1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boycotting Cash Shop

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Saeva, May 10, 2018.

Tags:
?

Boycott of BDO cash shop?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. Boycott

63.5%
  2. No Boycott

36.5%
  1. Nakria

Nakria Wizard 60 EU

I didn't got Pearls since 2016 lul. No reason to cash into this mess of a dying Game.

2. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Boycotting only hurts games, it never helps them. I am going to assume you lack experience in the MMO industry to understand this.

Smileybones likes this.
  3. Xialoh

Xialoh Valkyrie 60 NA

I have some experience. I think I understand that the point of boycotting is the very opposite of helping the game - the objective is to hurt until something changes. The only flaw with this tactic is that it's difficult to get enough people to go along with it outside of the most dire circumstances. Generally, circumstances under which people would use the much more effective approach of outright quitting, rather than boycotting the shop.

The MMO drought that made BDO the only appealing option for MMO players sick of the flood of vague WoW clones is nearing its end. If BDO survives with a playerbase anywhere near as strong as what its been enjoying in recent months when it happens, I will be very impressed.

4. eddie972e

yeah ill be boycotting, not gonna spend anymore money on this game, and i know they will feel it, since im a whale

Attached Files:

5. Sticka

#boycottBDO

6. Alicia Dominica

With your recent forum join date, it's somewhat difficult to judge for how long you kept that average going, not meaning to downplay your numbers though. It's just that the initial purchases tend to be higher because of the one-time things like inventory, weight, pets and so on.

Nevertheless, it's a shame when people like you who still supported the game feel let down and I hope that PA manages to pull something out of their sleeves that will end up satisfying you.

That said, what's important is what will happen long-term: Looking back at the "p2w drama", they might have lost some money/customers then, but I think it's fairly safe to say that long-term they have made far more money with those additional items/functions remaining in place. Same goes for the recent changes, it remains to be seen if the renown system makes them actually lose customers/money, or if they gain more with more people pushing for upgrades and buying artisans and what not. Same with the "reworked" PvP stuff, if it makes things for new players easier and they keep playing because of that, it's a solid enough change long-term.

7. Wispur

Oh, hah.
    I just joined the forums when the Grapple Nerf happened to express my displeasure as a Berserker.
    But yeah, that was 200 a month for the entirety of 2018. (until these last couple weeks)

Unfortunately, the Renown system creates a massive divide between new players and veterans.

There's no point in a new player starting the game now unless they accept that it'll be at least 9 months of daily play before they become relevant in endgame content such as Node-wars. The increased gap that Renown creates is a very real problem.

While every other game tries to boost new players to endgame as fast as possible, to keep the game healthy, BDO just slammed the door on new players.

#27 Wispur, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Woodsy likes this.
  8. zenjudit

We boycotting what...!!??

But but......I haven't finished mine yet and salary is coming again!!?? :(

[​IMG]

Jaeger likes this.
  9. Jaeger

XD

10. Kyouki

Each player has to decide for themselves if the game with worth spending money on. I've personally stopped since the renown system was implemented.

11. zenjudit

12. Columba

Bought more today!

13. zenjudit

steam only, base client not included :)

[​IMG]

Smileybones and Fumihiro like this.
  14. Cgunz

I've played alot of mmos, this short term rage never really works out

15. zenjudit

numbers are playing very little actually even pre-patch, so pretty solid since May 2017.....now go ahead and cry in the basement XD

*take note, steam users only, stand-alone client not even included :)

[​IMG]

16. Columba

Lol. I pretty much ignore message with the word pleb....

17. Ravare

18. TwilightAngel

LOL

19. Alexandrious

https://streamable.com/a9e09

20. Catastigma

I boycott the pearls shop since release. you can play and get softcap without spend a penny. just selling powerleveling and Boss piece for pearls lul.
    nop2w-2.jpg

Bunch of pigeon you are.
    Nexon,Ncsoft,trion,enmasse,Blizzard,PWI,tencent,webzen.gpatato, so much publisher dont deserve the money that thier get, thier exploiting all Basic Cognitif bias of human. for me this is imoral and no-ethic.

P2Fast
    P2convenience
    P2W
    every is not respectable.

TheReason likes this.