1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bring back weapons exchange coupons. PEN market is dead

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Aug 7, 2020.

1. MADE

Or they could just fix the market, so different classes weapons would have different price based on supply and demand, how a market should work.
    oh...
    wait...
    that would be too logical, better build the communism, comrade...

2. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Stop rerolling every 6 months and maybe you won't have a problem buying PENs from the marketplace for your class.
    Also,... no.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

You know perfectly why free markets fail and why they need to be regulated and you know perfectly why PEN weapons pricing is what it is.

But hey, easier and more fun to badmouth than being boringly honest right, especially when said honesty logically leads you to blame players instead of bashing staff.

Stealthe likes this.
  4. KhaosThanathan

This "community" is seriously beyond redemption.

Crowd A: Don't enhance. Just buy your gear off the Central Market!

*Looks at the central market: No or only a few PENs, total sales only in the hundreds.* Ever heard something about demand and supply?

Crowd B: Don't buy, enhance yourself, it's easy!

*Looks at the single-digit percentage probability for a successful enhancement even with high FS.* Ever heard something about god-awfully implemented RNG? If you're unlucky, even a goddamn 300+ FS won't help you.

Don't enhance. Don't buy. What are people supposed to do?

I hate P2W and the overmonetization of the game and the enhancement-system needs to be changed, but the only worry here seems to be profiteering by buying cheap PENs and then selling expensive PENs. Ever thought about that that could be changed? Like the Tuvala-exchange where you can't sell the exchanged item on the Central Market?

The people in this game, seriously... All masochists that only want others to be as or preferably even more miserable than they themselves are.

Rygart, Prowly, Vortexii and 6 others like this.
  5. NexusMercer

no

Jinoro likes this.
  6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Apparently you missed Crow C: Enhance what you can't buy.

Stealthe likes this.
  7. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

Or they could just add the questline for coupons they said they would

Blitzball and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  8. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

That is how it used to be and they changed it since people were making flips using the coupons.

9. KhaosThanathan

Yup, helpful. 10/10!

10. Factorial

Wait, hold on. Why should the market all of a sudden start to follow supply and demand? As soon as BDO starts to follow supply and demand, the whole marketplace would burn and crash.

11. Sylo78

I don't know why PEN cost what it does, genuinely. A TET weapon is a billion+ if I remember correctly but then a PEN skyrockets to over 20 billion+. Its like the drastic AP requirement jump from valanceia to kama lol. Don't get me wrong I understand they need to be expensive.

12. LightningFFXIII-4

Too many ppl just outright buying PEN gear instead of making it themselves. After all, why would they? Buying PEN gear is 100% chance with no failures while trying to PEN something usually costs tons of time enhancing and failing and buying artisan meme's and crons.

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  13. Rügenwalder Pommersche

prices usually match out, if we assume an average of 30 clicks per pen thats usually around 16-18b if u would cron it, pretty close to their mp price
    also prices fluctuate a lot, when i made my pen dande it would have cost 22b to buy, it then dropped to 18b and now is climbing back up to the 20s

Sylo78 likes this.
  14. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

No don't need them back. Idk how eu market for enhancing is, but NA it's stupid cheap. Sharps hit 1.3mil for 3hrs yesterday and look like they could potentially hit under 1mil a pop. It's stupid to the point that even lifeskillers are lossing 10s of millions an hr thanks to massive drops in enhancing mats. So just no don't need another reason for these mats to keep dropping in price.

15. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Well in theory its far cheaper to cron. In practice, there are only 7 parts you have to pen. So with just one going south you are unlikely to ever get down to the theoretical avg in that small sample size again.
    I failed 80 times on my third pen and then simply bought all others after.

16. KhaosThanathan

I see 13 equipment-slots though?

17. Freez1nG

its more like people on their perma reroll duty: "oh its time for my weekly reroll" wait a second... where are my exchange coupons, hm.... lets complain in forum

Stealthe and Jinoro like this.
  18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

but.... you can make it yourself. this ****ing sinkhole only took 60+ tries :D

dande whyso.jpg

19. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

3 Weapons 4 Armor
    Accessories are not for you to make them yourself. That is out of your reach. Just not worth it.
    Imagine failing 80 Pen Ogres at 6% instead of the15-16 avg. How would you ever recover from that to get back to the avg costs across all 13 pieces? You simply do not.
    If you succeed all your slots with around average tries you will be cheaper doing them yourself.
    But accessories also have another problem, depending on which one they are much more inconsistent in the silvercost ratio between TET and PEN. So some PEN might cost 6 times TET some might be 10 times TET etc.
    For weapon and armors 1 try is pretty much fixed in costs(cronstones) at about 500mio. Just divide your rather consistent 18-22b(per pen) by that and you get around 40 tries. With 100fs at 4% you need 25 tries average. Which means in theory you come out ahead by 15 tries. in practice you are one of those unlucky kids that fail 100 times in row and you will not get your average down again.

20. Hypotermia