan

I agree.

punkie likes this.
  12. Disdane

agreed

punkie likes this.
  13. Boink

I agree.

I understand what the key goal behind this is that trains tend to create a monopoly for players. I remembered making a 600m/in-a-day during summer last year doing bosses when Nouver was spawning twice. If that is really the case then they need to implement individual debuffs that affects these "lucky" individuals that get a box and jump to another server so they can get another. Not create another set off hurdles for players who truly enjoy this activity.

If they are worried about trains with field bosses like Mudster and Rednose lower their HP values so other players are encourage to participate and not take 10-15 minutes per kill. Not create an RNG server spawns.

With the current setup people are more worried about jumping into a server to participate in Mudster and Rednose and have a potential to miss out on a good Field Boss like Dim Tree and Bhegs if they are on the same timers. They will more likely just wait until good field bosses spawn.

This is not a well planned nerf.

Reyer and punkie like this.
  14. rubbish94

But the suggestions you made look like the ways to keep your server running more than any thing else, at least from what I saw.

Anyways, GL on getting Kakao/ PA's attention because I think it's nearly impossible due to what they have done so far.

15. punkie

I was saying I don't care if the chats are active, the bossing portions will always be active so long as people continue to boss. Everyone keeps insinuating that fixed scheduled spawns are going to kill our discords, when that is super unlikely, they'll still be used just as they are now, to report and relay boss information live to each other.

The suggestions we gave are not for the discord to survive, hell if Kakao ever added in a boss tracker in game and everyone stopped reporting, it would just mean I would have more free time. The suggestions are for the health of the bossing community, and the game, because I still enjoy it and enjoy playing it.

Rekkt_MD, Sylvin and flukeSG2 like this.
  16. Mistress_Ama

I agree!

punkie likes this.
  17. StarDan

I agree too, and using the excuse "boss despawn without being killed, so we reduce the amount of spawn" is sickening, as it is a direct result from the 15 min despawn timer...

punkie likes this.
  18. ☨ Shini ☨

I agree !!

punkie likes this.
  19. DedKorean - Ezzy

DedKorean - Ezzy BlueTeam DarkKnight 61 EU

I agree cuz i just hate too much changes at once, feel like i'm cheating on the old BDO, its not fair for both sides, the game and community, we have feelings you know.

Also i'm just like Sheldon, i just hate too much changes

punkie likes this.
  20. C J

C J

I agree with this as well!

punkie likes this.