1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boss Loot Rework!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Stocking-Anarchy, Sep 13, 2019.

?

Thoughts on boss loot!

1. Needs Adjusting!

77.6%
  2. Fine as is!

22.4%
  1. Stocking-Anarchy

Now I know I'll probably sound salty etc even tho I'm really not but here goes. The bosses in general as a whole especially the large bosses like Garmoth and Vell feel very unrewarding for the amount of time that is put into them especially Gar with all those annoying Invincible phases he has.

All I'm proposing is something very simple, an adjustment to the loot table.

1.) Add more things to the loot table

2.) Adjust the RNG chances to better reflect the rarity of the items. (I'm not saying to make ultra-rare items like the hearts easy to get at all I'm talking more about random items.)

3.) Make the bosses feel more rewarding to do! as it stands right now they feel like you're doing them more for black stones ESPECIALLY Garmoth who is the most annoying boss in the game by far and probably the most unfun and frustrating boss to go against. The bosses feel so unrewarding that it feels as if the content is almost a waste of time to do. Make the 15 minutes actually worth doing, doing bosses and getting 3 million worth of stuff that I could have spent my time grinding or life skilling to get more overall feels lackluster, to say the least.

A lot of my guild doesn't even bother doing bosses anymore, chasing that 1% chance has led to constant disappoint and discourages doing them in general.

The RNG, in General, is wonky, I have a few that are RNG carried in my guild 1 person in particular just started the game a month ago and because of RNG is 249 ap with almost 300 dp while others in my guild have been playing for a year and just now reaching that milestone and they play every day. Me personally I didn't get my first boss box until I had 80 Kzarka Auras which is insane and I'm sure there are plenty out there that have had it much worse and while I know RNG is RNG it just feels a bit too inconsistent and too low of a chance as far as bosses are concerned. I know boxes and such are supposed to supplement and not be a mainstay that's just handed out but it still makes the bosses especially as quickly as they spawn feel more like a chore of a crippling disappointment than enjoyable PvE content.

I was a heavy-duty raider in many games in my time and this game probably has the absolute worst RNG out of any game I've ever played. Anywaysssssss I've rambled enough leave your opinions in a post or on the poll

TLDR: Bosses are largely underwhelming, you feel unrewarded for your time, Increase the passive amount of drops/silver you get from loot to feel somewhat worth your time.

Corrus, Lillekolibri and ODB3698 like this.
  2. Artorias_Dusk

Vell since release, Garmoth also, no Hearts so far, no Caphra bundles. I agree!

3. DarkGG

Vell for me the same, Garmoth I did once and was like cool slideshow with deaths all day. Just to get slapped with nothing. BDO is all about maxium effort with no returns.

4. Mimimimi

i think the boss loot is fine for the time spent, but:
    bosses are just boring. the first couple of times garmoth was interesting. slaying an epic dragon up in the sky. after a few times you realize that the attack pattern is always the same with lengthy pauses in between them. i would rather wish that the fights become more engaging and require some skill instead of repeating the same over and over again. in the end this leads to people just parking alts there and switching to them for a second.

doesn't sound too bad. after getting 100 auras you get a box by exchanging the auras anyways. kzarkas also aren't super expensive, you could just save up and buy one.

NoisyBoy likes this.
  5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Since we're having attendance issues again (at least on NA, don't know about EU) for example with Nouver, Kutum, Offin, loot needs to be updated again.

MMoNoob, Stocking-Anarchy and ODB3698 like this.
  6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I didn't do bosses for at least 6+ months (besides kutum and nouver for bartali or pre made PvP after boss) but I could not imagine what kind of boss loot would make me leave my spo since I cba equipping an alt for that.

From what I know most bosses still do die on EU tho.

If that means I have lower chance for garmoth or vell because the items share drop chance with another rare items then I'd rather not have that.
    If it's just something on top then it's fine but I am afraid I know how PA would change that.

Fateneko and Stocking-Anarchy like this.
  7. ODB3698

I can't help but agree. I really only do garmouth now...still trying for the heart and dragon pet. I did garmouth yesterday. I left my grind spot for that (abandoning xp/sp/silver/drops)...traveled all the way across the map (about 20 minutes time on auto path)...waited for the spawn (about 10 minutes to spare before spawn)..spent 15 minutes fighting that really annoying boss with all the jumping around and air invulnerable phases...to end up getting 2x10g bars, some vendor trash, I think a couple of hunter seals, some black stones, and 2 cron stones. Then I enjoy the ride back to my grind spot...another 20 minutes across the map. This is more than an hour's time diverted for this negligible loot. I would have been better served just continuing at my grind spot. This is the usual experience on garmouth...a waste of time. At this point in the game's life...they could stand to beef up the drop rate/count a bit. I think I get better from rifts...and I get to choose when I do those...my own schedule. I think BSA overall gives me better per unit of time. Instead of 2 crons...maybe a higher chance for a cron bundle or caphras bundle? Maybe a higher rate of the item people actually do the boss for...the heart? Even adding some auras to at least guarantee you will get the heart at some point.

The night vendor could use an update too

8. Lord_Xenon

When they increase loot, it should be something that is helpful, but not marketable. This remove the do a boss because it's now better than grindspot idea. When you do a boss, you do it for its boss drop, not because he is better than a grindspot.
    And what the guy before me posted show how bad some are at managing bosses.

