1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buff tamer (Cus it's the weakest class in bdo)

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by irrelevant, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemonster.izoone

awesome thanks with your combo tamer works again ... you just fixed all the bugs... can i send you some PEARS pls? really i would even send you some cash ... NOT ...

pls do us a favor and just move on to the next forum/thread ... whatever ... thank you in advance!

2. Pako

Keep being a salty pleb.

3. Pako

Keep being a salty pleb.

4. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 62 NA

1v1 where everything goes your way? Might be so. That's irrelevant though, because arena victories don't count for anything. Classes that have no passive DR or Evasion increases are the baseline of squish in this game. Rangers, Tamers, DK's are among those. Tamer is worst off because so many classes inflict magic damage in this game.

Tamers damage can be pretty good, no argument there. Yet it's got a severe limitation: Heilang. We can hit a group with CC, get a bunch of stun or float off legendary beast dance, but the real damage of those attacks are the pup, who will hit 1...maybe, maybe 2 people, and the second one will get a half hit. The damage tamer does is from him. If you have a tamer yourself as you said you played it, get heilang out, do LBD and cancel it with Q, watch Heilang's attacks. They will 4 shot another tamer if everyone stands still. Then do those 4 hits without heilang, and see how "great" our damage is.

Then compare that to Sorc doing DoD-dash-Violation-GRJ to 2-4 people all standing next to each other. If one of them's a tamer, see how much more damage they take than everyone else.

Maxi.BS likes this.
  5. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

tamer section is the only place where non-tamers come to tell us how op tamer is when they have no clue about the class and don't even recognize the skills and have no pvp experience or achievements either

awesome

another nameless warrior pineapplewhatever spamming 3 pages , why don't you people teach us even tho i can probably beat you 100 times straight up

everyone seems to have it all figured out except us

also can you people stop saying that rangers are weak? rangers are among the top classes in this game and are nowhere near weak, nor do they lack "protections" lmao. Ranger can have infinite superarmor (literally) if they dont cancel their skills early and they take less damage (they used to take the lowest damage from witch/wiz in the past) and their 3min buff is broken. They also have high range on all their skills which they can use to position themselves safer and in turn get less damage cus they arent right there in middle of the aoe

tamer isn't good anywhere, in arena included. It's just how bdo is as i've said many times. Everyone will oneshot you. Get a good player of any class with good gear and see if he wont 1shot you from 1 cc. The only thing you can judge by in this game is different types of utility such as reliability, things that go through block, special defensive buffs, amount of potential engages and whatever other stuff like that

if you judge by this, tamer has some of the worst mobility in the game(cant catch any class), has unreliable/crappy defense and cant even move without lbp which doesnt work, at the same time tamer has barely a single engage which is completely obvious and if you fail grab you're dead (or desync)

literally all other classes are 50 times better in this regard. Tamer has easy damage and no option for better utility/defense/whatever
    others have easy damage, easy defense, easy everything

some have harder damage and harder defense (like kunoichi for example) BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE THE OPTION to

with tamer u have no options, press moonlight and hope u dont get ccd, can't grab cus its not protected and in general u have zero flexibility in what you can do and the way you can play.

edit: the only reason why tamer appears better in 1v1 is because you get screwed by crappy designed partial skills less when you're fighting only 1 person and there's 'less desync' in a way, so your class works more and cause you can use half+_ of your skills that you cant use in grp pvp cus theyre unprotected
    anyway, even with that if a player knows how to fight tamer it isnt that good and while its not as trainwreck as it is in mass pvp - it's not "the best" or "one of the best" in 1v1

random unremarkable people that nobody cares about trying to shove their views and opinion about a class they have no clue about and have barely seen or played and in their mind only have cherry picked moments should piss off cause i literally feel embarrassment and cringe when i read your bs and i try to imagine and picture you as you think it and type it

Arlinn likes this.
  6. Alrikmerc

And you will continue to say it because people don't listen. I'm terrible at this game, but just about everything you've said is something i've experienced at one point or another. The problem is that 90% of the complaints about tamer we get from other classes are a result of 1v1 encounters where they just didn't do anything right and gave in to frustration so they lost over and over again, then blame us and our class for it.

Truth is, if you do things correctly in this game, most of the time Tamer is at a disadvantage. It's by other people being terrible and Heilang RNG that we win as often as we do because what we do well, there are other classes who do it better and have less hampering them. That's just the game's meta, it doesn't cater to classes that are limited to skirmishing.

