1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boss Times Still Are Bad

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by TeRRoRibleOne, Jun 6, 2018.

1. TeRRoRibleOne

So I thought I would bring this to everyone's attention again since I don't see a recent thread about the change. So if you did not notice, they changed the times world bosses spawn again. The times have actually gotten worse for everyone who works a 9-5 job. As I live on the east coast, the times for world bosses are now 10 AM, 1 PM, 5 PM, 8 PM, and 1 AM. Two of those times are completely useless to anyone who works those hours. The 5 PM one is a stretch on the East Coast since most of the time people are driving home from work. 8 PM is a normal time in which people are starting to prep for nodes or siege. And 1 AM most people who work 9-5's are asleep. This is yet another bad change.

I'm not bothering to suggest times since KR doesn't read the NA forums based on that post about this.

2. Spartakatz

Prep what? It's 2 minutes to do a boss now. You switch to twink, hit a few times and he's dead.

Personally I think if I do even only 1 of them, I can make a lot more bosses than before, by simple moving a twink in advance, smallest effort, no more "damn I'm in Grana now" etc

Asato likes this.
  3. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Suprise, mmo's arent leaning towards the working class as much. Plus they have times of when ppl are online the most etc etc. Get used to it already they wont ever accomodate a few select ppl.

4. Asato

I don't think they can satisfy all of the players with fixed spawns. They can only try to be the most convenient for the majority.

5. [FoH]Harfle

What majority. The working class? Well look at this PST and those times suck. I will literally never see an offin spawn now. Unless it’s a holiday or I call in sick. 9-5 must be nice are you getting paid lunch. We certinally don’t it’s more like an 8-5 pst, with a wonderful hour commute making it a 7-6. But hey I guess this is more content I can write off as never being able to do

6. Asato

Tbh, I like this change. I have like 20 kzarka latent auras, and around 7 to 12 of Kutum, Karanda and I know I will get a weapon some day. Plus yesterday, I dropped the Kzarka weapon (enhanced to PRI), and now I'm using it on my newly created ninja.

With the old system, well it was very inconvenient for a new player like me. I never knew exactly when and where which boss was gonna spawn and anyway I needed like a T8 courser horse to make it there in time (maybe T5 courser is sufficient). It just didn't inspire me very much to try.

7. TeRRoRibleOne

Select few? What? People who work for a living playing BDO are a "select few"? Do you seriously believe the ppl throwing pearl shop stuff on the MP are not working? Do you think the people using artisans (their biggest money maker) don't work? Seriously?

[FoH]Harfle likes this.
  8. MilfShake

deleted

#8 MilfShake, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  9. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Yes im serious, i am not talking about the money aspect im talking about TIME here. Time spent in the game, time spent online, times that people ARE online. Not money. Has nothing to do with this.

10. Asato

I'm from Europe and the one boss spawns times are nice imo.

But for USA, because of time zones, it's gonna be harder to satisfy every one, I guess. Maybe they could change the 2PM (PST) to 3PM (PST) ?

I think if they have to fit 3 bosses between 5PM-12AM for the entire US, it's gonna be like a boss every hour or so. So maybe fit only 2?
    If we compare the US times and EU. Well they took the same schedule. They could have just written in CST instead of PST.

Maybe changing the 10PM (PST) to 9PM (PST). And 5PM(PST) to 6PM(PST) could be better?
    Anyway, I understand your frustration, those boss timers can completely change how you plan your gaming evening. (I grind much less now, as I don't want to miss boss spawns)

After taking close look at the times. I do think they should make a different schedule for NA and not just copy past the EU one.

11. puddle

Well basically I cannot do any boss now except for weekends...9:00 CEST I am already at work, 12:00 CEST I am still at work, 16:00 CEST I am again still at work, 19:00 well those bosses are not the ones I want but even then I am doing 1 boss maybe, 24:00 CEST well I am already sleeping. At least the time table before we had allowed me to do two bosses at 19:00 CEST which I actually needed, not anymore tho... **** the working ppl thanks Kakao. :)

12. MilfShake

Who is this change supposed to benefit?

The previous schedule didn't really benefit the working people, this new schedule obviously does not.

The people that have no job, they stay at home all day, so it doesn't matter what the schedule is, they will benefit from it.

puddle likes this.