1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buff tamer (Cus it's the weakest class in bdo)

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by irrelevant, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

Tamer has been the weakest class in bdo for a long while now and this is especially true since awakenings all came out and is in a dire need of a substantial buff. It's been too long of a struggle to constantly be neglected and accused of being "overpowered" because people go to arena and stand on 1 place while both tamer and pet are hitting their target which almost never happens in actual real pvp.

In real pvp >

Half of tamer skills simply do not work, you'll get cced in every single iframe and superarmor that you have because they're all partial and because of desync and because the class doesn't work. No other class has this and every class can chain their skills way more reliably than tamer can (even if they still suffer from desync its much more rare and anyone that's ever played tamer + another class can just instantly tell you that it is so)

If doesn't matter if i use 2 iframes and superarmor dash because guess what? I'll get cced in one of them. The class also lacks damage in mass pvp compared to sorc, witch, wiz, dk, valkyre, plum , musa , literally every class and you know why's that? Cause in mass pvp tamer can only use it's fire staff which does laughable damage and when there are multiple targets the pet wont even hit your target because the pet actually goes around chasing its own target for the most part and because people move around so your pet damage often doesn't even apply on your own target so all this "QQ TAMER IS OP CUS IT KILLS ME IN ARENA WHEN IM STANDING STILL WITHOUT USING SKILLS AND POTS" thing is completely irrelevant

in real pvp you're absolutely and fully melee and you constantly get flanked and hit on your frontal guards (even if you reposition yourself with sidesteps you still get hit mid sidestep or mid SA while trying to reposition) and because you're melee you're forced to deal with the highest amount of aoes thrown at your location so you have to iframe/sa/block 10 attacks and it only takes a single desynced guy to CC you for everyone to kill you with their followup while being a wizard on 30 meters you probably only have to tank 2-3 people and the chances to get hit are much lower, but even then the wizard SA is super reliable compared to tamer

there are some classes like ranger and kunoichi that can cast certain skills and have SA for super long period almost when they're standing IDLE ON ONE PLACE and they're still in SA while tamer skill SA ends while you're channeling the actual skill so you just get cced

the damage is low because your pet can get cced, can get killed, can get distracted, doesn't always focus your target. (Even so tamer does have okay damage after everything said but it's not nearly as much as people try to imply it is) and you can't really afford to sit and tank abilities by multiple people so there's that

there's also the fact that every ability you have has 1 sec cast time and everyone can just grab you? tamer also has the worst ult in the entire game because it doesn't cc your target so they just walk up and grab you / the CC is rng/ the damage is rng and usually horrible and if you play this game for awhile you'll die more times in your ult than kill someone with it because people just walk through your ult (with or without SA) and grab you

this is NOT a 1v1 game and even if it was - tamer isn't good in 1v1 because every class can kill in a single CC/Combo but some classes have it super easy because they can extend/get super long combo from any cc and tamer is not really one of them.

Tamer cant kill in grab engage (equal gear) unless its with max buffs and ranger/ninja/valkyre/half of the classes in the game can just grab and kill you most of the time but you can't do the same.

So you finally got 100% spirit and wanna try to be useful? nope warrior / valk is gonna use their lingering sa to walk through 20 people and grab you with 10 skills hitting them then leave. You wanna go in create some chaos and go out? Yeah maybe if you dont get hit in some defensive skill and even then your damage is pathetic without superbuffs because you cant use half of your skills in mass/group pvp

the class is a complete joke and is the worst class in bdo , even kuno and ninja are better because their skills are more reliable their sa lasts much longer and their grab is an iframe and they actually have iframe on shortsword, which tamer doesn't. Tamer has "evasion" which isnt a full iframe and simply doesn't work. Tamer has no passives. Tamer has the worst 3 min buff

judging a class by its damage when you're standing still in arena is just stupid, go to mass pvp and judge then, see how useful ur heilang is and how much your damage is. I dare whoever designed tamer to stream as he spams red battlefield/ castle node wars and tries to do something by himself (Without zerging his enemy cause every class can zerg and tamer isnt even that good at zerging but sure it can get kills that way, however, that doesn't count)

make the skills actually reliable

#1 irrelevant, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Cinnae, GTess, Maylinh and 13 others like this.
  2. Nyhver

That sounds like most classes

This was a decent satire if intended

3. irrelevant

sounds like a bad joke

no other class get's cced the same way that tamer does because other classes have properly designed sa

4. Claydough

Tamer is fine

If your struggling, clearly youre not playing her correctly

I think its time for you to reroll

Slynx, Rilok, Kasu and 8 others like this.
  5. Saiyer

Saiyer Saiyer NA

I wouldn't call it the weakest class, but I'd like to see some changes come to Tamers.