7. irrelevant

people are just clueless and arrogant in this game

i said that warriors have SA on their skills several months before awakening was even released and nobody believed me and i was labeled as crazy and what not etc troll etc and then they finally learned about lingering sa

then valkyries didn't wanna believe they have lingering sa until they learned how to keep it up and i got pmed by someone with a screenshot from valk discord of some valk saying that i was right all along and he feels like a fool for not believing me and testing it sooner

then there were sorcs who didn't believe they have lingering iframe for so long but i knew that

then there's random rangers on the forum which don't even know they can be in SA 100% uptime (well most do cus this is more common knowledge, at least i've seen people abuse it in game willingly) but the point is that everyone in bdo thinks he knows it all because the game makes you feel like superman most of the time with how braindead and easy pve is (with that exact reason, to make people feel powerful and good)

the problem with tamer complaints are that people are unfair and scummy and lame and immature and childish for the most part, i do consider the superman part whenever i think about bdo and i try to be as objective as possible plus i have a ton of experience to use as reference and i've seen first hand how much a musa or a kunoichi can do, when they're generally considered as bad classes and many will even say they're worse than tamer when no - they aren't , not even close

8. Hydronix

I'm going to leave it that your bad and know nothing about the class

9. Vius

I play tamer since japan beta, top growth rank EU for months still top after barely 1 year afk, played in best zerk guilds but yeah I probably don't know the class I played for thousands of hours.

The issue with this thread is people like you who question the comments of the most experienced tamers in EU/NA.

Bonus tips : "you are bad" or you're bad" not "your bad".

10. pineapplelover

So i just did that - LBD canceled by Q - and the animation of heilang attacking still plays, although i assume by your mentioning this the attacks don't go through? And i've never said that tamers are good in 1vx. They don't have the kit for it, but if i were to resume what i mentioned earlier about tamer being better than ninja or kuno, at least tamer can complete its task of being an assassin. Tamers aren't meant to rush in and take groups of people on at a time. It's not one of the top tier classes that can do that.
    As for the dp test id actually love to do that if i wasnt getting disconnected every 10minutes im online. Any pvp isn't currently possible until this IDC thing is fixed.

11. Elinu

1. Tamer's attacking power in 1 vs 1 is great If tamer can get close and do CC grab combo, tamer is OP strong.
    2. KR don't have much ping + KR tamer don't have problem with Super Armor and Front Guard glitch or bug. N/A tamer still have problem with it.
    3. Tamer uses dashing skill to get closer to target. These dashing skill should have SA or SA > Front guard. It doesn't work sometimes and get downed or stuned. N/A Kakao team can't fix this problem.
    4. Only tamer recieve 25~35% more magic damage. Tamer's HP is lower, Tamer's Magic defense is nerfed, Tamer's original defense is weaker. Tamer's mobility is slower. If you fight againt tamer, you can always just run away and come back after full HP. Tamer can't even catch witch/ wiz.

5. Tamer is going to super OP, IF
    A. Tamer's SA/ front guard bug fixed.
    B. Tamer's gear set is full evade + defense ex:200~220AP with 320~340 DP
    C. Delete negative 25~35% magic defense penalty.
    D. Current KR 2nd awakening 2nd skill.

12. Alrikmerc

ah, no. I was saying that Heilang is a huge chunk of our damage and he doesn't contribute when fighting multiples very well. You say we weren't designed to take on half a zerg by ourselves, yah...i agree. Though we could survive to help our team more effectively if they fixed the skills that aren't working properly. Though desync will still be an issue. Ninja can outburst a Tamer though, given equivalent GS though, and Kuno is much more handy at fighting multiple targets than either of those two classes are. Tamer is between them, honestly. Fights multiples better than Ninja, can kill a single target better than Kuno, but can't do what either of them are usually built to do as well as them.

13. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

The most experienced tamers in EU/NA were the ones that played KR and NA beta and since launch. You are not one of them lol.

14. irrelevant

yeah because when you started matters so much about experience right?

making account in 2015 and doing pvp for 200 hours gives you more xperience than someone that made account in 2017 and did pvp for 600 hours?

also he might not be but i am, i've been playing since release and im the highest lvl tamer with the highest amount of pvp time spent and i think the class is complete garbage and people should get paid to play this torture to diversify the game

15. Hydronix

i guarantee you don't even know the best tamer combo lol or even can use your iframe correctly

16. Alrikmerc

Yeah, but let's not get into complaining about desync at this point in the conversation. :P

17. Desilation

well to be fair if a tamer who doesn't have the best engage and disengage couldn't that would be quite stupid,since musa are quite easily a high tier class once gear hits a certain level, easily killing or severly injuring while never worried about how do I get away...musa and maewa have the some of the best pick off potential and sneak attack in the game. given they do need to hit a high ap cap. tamers on the other hand only have a fair engage and disengage. being we have to usually engage with moonlight and use cloud riding for escape. even using that rangers, warrior, zerks, musa, maewa, dk, witches and wiz, striker, can quite easily pursue a tamer and catch them, while you wont ever catch musa or maewa unless the corner themselves.

18. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Holy crap, this thread is still going.

19. Rozenblood

This is a thread where all the Tamer players can delude themselves that they're the weakest class in the game, keeps them somewhat contained which is a good thing.
    Except for that one troll that keeps shitting up most threads tho.

#639 Rozenblood, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Xenon likes this.
  20. Taj

Taj Shai 61 EU

Please never leave the game though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.