1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buff Musa

Discussion in 'PvP' started by HongChong, Jan 12, 2019.

1. HongChong

The class has terrible CC's with only 2 being protected and 1 of those being infamous for its unreliable nature, a small amount of unreliable protection, and a dash that was massively nerfed and brought below other classes despite the classes roll being designed as the most mobile and fastest class in the game.

Requiring a large amount of sheet stats in order to hit a classes stride point is in no way proper game balance.

I wouldn't even give a damn about the lack of sustain, bad and hard to land CC's, and lack of protections in general if only they never touched the dash. You have a class that was specifically made to be the "I am faster than everyone else without comparison" class, but then when they took away everything from him they thought it was bad for him to have that as well.

You can dash decently faster than other characters, granted, but unlike other classes you actually run out. There's other classes who do actually have limits to how much they can dash but all the meta classes don't and people don't seem to mind that which is what annoys me. Ninja, Kuno, and Sorc can all have protected CC's, the first 2 even have grapple, and all 3 have I frame spams out the ass with no major limitations.

Musa on the otherhand dashes around and then eventually runs out of gas. Once he's out he has no protections and rarely will be given an opportunity to regen stamina. If you're up against a class who engaging on you and just running after you then you're just gonna get rolled over, and if it's a class that has been kiting your ass like no tomorrow then all you can do is stare at them and wonder why is life so cruel.

That's fine, really it is, but the annoyance to me is when we're talking PvE. Lets use one of BDO's finest and oldest community traditions, the Gahaz Bandits Drag Racing Grand Prix. This usually starts up with when 2 shitlords want a rotation but neither will flag and instead just want to push the other off, so they break out into a full dash spamming Street Race to see who can kill the next mob pack. I'm fine with this, makes for a good practice for when I want to go Pro at nascar one day. The problem is that after the dash changes I'm out of stamina usually about 10 seconds in while my opponent continues to freely dash along and their desired, at which point I lose by default as I'll never catch back due to stamina regen memes.

The Fastest Dash in the west is also offset by the way Musas animations work, so even if you are slightly faster while you're dashing then you're still neck and neck at actually killing the packs. Damage aside, Musas animations are mostly attempts at roleplaying as a human beyblade instead of the normally quick "pop" style abilities other classes have so it's not conducive to these top tier speed run strats. This is just a hypothetical to explain how bad it can be though.

Only thing I ask for is to revert the stamina cost changes to Chase, add in some accuracy on Dash Slash for all of these poor evasion plagued Musas, and just give us 1 good CC ability.

2. Corrus

Corrus Musa NA

Just give us back more stamina on skills.

3. Xairen

o m e g a l u l

#3 Xairen, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Rilok, Karma555, AZzalor and 2 others like this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

musas with decent ap already can engage1-2 click people and disengage. also, ranged insta cc stiffen that can take good chunk of (if not whole) block bar at good gear. what do u think needs to be buffed about that?

Mana_Mafia and Sturmflut666 like this.
  5. Shakur

Shakur Musa 62 EU

It would be really nice if we would get some small potion of stamina back when we actually hit people with certain skills. So we have to actually fight to get some stam back unlike it was pre cc changes/nerf.

i wouldnt mind 1 more protected skill or actually some more useful skills in preawak like a small mobilty iframe to active dodge grabs. the 3s cd on dash iframe isnt realy reliable and hard to time to engage and disengage after a missed cc. could be with a longer cd of 9-12sec so we arent untouchable for grab reliant classes but are ****ing able to get out of mystics vacuum!

6. BboydD

With the next update nerf ninja kuno and mystic you will become one of the best pvp classes because you keep your SA on cc skill for the moment

Karma555 likes this.
  7. jangalangz

You wouldn't say any of this with Veteran AP ;). Musa top frags in most seige guilds.

Mana_Mafia, Rilok and Karma555 like this.
  8. MoonDance17

If someone tries to steal your rotation by getting ahead of you just go back to the start and kill the mobs before he gets there and keep on doing it until he gives up.

9. Swift

Why do stamina classes all complain about stamina as if they're the only ones who suffer with this problem? It's called stamina management....all classes that have stamina become extremely vulnerable without it.

10. Itoena

Itoena Warrior 62 EU

The rabam arrow shot is a CC no? And at 261 ap that crushes most of the block of a 300 dp warrior with full villa and food buffs. On top of that your dash has SA on CD and iframe every 3 seconds. Warrior one is unprotected except for every 2 seconds and shorter distance travel as well. We all Use stamina when dashing. Seems to me you are just not high enough stamina lvl to maintain it. (this is just a speculation. Feel free to correct me here) musa is not one of the top 3 right now in pvp but it is in pve. And is damn close in pvp as well. And who knows. Might rise higher once naruto clan and mystic gets their nerfs. And almost no one have more than 1 or 2 protected CCs.

11. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Accidently posted

Oof

#11 Tvvin, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  12. HongChong

Getting a massive amount of sheet stats to become viable is not even balance, that's poor design.

13. HongChong

We don't have a SA on a skill that has CC.

SyrioX likes this.
  14. HongChong

Getting a massive amount of sheet stats to become viable is not even balance, that's poor design.

Also by that logic Valks, Tamers, Sorcs, Warriors, Rangers, Archers, any off meta class has any right to complain because players who have "Veteran AP" top frag in siege guilds.

15. HongChong

No, not all classes have stamina management. And the few that do still have other options to go with, but Musa was designed purely to dash for both his Offense and Defense and was left with nothing but that during the PvP changes, yet they still gutted that even though other classes dash just as much.

16. HongChong

Third verse, same as the first. Getting a massive amount of sheet stats to become viable is not even balance, that's poor design.

Also that's what I meant when I said Stub arrow and stub arrow variants. You have stub arrow, Triple shot, and Quick shot. Like I said in a different reply Warrior was designed to do things beside dashing. You still have your protections, you have a block, and you even have grabs. Musa has nothing once he runs out of stamina. If he's getting kited he has no other mobility or offense to go after that person, and if he's being chased after then he has nothing he can do to protect himself.

So his only option is to get a high ass amount of AP to delete blocks/frontal guards and still hit like a truck without CC and through protections. That's not good design.

SyrioX likes this.
  17. Sacrifuce

why would top frag class need a buff again

Karma555 likes this.
  18. jangalangz

Everyone has a right to complain. I agree it's **** design, but unfortunately Musa is just one of those classes who doesn't really shine until reaching the higher AP ranges.

19. Swift

So....you're saying other classes that have dash/mobility iframes aren't also designed to dash purely for both offense and defense? Have you tried to play any other class and not use their mobility frames?

-also yes, every class that deals with stamina have "stamina management"...Valks and Rangers complain about it all the time because they got gutted. Sorcs have to intertwine unsafe skills inbetween iframes to keep consistent stamina. It should be no different with Musa/Maewha.

If you're making the complaint that musa has no long range attack, I would agree with you.
    But the fact that musa/maewha are also the fastest class in the game, I disagree that they need to be handed one.

Mana_Mafia and Rilok like this.
  20. GuiltGuy

musa's shift+RMB is range attack though.

but yes they should considering balancing large scale battle as classes can deal ranged damages dare either deny or pretend to neglect their op and long-timed dominations over large scale battle while begging more for pvp battles.

as long as the classes supposed to be top in pvp get nerfed it's now time to take a look at the unbalence in large scale. sick of seeing some classes are like cowards hiding in crowd while frontline classes are knocked down like a moron