1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came back for 2 weeks; can't stay.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Samashaus, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

What are you even talking about? You are on the wrong thread my dude! My point still stands!

2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

And you actually think someone with 300gs and someone with 600gs should be able to compete with each other? lul.

Kauni likes this.
  3. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

K bye.

Kauni and AZzalor like this.
  4. Fearless V

NEWSFLASH. In the two MMOs that I play. Not only do they actually compete with each other. But the 300 GS player can actually win 9 out of 10 of their fights against the 700GS pleb. Makes PvP battles much more fun than the farce in BDO. It's also why these two MMO PvP scenes are thriving compared to BDO.

5. AlnilamE

Life skills are bottlenecked by basic ingredients. It's always been like that. Alchemy is one of the worst skills for that.

And at the beginning of the game, alchemy itself actually spent energy.

Now, if you really want to work on life skills, particularly alchemy, then here's what you could do:

Make as many alts as you can for free.

Get a node for Silver Azalea and one for Sunrise Herb

Have one of your alts gather water that you can filter. Have another character gather wild grass from wild herbs. Alternatively, if you have enough CP, get fences and plant farm crops that will tangle and prune those for weeds (That's how I got most of my weeds).

When you run out of energy on all your characters, go around and get knowledge to increase your max energy, or use the materials you acquired to make your alchemy products.

If you are a casual player, then you are in no rush to go anywhere. If you are not going to PvP, you can literally spend your entire game time running around the map and taking pretty screenshots.

So, do what you enjoy, but if you don't have the patience for progression, then a different game (or a different genre of games) might be best suited for you.

6. Nextgengame

That's actually a terrible helping tip.
    Even if he would just put the workers to mine potato and sell the potato on the marketplace, he could buy twice as much of those thrash herbs, that he would earn from nodes in the same time.

Like seriously, those herb cost like 300 silver each. If you do a single quest giving a 1mill gold bar, you could buy 3k herb. That's enough for a starting player.

7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yes and this is very bad. It degrades the time investment veteran players have into the game and i'm 100% against that, at least if you look at owpvp and endgame siege/nws. Getting some gear bracket ranked pvp would be nice tho.

Souda likes this.
  8. Fearless V

Yes we already gathered by now, that people like yourself loath skill based combat in MMOs. Which is why titles like this is a haven for gamers of your like mind. It's also very niche, as most players prefer their skills to mostly do the killing for them. A 24/7 side by side look of BDO and ESO/GW2 PvP scenes will prove this fact. That's why titles like this gets away with charging insane amounts of IRL money for very little content and development.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Dude, the pvp in eso and gw2 is just sad and boring. It has 0 fun.
    Anyways, if i want "pure skill" pvp i would NEVER play an mmo as they NEVER offer it. I go play dota or overwatch.
    I like the pvp in bdo because it has a good balance of skill and gear. Your effort in gear is not negated in pvp but you still need good skill to fight well in pvp.

10. Kelt Rand

If making Clear Liquid Regent is too far of a challenge stay well clear of BDO!!!

Your perspective is like a runner who gives up running marathon because they only want to train 30 minutes a week...

AZzalor likes this.
  11. Fearless V

That's a contradiction, I do not compute. Please Try Again!

12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Let me just say this, Alchemy isn't a good life skill to start with lol

If you just starting out and wanna make some silver, go grind and fish while you sleep or afk. Progress with you gear and levels, join a guild and have fun in some T1 nodewars, explore the world with your mates, etc..

Do not judge this game by how had it is to make Blue Reagent, I played for 4+ years and I still don't have a need to make it lol. Alchemy in worthless, unless you are heavily invested into it, have lots of mats saved up and do like gathering for hours.

Choose an AFK life skill, the rest is easier to grind for silver and just buy off MP..

You just chose a wrong thing to do that is completely has no benefit for you at this moment.