As for the CC thing...yeah everyone suffers from it. If you think Tamer is the only class with Super Armor issues, than I'm assuming all you've played is Tamer and only have that view. Super Armor has always been finicky due to skill issues, lag/desync, or just the odd bugs regardless of the class it's with.

Alrikmerc likes this.
  6. irrelevant

do you play tamer? no
    then you have absolutely no idea about the issues i'm talking about.

Show me a correctly played tamer and then i'll accept that i suck and adjust my life around it

No.

ask any tamer that has played multiple classes. (me included)

and even if , IF we assume that this is true then tamer should still receive a compensation for this because the class relies on precision and evasion and is melee so it's the biggest victim of this. A witch/wiz barely ever have to tank skills (and their sa works anyway but this is a hypothetical scenario) and warrior /valk basically have infinite lingering SA with their block and at the end of the day tamer is way more affected by this than others are

SoulRemix likes this.
  7. IHirs

Ever played wizard?

Mido likes this.
  8. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Sounds like you just described a situation where the server hardware is simply not up to snuff... I mean, I know I'd certainly be happier if I weren't CC'd through Super armor or just have my skills randomly **** up.

Vix likes this.
  9. Saiyer

Saiyer Saiyer NA

So I guess Musa, Maehwa, Ninja, and Kunoichi don't have this problem but only Tamer does?

Regarding the Witch/Wizard thing, I'm guessing you're just mimicking the outcry of "Witch/Wiz OP pls nerf" without understanding what a glass cannon is? Our Super Armor is alright, but it's not enough to face tank CC forever and if you can't kill a Witch or Wizard in melee than either your gearscore is MUCH lower than them or you don't actually know when to use your CC because you don't keep aware of when they use their super armor skills.

For Warrior and Valk...they were designed as tank classes so of course they have truckloads of super armor.

Again, the thing you're actually suffering from is most likely Desync or lack of skill and awareness. Tamer isn't the weakest class nor is it the only one with incoming and outgoing CC issues.

Slynx likes this.
  10. irrelevant

They don't

maybe you should play some of these classes or watch a stream. I've seen and done more than enough pvp to know that especially musa and maehwa can just move forever without getting cced between their SA and this doesn't apply to them
    why are you even posting about pvp balance when you're lvl 56 and i'm absolutely 100% certain you've never even experienced end game in bdo, you don't have top gear and you also haven't done enough node wars/rbf. Why are you even here to troll my thread???

i won't bother responding to you any more but lol at saying that witch/wiz are glass cannon when they're the tankiest classes in bdo after warr/valk/zerk

LODEMN likes this.
  11. Saiyer

Saiyer Saiyer NA

So you want to disregard other classes and make it out to seem like Tamer is a special snowflake. Sorry to burst your bubble but CC is an issue every class deals with. Tamer has it's problems sure and while it could have more reliable super armor...that doesn't make it the worst class and make even Ninja and Kunoichi a shining example of a class done right...when even PvP data has shown that Tamer isn't the worst but it isn't 'top tier'.

So now you want to attack me and discredit me because your stats are higher than mine so clearly you know much more about PvP or CC than I do. PvP and CC are not new gaming concepts nor is CC resistance. I took a very long break from BDO back around June of last year and came back about a month ago. I might not be up to speed with the latest balance changes or have full TET gear (I remember when I got my Bhegs when boss armor was still blue) but from what I've been reading and what I've been playing...

The problem isn't the class. It's the servers.
    If you honestly want to keep going around saying Tamer is the weakest class still, than feel free to and hope the devs change things in your favor.

If not...consider rerolling so you don't have to deal with the Tamer issues you have.

