1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bounty Hunter System?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amirite, Jun 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Amirite

When this is coming to us, what do you really wish to see in this system and what do you not want to see?
    I played other games where there good/bad things such a system and also exploits etc. but I also had a lot of fun with the Bounty Hunter System and it could really work out to be really good and fun.

We all got pro and cons for it, but would be nice to hear your all opinions and idea's of how it could for BDO and you as a player.

/Shoot

2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I'm not at all hyped for it. Because if it does comes. It'll only be accessible to players that have 650GS and up. So meh, like all the content that has been released in the past year. Nothing for me to be hyped about. Just another piece of content for their true costumers.(The ones spending $1,000s/month to get geared enough to do the new stuff.

Nothing wrong with it. I'm just more hyped for new stuff in MMOs like ESO. That make new content for all to enjoy.

3. Andaro

Ambassador

This is a great topic for discussion and I am glad you brought it up, as it was one of our highlights from a previous polling. To jump start your discussion, I have provided the metrics from the Bounty System proposal that was voted on in July 2019. This was just a concept, but received substantial positive support. Naturally, as you mentioned, there are many things that can go wrong with a Bounty System, which is why they have been very cautious about what to do for one, as it has been a highly requested feature since 2016.

upload_2020-6-15_16-13-3.png
    upload_2020-6-15_16-13-58.png

Let's have a good chat here in the Black Desert ^_^ !

(PS , the above information should not be misconstrued as what will happen as it was just an idea concept that the community voted on)(we hope it happens, but anything could happen :p )

#3 Andaro, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Amirite likes this.
  4. Vortexii

There is already a Bounty System in place. It's called Arsha. Everyone has a bounty all of the time.
    • But that only applies to Arsha!!!! NO it applies to all PVPers everywhere because PVPers have their own server where they do PVP things, thus every single true PVP player already has a bounty!
    • But I play BDO for the PVP! Wrong game. Shadow Arena is the ultimate in PVP games. YES, that dead game no one plays. The one that is specifically designed with all the features all the PVPers SAY THEY WANT, YET IT'S A DEAD GAME, imagine that.

5. sajdas

such as?

6. Mana_Mafia

Except for the primary feature...being an MMORPG.

You alright, dude? Think you might have taken a nasty fall and hit your head because you make no sense.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  7. Vortexii

Everyone crying about Gear Score, Karma Penalties, Karma Bombing, etc.

8. Vortexii

You mean that thing all the PVPers say they hate? Boring mundane non inspired grinding in a circle for years? SMH? RNG? Karma Bombing. These PVPers want action, not boring brain dead content.

Now get over to Shadow Arena where you belong!

9. sajdas

it doesnt solve the gear score problem though, the process of gear to win just sped up by million times (the one that geared more in end game will win just like black desert online,)

about karma penalties and karma bombing - i dont understand why would ppl cry about it ever since we got arsha.

10. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

I remember doing this poll it seem very good
    One thing I like to add is what if the bounty hunter is killed

11. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

I've been advocating a Bounty Hunter system for quite some time and have put in some thought into it as well. This will not only serve as a form of "meaning" behind OW PvP (aside from flexing on people), but will also serve as a form of "protection" for lower geared / PvP-averse players.

Things I'd like to see:
    1) Risk & Reward - for both sides (bandit and bounty hunter). Tangible rewards and tangible risks. For example, and this is JUST an example: Red players are granted combat BUFFS for a short duration upon going red. IE: AP +5 DP +5 combat EXP 10% for 30 minutes. This buff is scalable, meaning, when a bandit successfully fends off a bounty hunter, each successful defense will gradually scale these buffs up to a cap of, say, AP +20 DP +20 combat EXP 50%. The risk, however, is, with each stack of buffs comes with added risk of losing more crystals and losing more combat EXP.

For bounty hunters, the risk will be the possibility of losing crystals when dying to a red player. The reward, monetary compensation when successfully sending a red player to jail.

2) A way to track red players' locations, exclusive to registered bounty hunters. In order to register, aspiring bounty hunters must complete a quest and pay a registration fee.

3) A way for players to contact bounty hunters. If a player is being harassed by a red player, they need some way to call 911.

4) Exploits MUST be avoided. No calling a friend and arranging a way to cheat this system. Which is why I think a scaling bounty should be avoided (like if a red player racks up more kills, his bounty is higher. Can't do that, people would exploit that easily).

The biggest thing for me is seeing tangible risk and tangible rewards for both sides. That way there is incentive to choose either side.

