1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boss fight: Awakened black spirit

Discussion in 'Art & Media' started by Akaru, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Akaru

Now before any of you start cringing, obviously just by watching you could tell that I was still fumbling to learn my awakened weapon and post 56 tamer meta in general, give me some patience.

Id like to know if people are genuinely interested in videos like these with a bit of editing to spice it up from just raw footage, let me know so I can make more.

Roechacca and Tvvin like this.
  2. choovanski

tbh, i genuinely don’t understand why anyone would watch the pve in this game

3. Akaru

Id agree with you more if we were talking about trash mob grinding (That's just mind numbing to play or watch), but fighting a boss is pretty much as it goes with hack and slash games, and people watch those; Hit it a bunch until it dies, try not to die yourself.

Sure it's not a hack and slash proper, but the traits are all there.

4. Wildcard

Hm, I don't know, but if you wan't people to watch, shouldn't you kill something less ... easy? In the end of the day, bs is not really hard to kill?

5. Akaru

Yeah I was thinking the big world bosses that spawn around, but Id probably have to work my gear up a little more.
    Tbh all I really want to do is my own cinematics in this game for people to watch, and bosses are the easiest outlet (to start with at least) to do so.

6. tomoe

tomoe PrincessSerenity Valkyrie NA

I myself enjoy watching it as long as it has good music without people's voice, also I can learn some useful combo for the class I'm not used to with.

Roechacca likes this.
  7. Roechacca

Cool. I watch a lot of different stuff. RP, PVP, PVE, exploring, doesn't matter if it's recorded well. Make all the videos you like and don't worry about people's opinions. Make what you like.

SpeedMetal likes this.
  8. Joungf

Nice work.
    But for cinematic it need some improvement.
    Maybe try some camera zoom in / out and hide the UI ( [Ctrl+ U] ).
    Not sure if you are use a video editing software. Some transitions and cut effects could be also considered to improve the action.

#8 Joungf, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  9. Akaru

thanks for the advice
    I'm toying around with the camera tools to see what I can exactly do, but at the point of recording this video I wasn't aware of most of it.
    If you've seen some of my other videos in other games, I try to make do with what I know the game will allow, and sometimes that can require another cameraman for still shots or camera angles/movements you're restricted from making by yourself..

If you're interested, here's one such example from my library from another mmo.

If anyone knows if theres any way I can smooth camera movement, let me know

10. Joungf

This one is more cinematic. Nice action and camera.
    To have smooth camera movement try dpi option (hardware button) on your mouse or mouse sensitivity option in game menu.

11. Dremlock

could be good. pacing too slow though. If your vids have slow pace like this there needs to be a reason for me to endure it. For example: slow pacing can build tension, or generate hype/excitement for a climax.

take this song for example. Pay close attention to the audio: