1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Butler Event and Upcoming Free Market (Market Butler/Maid Next to Worthless)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Prochilles, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:44 AM.

Tags:
  1. Prochilles

upload_2018-12-5_21-39-50.png
    https://www.invenglobal.com/blackde...introduces-future-updates-and-reworks-for-bdo

So just a heads up before everyone starts choosing the Market butler over storage, don't forget about these changes. Though we aren't sure when to expect the free market, it will eventually come to the game making the market butler/maids, not obsolete, but less beneficial.

As stated in the spoiler above, there will be no bidding anymore, so if you utilize your maids for this function, it may be wiser to go with the storage butler. :)

warriors likes this.
  2. Caexx

heh thankfully i never once chose a market fairy :3 most useless thing ever when grinding for hours on end x3

stoage ftw

Silowyi likes this.
  3. T800

[​IMG]

In a game where Demand is 100x time bigger than supply, this will cause massive price spike. Which will cause players with the low income unable to afford Enchanting, causing them to abandon the game.

And once again, will will have another CEO come at the end of the next year, and say how terrible this decision was, and revert back to the old Market.

4. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Good for you x3 x3 x3 x3 my god.

5. Prochilles

The main reason was to bid on gear or mats as it hit the market, greatly increasing the chance you will obtain an item as you can bid on every one that hits the market. But, for most people, this was the main purpose of maids, which is obviously going to become a worthless aspect.

6. Prochilles

For the first month, maybe this will be true, due to the high amounts of silver currently flooded in the game for sm hunters. However, every player with the mind to see the opportunity can farm/grind goods to sell for high profits since they are not going to be restricted by a market cap and receive a third of the value of the item and a measly bonus from preorder.

The only negative impact is due to the fact that devs have allowed the market to go unchanged since beta and prices are relative to a time when making 5-10mil an hour was optimal. Therefore, prices will go from severely undervalue to there appropriate value, which is going to be drastic, but much needed.

Good or bad it is going to happen so be prudent.

RealXared and Bob2009 like this.
  7. T800

You can just look up news and see what is happening in France.
    This is what happens when you increase prices with out increasing income that people make.

8. Prochilles

? IRl? The difference though in this comparison is BDO currently has an economy where people are making at least 5x more and no change in price, which results in an empty market etc.

9. T800

5x more than what? You can't adjust the pricing based on past.
    You can only adjust pricing based on the present. And in the present player progression to Full PEN in EU&NA is much slower than in other regions under Pearl Abyss publishing.

If you increase prices now, it will only slow down the player progression even more.

Because the problem is not the prices on the market, but 50% less drop rates in EU&NA because of lack of Drop rate scrolls in the Cash Shop. And with Global version of the game, this Market is going to screw over Eu&NA big time.

10. Prochilles

"People are making 5x more" meaning silver/income from all activities not accounting for smh which is way beyond that.

And exactly you "adjust pricing based on the present", this is what they are finally doing. And progression is what players voted for during na/eu beta, but the thing is BDO is a game of infinite progression. Little to no one is supposed to have pen gear and as I stated in a post long ago due to smh giving so much silver that pen is next to nothing for these players, they will likely push gear from Pri-Pen to Pri-X (ten), which they added caphras instead, which basically did the same thing.

This game isn't supposed to be full progression nor instant end-game gear, it's an mmorpg that, while it's much easier to get tri-tet or even pen gear now, it still requires work and time to achieve.

Drop rates are screwed, but the past years events, which literally didn't allow a day to go by without ~2-3 events (which I also charted out in a post) rolling at a time , and it spammed players with an amount of Stones etc. equivalent to a decent size increase of any drop rate we'd get.

This new market system is going to make progression so much easier, yes prices will be higher, basically the equivalent of current preorders, but so will income, which ultimately means items will be cheaper and easier to get.

The only real negative thing is that the preorder system added a huge silver sink into the game which will now not really effect the economy.

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Looks like @2Cents didn't get the memo.

12. 2Cents

You are really making some great points here. I am pulling in over 100 Caphra per day. It sounds perfectly balanced that I get the equivalent of farming Fogan's for 145 hours a day.

13. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

That's a good thing. I might farm useful **** to sell it if I actually start getting paid competitively for my hourly efforts. Too poor to buy anything? Why don't you farm things and sell useful loot to other people? Did you know that by being useful to your community and making other people happy by doing things for them at a price, you can get rich in life (and in video games)? ^^

#13 Luxea, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:34 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 10:06 PM
    Diazine, Fearless V and Bob2009 like this.
  14. Bob2009

What are you smoking? Material prices have been stagnant and have not risen with inflation since game release, meaning they are undervalued significantly while grinding income has been rising by hunderds of % since game release. Only a year ago the max income was like 13mil from sausan, now its 150mil from SMH and 70m/hr from hysteria while life skilling income has been pretty much the same since last year; the prices of food, tools, etc or anything that requires materials are also the same hence your claim of slowing down player progression is completely wrong. In fact, it'll actually boost life skill income to competitive prices in line with grinding, therefore boosting player progression for 50% of the playerbase that are life skillers.

Example, 800 silver for rough stones. Ever wondered why such a highly valued and sought after material is so cheap? its been under valued and capped since forever. Ever wondered why pre-orders for epheria and frigates are 3 to 4 times the market price? whereas AP accessories accessories are only 2 times the value. Its because the mats, mainly logs are so cheap and undervalued, hence producing and selling epherias are not very profitable for the time spent. In fact, anything in demand such as boss items are also undervalued significantly.

#14 Bob2009, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:48 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 6:36 PM
    Luxea likes this.
  15. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

Yup. And people say supply is low, OF COURSE SUPPLY IS LOW IF THERE IS NO ECONOMIC INCENTIVE TO PRODUCE MORE OF THE SUPPLY. People need to understand that a market system focused on ensuring even the laziest of the lazy can have a chance is one that is dead, stagnant, and will not work in the long term. I've said it before, I'll say it again - this is the only MMORPG I've played in more than a decade of MMORPG gaming where you need to play and win the New York Lottery to buy an in-game hamburger (nodewar buff food) unless you wanna sink silver so that nobody can benefit from that extra silver you're sinking. Now imagine if the economy in real life was fixed like in BDO where hamburgers are locked at 0.05 USD/EURO, every hamburger chain decides to do something else for a living, and every time you get hungry for a burger, you must play and win the lottery.

Fearless V and Bob2009 like this.
  16. T800

So naive. If you can't see where it is going, than i won't spoil the surprise.

If you haven't realized by now, the Developer can not see far in to the future to predict the outcome of their changes. All they are good at is milking money via Cash Shop.

17. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Same..I never saw a purpose of that.

18. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

I live in a free market IRL. I'm not naive, rather, I'm speaking from experience. I'd say people against a free market are just paranoid or they play this game 1 hour a day and want full PEN like the people who play at least 40 hours a week in this game. In an RNG bidding system where everything costs pocket change levels of cash, they have a chance at high enhanced **** by pure chance, rather than effort. I, however, rather everyone puts in effort for their items and simply cannot afford what they want until they have put in sufficient effort compared to others.

#18 Luxea, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:26 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 10:05 PM
    Fearless V likes this.
  19. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

When you quote someone, you're expected to address what you quoted.

The point isn't balance, read back and try again.

#19 Smileybones, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:25 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2018 at 9:56 PM
    Diazine likes this.
  20. Jey

Jey Valkyrie EU

So can't you use the market place maid/buttler with the new market system?
    If you can use it, how does it differt from now?

I mean the Bid is gone but still you can buy item right?
    and when you buy items, do they come into your inventory?