1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Bug cannot afk read books after maintenance anymore

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Jelly666, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Jelly666

Normally when one of my characters read from a bookshelf I can switch to a different character and the original reading character will continue reading in the background showing a "Reading a book" status, which he'll finish reading in an hour and obtain an random knowledge. All my alts were reading before today's maintenance yet after servers are back up all my alts are still stuck in "Reading a book" status for 3 hours. I tried to switch to each char to restart reading process however when I switch from char A to Char B char A won't continue reading in the background anymore. I'm trying to progress in the new ecology knowledge point system and this bug is very crippling. I would very appreciate if this can be fixed ASAP thank you.

In game family name : IceBar

2. Sevyrn

Can confirm I too cannot have my alts read books anymore.

3. [FoH]Harfle

can confirm also, not working at all. sad sad times indeed

4. Zerkyn

Same here

5. Ponge85

Same here. If this is intentional, then the bookcases are useless now, as you can get knowledge you already have, so reading on your active char would be a waste of time.

6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

I guess going for high knowledge points, the bookshelf was useless to begin with. I am at 7400 points now and all thats left are bosses, gatekeeper, aakman, hystria, gyfin and some other not so fun areas in valencia and kama. Or is there a way to "target" those categories using a bookshelf? If it is just a random knowledge you can read a book 200 times and not even trigger a monster you do not already have S on.
    But even with low knowledge points just setting up the character and having this channel change issue afterwards(which I heard some people have) it would be faster to go into any random area and just manually get the 3000 or 4000 points you might be aiming for.

7. PAmaster

Guys that this worked in the first place was a bug or an exploit and no feature... you are just saying here that you abusing this bug all the time....

gg you all are exploiters btw... But you all are lucky since they already told us they will fix this bug but everyone using it are safe they dont bann people for this.

Its Fixed now ...so stop crying you cant use this exploit anymore.

Salvie Vesuva likes this.
  8. Ponge85

And it was never an exploit. You have a very little chance to get new knowledge this way, and you gain upgraded Ecology knowledge very slowly. If you are concerned about the Ecology knowledge ranks, it is way more effective to go out and farm the mobs. And reading is not an effective nighttime activity either as you'd have to reset every reading char every hour. Anyway, who says and where that it is an exploit?

9. PAmaster

Devs stated before that this is a bug, there are serveral situation this bug end in crashing the game client.

As told before please stop crying that this exploit was fixed in the last patch.

Just accept that you can´t use this exploit anymore and start playing the game fair and square without using other cheat tools or bots thank you.

If you still want to read a book do it like it should be. Place your charakter in front of your books and read 1 hour at the meanwhile do some real life stuff or watch tv.

#9 PAmaster, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  10. Ponge85

If this was an exploit, why were features implemented for it? If the character starts reading a book, then you switch to an other character, the portrait of the alt says "reading a book" in the character select window. Why was this notification message implemented in the game if this way of reading is not intended and is an exploit/bug? Also, the CM message I quoted clearly says that the inability to read the book IS the bug, so you SHOULD be able to read with an alt.

Also, devs stated... where? From the message I quoted, I see they state the exact opposite now.

11. PAmaster

Its stupid to talk to the forum ^^. Yes i know all what you are saying is total logical and yes i asked the support via support ticked with the same things you are writing here. And They told me its a bug and abusing this bug will end in several problems like crashing the game client for example.
    It was fixed in the last patch and the exploit or bug is away... just accept that it is fixed and will never be there for your use.

Write a support ticked and asked them if you dont believe me. I will ignore this thread now. Have a nice day.

Salvie Vesuva likes this.
  12. Salvie Vesuva

" 'Bookshelf Knowledge' was found to be a bug"
    ....where do you get the reading part from - is there some other official message mentioning this anywhere ?

13. Sevyrn

It's not an exploit. The bug is that it's not working anymore. Hopefully it's fixed with next patch.

14. Andaro

Ambassador

The CM has spoken.
    The function is being restored.
    Case closed.
    Happy days, happy readers.

15. Salvie Vesuva

16. GM Mercy

Game Master

Hello all!

I can see you have already found the thread explaining the issue. Come tomorrow it should work again :)

Andaro likes this.