1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broke farming?

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by backasin, May 20, 2017.

1. backasin

The chance of obtaining Sharp Black Crystal Shard and Hard Black Crystal Shard through farming has been increased slightly.

I came looking her because mine are heavily reduced, gotten 1 per 800 pests/prunes where before the patch i'd get 2 per 100.
    Bad RNG streak? or some1 else feels this way?

2. Viragos

My experience as well. To bad the few people who do farm in this game use workers on their fences instead of bothering with pruning. I'm going to go ahead and assume there isn't going to be a word on this from Kakao in a very long time; Seeing that it takes a month to fix a broken class...

3. Korvgubben

My rates have been pretty consistent even though topics like this pops up from time to time. Would however take a rather long time to notice a drop in shard rates on my 10x7 slot setup that I only prune during evenings.

My vote goes for the "bad rng streak" though.

4. shhfiftyfive

i always manually prune..
    i have gotten far less hards/sharps since the patch as well...
    running about 50 crops. check in on them several times a day. used to get 2-3 a day, now i get 2 in the last week or so. abysmal...
    also, i think i'm getting less weeds... idk.

5. SillySin

SillySin DarkKnight 62 EU

My experience after recent patch with farming (80 cp/field)

- Getting more Hard/Sharp (highest was 2x hard 1 sharp in one prune run and lowest 1x sharp).

- Getting more farming byproducts (this buff related to T9 release i believe except we dont have the t9 yet).

- Getting more seeds (noticeable).

6. Mikroman

I got more hard and Sharp shards in gathering near my farms than farming in my farms. I cut 5-10 trees, i get some maple saps, i grab some weeds and I got 3 hard shards +1 sharp shard in some minutes between 2-2 farming cycles. I got 1 hard shard after last patch. (58 seeds same time).

7. Amorphous

Amorphous Zhytox Wizard 61 EU

Please remember that that kind of note was in patch notes about 4-5 times since the nerf of farming and as we know sometimes they actually put wrong notes into the patch notes , as they sometimes put implented things there.

D:<

8. Maugrem

I thought it was just me?! I have a great rate when gathering but my farms are almost dry of sharps & hards!

9. Korvgubben

Got both a sharp and hard from the same plant today. That felt nice.

10. Nyrante

Nyrante Neecros Warrior 61 EU

It feels like a decrease. Having 5x 10 slot fences and got about 1-2 hard/sharp crystals per week since "increase".

11. Neka

Usually get 2-3 hards and 1-2 sharps a day from 10*10 plots. I don't really see an increase in drops to be honest.

12. Hideakiii

I did see an increase since the patch, but the Gathering Shards Event always messes up the rate badly. It always goes back to my average after that ends.

13. Korvgubben

Why 5x10 instead of 8x7? :P

2 CP cheaper and 6 slots more than your current setup.

14. Neka

I agree, having a strong fence collection is only CP-efficient if you're going for max (100 slots).

15. Quazal

I always smile at these types of posts, i think back to invention days in EvE, anytime a patch come in, usually within 24 hours, there is a post about invention is getting worse results....

Firstly RNG = RNG , secondly unless you use a LARGE amount of data you can't know its off. Simple example.

lets assume the RNG is server based and not character - Then firstly more players in game, thus, more people farming, meaning your % chance of getting nice drop is less. But of course this is just one example.
    Secondly, whats saying that the drops you were getting were above the server RNG % , and now its been slightly down on your normal return your suddenly saying its broke, How do you know it wasn't broke before?

But, it will be the same on next patch, could be the Trainers (like Myself) saying that lack of t4/t5 in wild, and female fawns are below the average.. Hopefully you see my point.
    If not, then do the maths over the next 30-90 days see what you come out with, assuming you kept records from the previous 30-90 days, if not then chances are your memory is playing tricks..(easier to remember the times things happen, than the times they didn't, for example i remember time won a trophy, but i dont remember time i didn't win the same trophy)

16. b_d

b_d

Same here, have 4 strong fences, got much less since increase, 1 hard shard in past few days, and my farm is running 24/7 ...
    I do all the pruning and pest removal by myself, thought i was getting unlucky...

17. Maugrem

No, we who farm and gather know that the rate has decreased significantly for farming. It's not in our imaginations.