1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buff Fishing Life Skill When?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BuShiDo, Dec 16, 2019.

1. BuShiDo

The current life skill climate is seeing lucrative silver gains for players who are actively gathering, cooking and doing alchemy. Players I've talked to are making between 150-200 mill per hour from gathering alone (cooking probably higher). When can we see similar silver gains for active fishing?

Even with those rare/prized fish catches I am not hearing that active fishing is producing similar silver gains. I am open to being corrected if anyone viewing this thread is actively fishing and guaranteeing themselves that much silver per hour.

I would like to see a Manos fishing rod that reduces cast times and increase mastery. I would like to see more types of materials being pulled out of the sea and rivers like Ancient Spirit Dust used in the making of Caphras Stones and an increase in the frequency of breezy conch seaweed or broken fish hooks used to make breezy conch seaweed. Sharps and Hard black stones and Black Gem Fragments.

Anything to put active fishing on par with the other life skills because not everyone is interested in ALL the life skills afforded by the game. We each have our own preferences when it comes to an immersive experience.

#1 BuShiDo, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. ghoulz666

Unlocked +2 prize fish a while back and still haven't found a single one. It's almost all just first tier +1's. Not sure what the benefit is.

It's not like gathering which is a flat increase the higher the mastery is. Able to get 2 hard/sharp or caphras instead of one. This is just RNG on top of RNG.

3. Andaro

Ambassador

Fishing has also been one of the longest abused contents. :/ Fish bots ruined the economy for years.

4. ghoulz666

So buff gathering and cooking to abusable levels. Sure that makes sense.

Rinnagans likes this.
  5. Lord_Xenon

How can a bot abuse those? For fishing he only stands there and do his job?

6. MMoNoob

have you tried harpooning?

7. BuShiDo

Bots can be applied to any of the life skills and I did go as far as to underline and point out ACTIVE fishing. Only when a player is active fishing should the extra material gains be invoked is what I am suggesting.

Phoenixxx75 and Graugus like this.
  8. BuShiDo

Guaranteed 150-200mill per hour???. If so then I stand corrected.

9. Andaro

Ambassador

No amount of silver per hour is guaranteed.

I do believe that fishing should have some new tools....and there are several that were created but never released....

10. Rinnagans

Obvious no one has seen a gather bot in full camo

11. Andaro

Ambassador

Set dat on fire

12. Eve Tater

How do you make big cooking gains? Mp prices seem to be down and crates are okay but ~40m a day

13. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

I agree buff active fishing.
    Make everywhere have the same catch speed as Ross Sea.
    Give Ross/Margoria Sea +10% rarity catch to harpooning, fishing in general, or both.

Fishing anywhere that isn't ross/margoria takes way too long. Makes me want to bash my skull into a wall.
    But its not even worth active fishing ross or margoria, bout 25 yellow fish from 8-10hrs of afk fishing...... With Guru 8 fishing... Real great catches..... :|
    And its not worth spending 2-3+ ****ING HOURS to fish hotspots and run across the entire map just to trade in with a buff..........

Please buff active fishing, this **** was okay back when the game first came out.... But what... 3/4 years later? It needs to be updated. -.-

And from my understanding fishing bots auto pulled and completed the mini game. So it shouldn't make a difference even if there were fishing bots. Because Ross sea's catch time is already a thing/pretty quick so they could just go there. Maybe if the 10% rarity was also applied to fishing the great sea, but even then, 10% more yellow fish is only like 2-3 extra yellows.

Would be kinda nice if the "great sea" got a solid harpoon buff. Wouldn't mind being able to just be able to harpoon for yellow/prize fish instead of hotspot chasing trying to fill the inv with yellow fish.

#13 Muhaha, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  14. BuShiDo

They cook specialty foods for imperial delivery. So its cooking + trading. According to some players it's netting them 200+ mill per hour.

I feel fishing has been neglected (relatively speaking) for far too long. Even fish crates for trading has been a long standing bad joke.

15. Eve Tater

Yeah that's what I don't get, the numbers seem to be straight up lies. Even if the mats cost you literally nothing, the profit from guru crates per day (half your cp which on average is ~160) is 128mill. Now this doesnt take the golden seal or delivery box into account but the average value of the chest is so low it's mathematically impossible for these to make up 70mill, and again this is the max limit in a day and with no resource cost for the crates.
    But yes I do agree with the main purpose of this, active fishing should be buffed (as should there be some sort of thing for active training)

16. Lord_Xenon

320 CP? Come back when you are 380 and more. And the gift box do indeed make some difference. Alone 1 milk drop from the higher ones make several 100k. And to get only 1 out of 100+ seem to be very low.

17. Eve Tater

You know 350 CP is softcap right? And that 30 extra boxes still doesn't make up the massive difference that exists with mats costing nothing? Like I said, just from rough estimates of about 250 boxes the value of the boxes isn't worth much and absolutely doesn't make up the huge difference.

18. Kelt Rand

People gathering making $150 to $200MM an hour...complete BS!

19. ghoulz666

That's another stupid thing. Mastery has zero purpose with hotspots.

Why they didn't release any repairable upgraded harpoon..? Left with outdated tools and can't make the most of the new lifeskill revamp.