1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bought 6 crimson dragon pet to get a t3

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GreyRebel, Jun 30, 2019.

1. GreyRebel

first 5 crimson dragon pet i bought from market ( each 1 billion) kept giving me a t2 pet, so ye i failed 5 times with 65% chance. and the last 1 gave me a t3.this is kinda sick , when the chance is more than 50% , u expect to get it max with 2 attempt . i just feel sad for those people who have hops for this game and keep investing .

after closing SA i didnt even spend 1$ on this game , recently i was gonna do it , to support it for the upcoming contents , but now im sure i wont do it , if i support this sick system , im one of those who are enabling you for this .
    the other game i play is like 1/5 of my gaming play time compared to bdo , but im spending on it way more than i spend money on this game , coz you know what ? they dont scam you

#1 GreyRebel, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Fearless V likes this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

[​IMG]

3. XLucaX

Its all RNG, its not fair but sometimes feels victorious. For example, when pets first got introduce, I bought 10 pets and combined it, out of 10 I managed to get 5 tier 3. I stupidly thought that was the norm so I decided to buy another 10... boy, I was wrong. RNG is RNG.

The mechanics applies to all of the game, you can spend 30 bil on trying to pen a gear and guess what? you might never get that pen, but theres some dude out there who decided to go try from tet to pen with zero stack and get it.

4. GreyRebel

but why should it be like this ? why someone gets 5 t3 out of 10 t1 and another 1 gets 1 t2 out of 6.

your pets were normal pets u get with money or idk 80 mil , these dragons each cost 1 billion silver .... so for a t3 dragon i spent like 6-7 billion

5. Vanadiel

I think it was last week when I tried to go for a T4 and combined a bunch of pets including 2 * T3's to get a +90% chance to get a T4.
    And boom, I got a T3!

The scam is not necessary the RNG. The real scam is the way the % brackets are set up. You think when you throw in 2 x T3 + T1, your chances would be 100% since you are throwing in way more than 3 pets. But guess what: it is still not enough for this company and they have to "reward" you with 1 x T3. That is the real scam.

Phoenixxx75 and GreyRebel like this.
  6. XLucaX

its RNG. The only breaching of RNG they did is the fact that your failure to upgrade to a higher tier boosts up the chance of getting higher tier. Not good, but its better than not having that idea that your failure helps for future success.

Also, I would appreciate it if you dont wave around the price, but unlike your imaginary silver, I bought my pets (dumbly) when it first came out, aka before you can sell pets via marketplace.

7. Fearless V

Now image if pets also had a chance to downgrade or go boom on fails? That would make BDO even more RNG and create a bigger gap of power between the RNG carried and the RNG smited. Thus making BDO a even better and more content rich MMO than it is now!

XLucaX likes this.
  8. GreyRebel

as i said so many times , the best way to encounter it is , to give the a random amount of money , lets say u want to spend 100 $ this month to support the game or whatever reason . get an rng generator from 1$ to 100$ or even a chance to not even give them money next month too . and there u go , let them taste the excitement , let them run for the carrots , let the devs understand how stupid this system is . im pretty sure they understand , they r just abusing the gaming community , coz they know how fragile the community is ,now imagine if those guys were more than just a gaming company . would u think how evil they could become ? we would go back to middle ages ..

9. Kaytie

[​IMG]
    When RNG was in my favour~
    One hedgehog and two Lynxes.

#flex

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

You should have combined three of the dragons together instead of two.

11. Fearless V

If these guys was more than just a gaming company. They would not even be allowed to do business in the United States. Hell and most Western nations for that matter.

GreyRebel likes this.
  12. Catastigma

you have a option to avoid the RNG and you dont used it.

Your fault.

13. GreyRebel

then i could still fail and feel even worst than now , im saying i failed 5 or 6 times with 65% chance

edit : i just read it has 100% chance of giving a t3 when u exchange 3 t1 ... i remember asking it twice in server chat and people said i will have 80% chance ..omg

#13 GreyRebel, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. GreyRebel

when the odds are with u , u prefer to try it , 65% is a big number

15. Fearless V

65% success rate in BDO is the same as a 15% success rate in most other places in this multi-verse. Trust the shown percentages in BDO at your own peril!

Rilok and GreyRebel like this.
  16. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

The thing to remember is that you can stack upto 100% chance to get the T you want, you just have to do the correct math

17. Vanadiel

Are you sure about that, 100% and not 99%?

I don't have enough to try out your numbers, but when I throw in 3 x T3 at level 10 I only get 70% chance for a T4. There are 2 more slots left to add more pets, but like I said I don't have enough pets left to test it further.

But 70% is low considering how many pets you are throwing in.

18. Fearless V

Don't forget that's a reverse 99% in BDO. So in actual terms of real world percentage, that is actually equal to 1% chance of success on some accounts.

19. Claydough

Why didnt you stack more pets together?

And failing 3 attempts at isnt even what id concider unlucky lol

20. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 62 NA

The only additional thing to remember in this discussion is that crimson dragons only breed with other crimsons - nothing else. No gosphy or species interbreeding to ease the burden at all.

Considering they are 1b each, I can see why OP tried to take their chances.

GreyRebel and Phoenixxx75 like this.