13. The_Lord

that's bdo tho, bdo is a grind, and grind doesn't = bad, the grind in bdo is done really well and it is designed to be an almost endless progression game, it's a marathon not a sprint so your mentality of ''i want this right now and i want to get to end game stuff asap'' is the wrong aproach to this game. Also there isn't really any ''end game'' it's all about progression , if life skills is what you want to do , then as you said for gathering you gonna need to get a lot of knowledge to increase your max energy so you can gather more, get alot of contribution points so you can invest into nodes to get the materials you want for your life skills, then hire workers so they can gather those materials for you. Of course if you start fresh it seems like an endless mountain that never ends, but you have to build you node/worker empire first and slowly level your life skills then things start going alot faster and things get more fun , you make more and more money you start upgrading your life skill gear etc.

14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Yes initially nodes are slow but over time they build up. While waiting for this you can buy and also farm some and also level your gathering by gathering weeds while also getting other herbs to use at a later date.

15. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

If your brain can't even process something that simple, i won't even try to explain it to you.

16. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

The most important thing about a game, is that it gives you enjoyment and you have a good time while playing, since they butchered the only class i love in the game, i dont feel like playing or downloading the game again. All classes should be able to function and work in pvp and pve, not everyone wants or enjoys switching to another class. This is why i cant stomach playingi have 5 classes lvl 56+ and 3 60+ and to be honest if mystic isnt playable, then the game to me is unplayable.

17. Fearless V

I feels the same way about Ranger and Witch.

Odinthor021 likes this.
  18. Vortexii

BDO isn't the right game for you. It's like you're walking into a bar saying I hate Alcohol.

The worst part is BDO is better off WITHOUT YOU. This game has limited resources to compete over and the LESS players the BETTER. Good Job Pearl Abyss, way to really knock it out of the park on that whole MMO concept.

AZzalor and Fearless V like this.
  19. Recklss

Recklss BadOne Archer 61 NA

Op you should find another game. This game is never going to satisfy you. It’s rng to force you to spend type of game, the lowest Quality tier of mmos.

you will try to play but it won’t ever be satisfying to play bc this game only does things to make the devs money. You can save yourself hours and just play another game. These are the same aspects that make ppl continue playing and defending what this game is.

AZzalor and Fearless V like this.
  20. Purr

yeah poultry time consumning gains.. bartering (a lifeskill) one of the top money makers for those who really get into it... cooking and imperial delivery is big moneys each day... farming is hella decent and very easy to get into.... gathering hunting are both really good money makers... soo good in fact people are crying on the forums thats its better than grinding and that shouldnt be

there are TONS of players who enjoy lifeskills and alot of them are very willing to help teach new people lifeskill discord sailing discord prince maomao fishing discord and horse training discord to name a few outside the game that are great spots and the florin neighborhood meeting chat is the lifeskillers chat minus sailing as sailing has its own Dancing Marlin Tavern

i personaly HATE pvp in this game and think its utter trash and some of the worst garbage pvp ever invented pve gets boring to me as i always loved group content (used to be a heroic and mythic main raid tank in WoW) but i cant get enough of lifeskilling in BDO theres soo many marid facets of each lifeskill obscene amounts of min maxing that can be done and the spreadsheets people have created and shared... dear god the amount of spreadsheets graphs charts lists diagrams and more its insane and amazing most of which are shared and updated and reshared
    the entire thing reminds me of raiding but for lifeskilling :D

but everybody enjoys different things in games i have a few friends ive made who HATE lifeskills but love pvp and others who hate PVP and lifeskills but love to grind for hours while watching netflix.. heck i even have a friend who ONLY plays to flip items on the market place and amas tons of silver to never spend just becuase he enjoys the tactics
    but nobody is wrong everyone just has their own tastes
    it also doesnt help that the OP tried alchemy one of the most cancerous lifeskills to get started on that most lifeskillers barely do as its basicly more or less only for laurel achieving