Arch2k, IWalkAlone and Amirite like this.
  12. JSXShadow

Booty Hunter System is approved!

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  13. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

How will you know if someone has a bounty on his head? What about ghillie?

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  14. Amirite

I actually got as many questions as you all do about how this is going to work without being a failure or just a new smart thing. We really need more information on this subject before we can say yay or nay.

Things like this, should be tested on Global Lab for a period of time, where there are guilds and players invited for testing it.
    Think we got lot's of "What if?" that we need answer to.

That been said, it's good to have open discussion about and maybe I should have asked this in the PvP section. But since it's going to effect every player, I thought the right place would be here and hope more joins the discussion, because it could have a impact on the daily playing for us all.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  15. Vortexii

As much as you might think it's a good idea to spend development time on a system like this............ it's NOT.
    • The biggest problem: The community
    The community as a whole will just pick apart this system to exploit it in whatever fashion they can. Just like trading we can't have it because people will abuse it. The amount of effort required to make it viable, balanced, and entertaining is simply far to much. Additionally, come on now this is Pearl Abyss............. you know the ones that put Match locks instead of gear for instances lol.

16. PeaceInChaos

I want this game to succeed. Plain and simple. Your many anecdotes on this forum imply the complete opposite. You're very critical of this game in a very cynical way, which, I guess I can't really blame you because I know how this game can turn off many people, but if that is true - that you're cynical about BDO - IDK bro...maybe you should just leave the game and never look back. Just an idea.

Instead of laying out problems and extrapolating upon those problems while simultaneously giving an air of reasons why this game won't succeed and why players should stay away, why don't you ever try to think of innovations or solutions that will push the game forward or solve these issues, instead of posting virtually everything that's wrong with the game with no solutions offered? C'mon. You're a smart dude, right? Surely you can do that. Unless...you really don't want this game to succeed. Just a thought.

You described the community being the problem with implementing a Bounty System. Fair enough. How can this problem be solved?

IWalkAlone likes this.
  17. Vortexii

Iv'e already stated multiple times that PVE based content is simply much more effective and it doesn't have the complications and burden of anything PVP related.

The game isn't even consistent with itself on anything.

Pearl Abyss: We want to bring in more PVP options!
    Reality: They haven't even fixed some of the most ridiculous and blatantly obvious problems in years. Protected area has been cancer for group PVP for years, and Pearl Abyss can't even figure that out.

So how do you expect a company so incompetent that they can't even fix Protected Area to provide a bounty system? In reality they should just accept they are not competent enough to handle more complex issues and stick with PVE content.

Additionally, look at how terrible the PVP is and all the problems associated with it.........

People have complained about Sorc Iframe spam for years as well. It's a running joke for years now about Sorc nerfs. Look at Guardian in large scale, an absolute mess. Look at class balancing......... nearly everyone hates it. Look at how they dump on classes. Sorry, your Shai get wrecked. Classes go from OP to worthless overnight.......... Ranged Grabs...... All grabs....... Gear disparity......etc.

All the players I come across are doing PVE in one form or another............ everywhere. You want to gather....... you will see players doing it. NOT PVPing!!! Once in a while they get to crammed and try to fight, but rarely and that's not even what they are looking for. They are trying to gather and progress.

I rarely ever see anyone flagging on another person or coming to attack anymore. Even upon Arsha release this still happened a bit, but it's BEEN DYING OFF for years now. Hardly anyone wants to participate and they should be on Arsha anyway.

Instead they should be revamping the enchant system. Last Epoch has a fairly complex system with A LOT of options, but it's done so brilliantly that everything is simple. They even give you a free storage container that automatically moves all your crafting materials out of your inventory. The same could be done in BDO. All your Hards/Sharps/Blackstones/etc go right into the container and you just click on what you want to upgrade.
    No more loading characters and trying to track junk items all over.

Instead they should be doing mini buffs when grinding or life skilling. A 250% increase dropped rate for 5 minutes. Buffs like that in other games that break up the monotony.

Instead they should REALLY improve the AI and stop this lazy mob coding. No more spamming CC/special attacks all day.

They should have treated the game like a PC MMO NOT an afk mobile game with auto play.