Slynx, Damulka, Bahska and 3 others like this.
  12. irrelevant

so you don't even play the game and you're lvl 56 (which takes less than 6 hours to get, and i also have a 56 lvl witch for fame system) and you come here to attack my thread and my points and you think you have some credibility? like, literally even you said you're not playing the game. Seriously?

this is some ridiculous trolling right there

LODEMN and Faoiltiarna like this.
  13. Nyhver

The guy is staying in character

Saiyer likes this.
  14. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 62 NA

Nearly every time im mid dodge, SA, BLOCK a warrior will get a KD on my wizard without fail.

Every class has the issue you outlined with desync and SA just straight not working. Its not specific to tamer. God you are such a putz sometimes.

Im level 60.4 just incase you come at me with that bs you dont play.

15. Saiyer

Saiyer Saiyer NA

I hit 56 before awakening was released and Mediah was still new. Back when the main source of bonus exp was milk tea and Catfish was contested. Now adays it's easy to hit 56 sure, but I've been sitting at 56 for close to a year now. I'm personally not interested in grinding and would rather work on my gear than my level since I plan to reroll to striker anyways.

Also since you seem to have misread my post; I said I came back a month ago. I've been playing the game since then. My intentions were not to "troll" you, but if you see it that way than I suppose a differing opinion isn't welcomed in your thread.

Exan_Bloodmoon and Edremis like this.
  16. irrelevant

Your class has a vulnerability frame after aqua jail

you can literally chain all other of ur skills without a problem, and what does " mid dodge " mean if you play wizard

not every class has the issue i outlined and you wouldn't know because you just haven't played the class.

If you cast a skill (and it goes on cd) and you get hit within 0,5 sec you can get CCed because your enemy sees you 0,5 sec in the past because servers/coding/whatever and that's fine and normal but if you cast a skill you can easily chain all of your abilities without getting cced, unless you play tamer.

If you go to rbf you can see every class getting in sticky situations and getting out cause their skills work while tamer without pole jump often just gets hit in some of their skills cus the design is just horrible, and then you're also squishier than other classes (again horrible design) and you contribute a lot less in mass pvp (because you're a tamer)

17. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 62 NA

If I cata or hellfire I generally get cc'd followed by a grab (from classes that have it) If we happen to be skilling at the same time. Never fails.

Warrior is the only class I can think of that doesn't have an issue as they can keep SA and block up nearly 100% of the time unless they screw up. making desync not really a huge issue for them. But every other class ive played, ive been cc'd more times than not when SA is active or supposed to be active.

Im not disagreeing with you by the way im just saying its not just tamer that has this problem. My favorite is when you hellfire at the same time as slashing and they go over it bypassing your forward guard and get a KD from behind.

Damulka, Bahska and SC0TY999 like this.
  18. LoneWolf

Honestly you should refrain from posting your own opinion when you know that you haven't reached end game and are lvl 56.

The past is in the past it doesn't matter if you pvped a lot during Mediah release, everything has changed since then.

19. Sohaki

Sohaki Valkyrie 63 EU

I have to agree on that one. Get to 59 at least then u know what high end pvp looks like and what your class can and cannot do. The OP is 61 so he has much more experience than a lvl 56 character.

I havn't read through all the wall of text from the OP but the title of this thread is all wrong imo. There's no need to buff tamer. Tons of tons of dmg, good mobility, iframes, SA and even a small block. What tamer needs is bugfixes.

All classes are affected by the whole desync issue, thats not just a tamer issue. Some classes are hit harder some less thats the only difference.

DkFox likes this.
  20. PanpanTheGreat

PanpanTheGreat Sorceress 61 EU

Not only Tamers suffer from those issues, and i m pretty sure Musa is much more worst than Tamer. They suck at both 1v1 and mass pvp while tamer may have low aoe power they still remain good for 1v1. As well i think you are exagerating the damage you deal with your aoe, even if i agree it s probably underwhelming compared to some classes which are broken.

Please do you realy think that is true that tamers can't one combo without "full buff" with same gear in 1v1?

You say all those issues are tamers issue only but as a sorc i can relate to most of them (wind up on skills, getting cc ez in your guard, dsync on iframe and buggy SA, no way to make your combo longer and at least you have a grab i don't lol...)

And yeah grab and SA are the worst noobish mechanics in this game, but don't expect any change to this as every new class they make just get more of this every single time...

Valient, ultio51, Edremis and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.