9. ODB3698

Lol because "managing bosses" is a thing. Guess that shows your intelligence level. You do realize boss drops are also marketable right? You do realize the entire premise of loot in this game is marketable items right? You do realize that is how the overwhelming majority of players in this game choose what actions to take part in...choosing what is most efficient use of their game time...which is based largely on profit. You would have to be an idiot to waste your game time on things that take longer to get you towards your goal...which boils down to earning silver to purchase gear from the market. I guess I'm wasting time now expecting you to understand that though. Dunning kruger victims abound in this game.

10. TeRRoRibleOne

I'm going with the RNG carried person in your guild. If that guy has that GS in a month, he's not RNG carried, he's literally wallet carried.

As for Garmoth, he has trash mechanics that aren't fun. The droprate of the heart is utterly pathetic. The only reason I have one is because of the boss box we got and people selling them on the MP. It's 13 mins of the stupid dragon flying in the air. I stopped going for a couple months because it's actually a waste of time to do.

11. Stocking-Anarchy

The problem isn't that Kzarka isn't terribly expensive as I already had saved and bought a TRI Kzarka by the time I got my first box. The whole point is simply how long it takes to get anything from a boss that makes it worth the time spent going to -> Doing the actual boss -> Heading back to where you came from....Unless you have an alt parked or are very close by on average this is usually 45 minutes to an hour-long process for nothing more than maybe 3-7 million that ultimately could have been better spent elsewhere.

WhySoSeeryus and ODB3698 like this.
  12. Lord_Xenon

The only thing you show is Q.Q. Bosses are NOT made to rival grindspots. Fine when you grind more silver/h than doing bosses DO IT. Buy the boss drops from the MP. What you just showed is the cancer attitude of min-max players and for those, buffs should never be made.
    And the last poster show the incompetence again.
    At max it takes 15 mins(despawn) +2-3 mins(ignoring even alt parking) from a major city with a good horse. So that's way less than 30 mins. But that requires planning...

13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Hmm..and doing it your way has been more rewarding? Dont think so.

Whats min-maxing about losing progress by doing a boss..Its just the way it is for active players...Currently the game seems to be rewarding AFK'ers and people who just hop on for boss alts more then people who actively play 1 char, and stop grinding to run out to vell, or garamoth and get garbage.

WinterMilla, ODB3698 and Kauni like this.
  14. ODB3698

I feel like I'm trying to have a logical conversation with my foot when I talk to you. Nothing you say makes any sense. Apparently you forgot...or maybe never knew, that this is the suggestions thread. Its ignorant to call a suggestion...QQ...its more you just regurgitating brain dead, tired cliches when you can't think of anything else to say. Acknowledge that you said a bunch of stupid things and move on. Everything in this game is designed to rival the next thing in terms of profitability. That's literally the point of this game's PvE, if you can't see that I feel sorry for you. How can that possibly be a "cancer attitude" when it is literally the design of the game. Every single system in this game is that way. That's why almost everything can be sold on the market. That's why even actions like fishing and processing are significantly profitable...hell they just introduced prize fish worth up to 5 million I think. I think the incompetence is on your part if you can't realize that you are apparently playing the wrong game...if you can't see this.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. Lord_Xenon

Calling for unnecessary buffs is Q.Q. Bosses are not made to generate income period. They are made to drop gear in most cases. When for x that isn't enough, then x don't need to do it. But complaining that it don't generate the same 'income' as grindspot y is just crying for nothing. And not every suggestion must be implemented. What next when they buff it? Z comes and complain it's still not enough and need to be buffed. In the end it rival topgrind spots???

And your last part is nonsense as lifeskilling got a mastery change. You seem to fail to understand that new system and let brainfarts out as suggestions.

16. ODB3698

One, it's not up to you to determine what suggestions are unnecessary...pretty sure you aren't on their payroll. For some reason you are one of those people who gets excessively butthurt about things that have no negative effects on you. Two, on the same topic, your personal opinion on what the purpose of boss loot should be, isn't important to anyone except you. Three, this subforum is exactly where suggestions like this are supposed to be made...get over yourself. No one except you said anything about it being mandatory that a suggestion be implemented...look up the definition of suggestion for your mental enrichment. Four, I'm fairly certain that the crying has been disproportionately you...inexplicably moaning for some reason that has no possible benefit to anyone. The only thing that has been nonsense has been your fixation on continuing to reply to and about a common suggestion...presumably because your ego can't take being called out for saying something stupid. Maybe you should buy a pack of sharpies? I'm going to stop wasting my time responding to you...feel free to continue to jerk your forum ego to your heart's content though.

WinterMilla and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. Lord_Xenon

Grinder wanting buff so it rival his grindspot is a crybaby segment showing that he wants boss> grindspot which is a direct buff to overall income. Why should such a nonsense be implemented. It's clear that 'good' suggestion will be supported by braindeads(we can buff grass beatles to rival hystria), but it don't have to make sense that way. There needs a relation to what it offer and what is already there. And you DON'T GRIND BOSSES. For that are grindspots. When you want silver, then go there!

18. Tiffyshade

I wish Vell was more often. Like twice a week. And that there are Auras for them too. So even if you are never lucky you get the hearts over time.
    A guildies got the box in which tet acc could be (forgot the name, I never got one) 3 times in a month and I'm doing bosses more often and never got one. I got only a dande so far from a boss and a kzarka a month before I could buy my kzarka with auras

19. Ashenvall

Boss loot in BDO mobile is more rewarding... Something like 5 million min.

20. Megta

Megta Archer EU

BDO mobile is instance based and bosses are done in groups of max 5 players. You want that too?