1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bring back weapons exchange coupons. PEN market is dead

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blitzball, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

No thank you. Taking them out of the peal shop was one of the best things they ever decided to do.

Hijio, NexusMercer, Eryola and 3 others like this.
  2. KhaosThanathan

Aha.

So you're telling me that accessories are supposed to be bought via the CM? Then we're back to the argument of demand and supply. The total sales of PEN accessories aren't even in the hundreds. The last time I've checked, there weren't even PEN accessories for sale. So we're back to the "enhance what you can't buy"-argument which also doesn't help.

Seems to be somewhat of a dilemma, doesn't it?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  3. Hypotermia

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just an example. Maybe you didn't look hard enough?

Stop complaining about gearing and work for it just like everyone else -whales

4. Rügenwalder Pommersche

yea precisely thats why i said on avg the prices match out, i know way to many ppl who got their first pen in under 10 clicks, and half of those onetapped it, but i also know the other side old gm of my guild REALLY wanted the name tag so he made everything himself and his avg was 60ish clicks per pen

in my case i just cba to save up 20b i am very repulsive with spending so i enhance

5. KhaosThanathan

Are you playing dumb on purpose?

It should be obvious that numbers as little as that will never be able to satisfy the market - we're talking about a MMORPG-population in the 100.000s at least. While there may be lucky people which will be able to get their PEN accessories through the Central Market, those will always be an exception, meaning the vast majority of people are forced to enhance themselves and surrender themselves to being subject to the frustrations of purely luck-based progression. Hard work my *ss.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  6. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i mean talking about a "vast majority" for an item that is (reasonable) expensive but far out of reach for the vast majority of players
    how many ppl do u think are actually full pen and STARTING to buy pen accs
    if we ever get to the point where EVERYONE has full pen and they start market pvping for the pen accs ur statement would be true but at this day and age (if u are commited enough) it is really achievable to buy pen accs of the mp

i think i am above average gs yet i am still 100+ billion away before even thinking of buying pen accs

7. Schinrah

126 attempts, mix of crons and normal clicks, kept one 300 stack, did a "free" cron attempt when we got some from some event on a 263 stack for V Dim. By that time I had already bought some PEN's and had kinda given up on enhancing, would not have clicked if I hadn't gotten those crons. Worst decission I ever made in BDO was to try and enhance pen's. Bought all mine now, xept that one.

8. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

we all know exchange coupons were there to take advantage over devs incompetency

9. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

I am not telling you that, I am saying making pen accessories yourself can go so completely wrong, with things like Pen Ogre costing 1000billion instead of the like 70-100billion.
    If you want to go through a badluck streak that costs you a IRL-decade worth of silver you are free to try. However the market prices reflect the avg costs better and are safe. Most of those Pen Items are prolly made by people that got some Tet from a box and try pen without even being able to comprehend that it is simply stupid to try.
    While armor and weapons are in theory cheaper to make yourself, most accessories are not. So the longtermplan would be to never try pen yourself on accessories and always do pen armor weapons yourself.
    For ogre it would be: (-) 11,5billion *90% [tet ogre gets destroyed 90% of the time] + (79-11,5)billion *10%[tet ogre value increases to pen ogre value]
    That gets you to an average of 3,6billion silver loss per Pen Ogre click at 10% chance

I failed making cheaper than marketplace pen armors, even though the average costs are much lower enhancing with CM-costume crons. I am certainly not going to try some pen accessorie that already is a loss on average.

10. Hajiarux

11. Vortexii

This is a terrible idea that doesn't account for the RNG issues at all. While people have been struggling and complaining about getting burnt for YEARS about this enchanting process you advocate, "JUST GET PEN".

12. MisterJoy

The exchange coupons are already announced to return as "content" of the seasonal rewards.
    So yes, they will be back soon and be directly implemented in the seasonal FoM feature.

13. Venour

Venour Archer 63 EU

N OMEGALUL

14. Vortexii

The enchanting system is not conducive to playing the game. A poor system like this is ONLY in the game for purpose of gambling practices (generally illegally targeted at minors).

** REFERENCE POINT: To every lame comment about how Pay2Win doesn't effect you READ the proceeding statement OVER & OVER until it sinks in.

15. Hijio

Hijio Shigaeki Tamer 63 EU

One of the issues with those coupons that make me happy they removed it is that when a class becomes op, everyone will switch on this class in a few seconds. It will never help getting the game better, since the balance changes would be based on completely f**ked up statistics.

If a class is op but only the one who were playing it are op, then it's none of a big deal. But if a class becomes op and then everyone switch on this class, it makes the game being unplayable in pvp for those who remain on the class they enjoy the most...

So I hope we'll never get those coupons in cash shop ever ^^

Hajiarux likes this.
  16. Wodahs

hold on let me get my head round this
    OP makes a thread a while back Gathering mastery needs a nerf coz they believe quote "Gathering is too much profitable"
    and now complains "cant afford pen of MP" and needs exchange coupons

if you made enough of off gathering and put up an order surly some one would end up filling it

MoonDance17 and Smileybones like this.
  17. Ahri-

cant be a meta slave? time to cry.

18. woots

its a nice way to see how cancer the gambling gear "progression" is in that game, with nothing on the market, they might end to need to review more things regarding the gear slot machine

( unless they wont do sh#t as kr seem to p2w way more )

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  19. LightningFFXIII-4

People making 4.5bil a week with just bartering, then complains why PEN Market is dry.

MADE and Wodahs like this.
  20. Marshallx

With the amount of money the Pen Boi's have spent you could have any car in the world.......unreal.