1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation [Bug][Ranger] - Razor Wind skill getting interrupted

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by LightsOut, Jun 10, 2019.

1. LightsOut

This has been there for a long time and has been reported by many players over in the Ranger discord. As far as I know people in Korea also report the same issue with Ranger's Razor Wind skill.

The Problem:
    Razor Wind skill intermittently gets interrupted on its own and stuns your character for no reason.

I've recorded a 7 min grind as Ranger using the skill as much as I could to show off the bug

And here is a video of a Korean Ranger displaying the same bug

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulDarkWrenPartyTime

It is a really annoying bug and has gotten me killed at least a couple of times now in Sycraia.
    It is very critical as it hinders our ability to grind efficiently by a lot.

#1 LightsOut, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    MemeMontage, lnsidiousoul and Vieilan like this.
  2. Vieilan

I also suffer from this issue it really cuts into dps.
    Hope they fix this bug soon

LightsOut likes this.
  3. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

It's not only Razor Wind, it seems to affect a lot of ranger (other classes: no idea?) skills and isn't skill specific.
    As you can notice in the video, it always says "Please try again in a moment." at the top center of the screen when the skill fails.

I assume it is a bug in the lag compensation / cheat-prevention system, since it seems to be related to attack speed. When you try to get an ultra high attack speed, which is easy with a ranger, it interrupts you a lot. For example: 5 AS from sockets + Vell's Heart active + Awakening buff + Black Spirit Rage absorption + Witch/Wiz speed buff = like every second skill, no matter which one, gets interrupted/doesn't fire at all, with the "Please try again in a moment." message.

It sometimes even bugs up so hard, you have to interrupt your keyboard inputs to be able to do anything again. Example: you do a few quick attacks with your awakening (all with extreme attack speed), switch to bow with evasive explosion shot, try to will of the wind with holding down A + F, but only get "Please try again in a moment." And now you are stuck standing, doing nothing, getting only that message, until you release all buttons and press them again, at which point the skill fires in a normal way.

4. LightsOut

Well for other skills it might occur when you're stuck or in a falling animation but for Razor Wind it occurs for no apparent reason. It is really bad and has gotten me killed a few times in Sycraia already.

As for the reason it happens, I'd suggest that we don't speculate here and let the devs investigate it.

5. LightsOut

6. QueenSMR

QueenSMR QueenSMR Ranger 62 EU

i have that problem also, exactly.
    when it not work, i will be like STUN and cant move. if i dont die that moment and press next 'E', it will not STUN mobs anymore and [Damage reduced in cooldown.] so have to wait 10 seconds until it be ready again.
    it usually happens after Will of the Wind, or FLOW: Heavenly Knot.
    until they fix it, for avoid it u can press 'E' like 0.5 second after those two skills. thats what i do.

7. CM Jeste

Community Manager

Hi, thank you for the report, I will send this to the developers!

LightsOut likes this.
  8. LightsOut

Up. Any progress?

9. LightsOut

10. CM Jeste

Community Manager

Hi, sadly no, I have checked on just today and we don't have more info on our side, I'm sorry, I will see if we can bump it a little but I can't tell you or guarantee more on that :(

11. LightsOut

@GM Jeste As far as I know this has been submitted before by Korean streamers directly to PA, but they have been unable to reproduce it.

Its been a while since I opened this issue and have since done extensive testing on it and I think I know the direction they should be looking at. The issue happens with all kinds of hardware, but it seems to be either FPS or CPU related. I've tested this on a few different PC configurations as I have recently been upgrading my home PC.

On my old PC where I was using old DDR3 1600mhz RAM sticks (32 GB) and a 4th gen I7 4770k CPU, I was getting the bug literally every second skill usage (so approx once every 30 sec to a minute). My average FPS while grinding was 60-80.

On my new PC using the new Ryzen 9 3900x and 16gb 3600mhz DDR4 RAM, I rarely have the issue anymore. I get it once or twice per hour or roughly 1/50 skill usages. My average FPS with the new machine is 130-160 while griding.

I have asked friends with different FPS / PC configurations to test and it really seems like the issue scales linearly with worse hardware (or less fps). Those with better hardware and thus higher FPS, were consistently experience the issue less and those with worse hardware.

Maybe that is something you could add to the ticket at PA. Hope this helps.

12. LightsOut

This is still an issue in 2020. Been a bug for years now.

13. LegitDecentGamer

Hi, I've watched the video and this issue actually happens on other class skill as well.

Also I have experienced this exact issue very often when I played succession ranger, it happened on Prime: Ultimate blasting gust.

I assume that when your ping is high above certain level, the transmitted signal of some skills to server get interrupted and when this happens, your character stops and virtually freezes for a second or so. And when this problem happens, it always shows " Please try again in a moment"

By far I observed this interruption issue on Mystic, when cancelling wave orb or when used triple dash with fast attack speed, also on Sorc, ultimate shadow erupiton.

I don't know how much ping you have when playing black desert, but if your ping is higher than 120+ it is due to the server lag.
    If your ping is already low and this still happens, it is probably due to your ISP or some internet setting.

My ping is also not so stable, so my solution was to simply play other class that is not affected by this issue. I bet devs know more about this but some skills seem to get affected by this ping issue more than other skills.

But yeah it sucks when your main class gets affected by this issue often.. Because it affects grind speed a lot.

There is a guide that may improve the connection performance here: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...imate_bdo_performance_guide_july_2019_update/

Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see "TCP/IP Network Tweaks" maybe this would help.

#13 LegitDecentGamer, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  14. LightsOut

It's not ping. My ping to the server is between 10-15 ms. Also every single Ranger has this issue all the time. It's actually way better for me than what others are experiencing.

Btw I've done a **** load of testing on this and the only way I've been able to REDUCE it is by playing with a $1000 CPU and 200-300 FPS.

If you think its my ISP, go to the Ranger discord or to any Ranger stream and ask them. They will tell you they have the issue all the time, almost to the point where our strongest PvE skill is useless in dangerous areas like (sycraia) cus the bug causes you die very often.

#14 LightsOut, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  15. LegitDecentGamer

Then the issue seems to be very serious.. It is definitely something to do on game client side then. I hope it will be fixed not only for rangers and other classes as well

Indeed this bug is very bad in high-end spot such as sycraia, since ranger is squishy already.