Waldenor likes this.
  18. PeaceInChaos

PA is needed for node war / siege or else there will be little to no coordinated options for successful pushes / defenses. You would know this if you participated in node wars regularly, which I doubt, in fact, I doubt you even actually play BDO, but could be wrong. PvP being "terrible" is a completely subjective stance as there are many, many, many players who enjoy PvP. Can it be improved? Of course. Is it "terrible"? That's up to you to decide what terrible is and what terrible isn't - if it's not terrible, good on you, have fun, if it's terrible for you, find something else that you like. Class balance is an ongoing effort that the devs are not ignoring - there are many tweaks to numbers pretty frequently and they are now in process of a PvP revamp that will shake up the META 100%. BDO is very close to a sandbox game at end-game. Players are given the goal of progression, and there are many forms of progression from gathering, hunting, sailing, bartering, attaining higher levels, better gear, etc. and players decide what they want to progress in and have various options to attain those goals - so, in a game setting like this, how it is appalling that not everyone likes PvP is beyond me. BDO can house many players of many different interests and goals and no one is wrong or right for it if they're enjoying themselves. Just because YOU'VE never seen anyone flag on you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen like you're implying lol. In fact, I was chill-fully grinding Star's End last night when a rouge red succession Mystic sideblinded me out of nowhere. So, yeah - it does happen, albeit pretty rarely on non-Arsha channels from my experience from a ratio standpoint. I liked your suggestions at the end until I read the last one "They should have treated the game like a PC MMO NOT an afk mobile game with auto play." - AFK mobile game with auto play? Since when can we auto-grind in the PC version? Oh, you mean AFK lifeskilling like fishing or horse training? Well, I'd bet that people who actually AFK progress will have a complete opposite opinion than yours - it lets them play when they can't be at their computer or if they don't want to but still want to enjoy BDO. Besides, AFK progression is extremely slow compared to active play, so your implication that AFK is META is so far from reality it is merely anecdotal like the many other "opinions" of yours. I mean, cool, you don't like BDO and like other games better? That's fine. But do not ruin it for the rest of us or ruin it for people who are aspiring to play with so much negativity that it could make even the world's biggest pessimist envious. We're (people who play and enjoy BDO) wanting to improve the game and posts like the many you've written here seem to be in the camp of negativity, pessimism, anecdotal, subjective reasonings on why this game should be shut down. Is that really your goal or do you want to see things innovate and improve? This game has so much money at stake in it that I find it improbable that they'd let go of one of this company's biggest cash cows so easily as to not improve the game. I remain hopeful. it won't be the end of the world if BDO dies, I have a few other MMO's in mind for future play - I'll likely play multiple MMO's when the one's I'm looking forward to come out - but would prefer it if BDO was my main MMO and this will only be possible with innovation and improvements, which, I firmly believe this company has every capacity and reason to do. While I reserve my faith in the company, I do give them my hopes. If you love BDO, you should do the same and come up with tangible solutions instead of QQ this QQ that, because that's how you come off to me bro.

IWalkAlone and NoobGamersBerlin like this.
  19. Vortexii

• Protected Area: You are alone in trying to defend this. The META forces clans to spam PA. It's absurdly OP. This has been recognized by virtually the entire community for years. If you can't see that, that's on you.
    • Class balance: has been ongoing for years and it's never even been close to being right.
    • Sand Box game: Wrong again. It's just flavor/exploit of the month options. What wrong this season? Guild Payouts? SMH ? Manos? Bartering? Do you even know BDO's history at all? For someone who questions whether someone plays you don't seem to know a lot of the major issues and problems the game has experienced.
    • No auto grind? Players are sitting in town gaining absurd amounts of exp. Players that would be top 10 growth rankings will never see their titles again. Players where AFKing to 63+ early on. If you actually played the game you would know how slow that progression is at nearly any important location in the game. Including Hystria, Scy, Aakman, Stars End............ You CAN NOT compete with AFK leveling in these locations unless you dedicate your entire life to 12+ hours a day LOL.
    You don't even get the AFK concept either. Another boring lemming that can't figure out the basics. You don't compare AFK activities on a 1:1 ratio. That's for people that have no clue what they are talking about. Of course you will gain more progress for being live. That is only PART of an equation. The RATIO is everything and it's totally messed up.

Waldenor likes this.
  20. Mana_Mafia

I'm a PvPer and I'm not saying any of these things, save for hating karma bombers.

I love grinding in circles. I love node empires (almost 400 CP!!). I love cooking/alchemy/processing. I enjoy sailing a lot and have been working on my carrack for the better part of 2 months now (Soon TM). I love gathering.

I'm here for the complete MMORPG experience, if I wasn't interested in anything but PvP I'd be playing a MOBA or an FPS.

**** horse training though.