1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone explain me how market works? seems like its not.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MENT, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MENT

For example, take Manos Processing Stone - Energy:

[​IMG]

Now that's the Market state:

[​IMG]

For nearly a month the price stuck on the same price without no change, why the price of demanded items doesn't rise up until the availability?

Roechacca likes this.
  2. t4mpel

Price increase when its was sold. 32 have been sold. You see people are willing to pay the current max price but not as many are willing to sell at this price cause you see yourself how you would lose money.

3. Lord_Xenon

Your math is off with magical shards. Those shards cost only ~40M or less with BMC prices of 800k and less. So there's your explanation why you fail to realize why the MP don't take into account the absurd new BMC price.

4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Prices will eventually go up, just have to wait.

5. MADE

Welcome in the communism, hope you are enjoying the state controlled market : )

Roechacca likes this.
  6. Blitzball

We need free market D:<

Fearless V and Roechacca like this.
  7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I know I do, keeps prices at a reasonable level so everyone can afford them rather than only the richest players in-game. :3

Lord_Xenon likes this.
  8. Schinrah

Prices are reasonable sure, too bad there is no product to be had. T'is why communism always works so well, fantasy prices for fantasy products. It's why you had to pre-order almost everything with the old market, cause nobody sold anything of value if they could avoid it since the preset-prices did not reflect the actual item value.

Slynx, Fearless V and MADE like this.
  9. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

...well that's because of capitalism, no one wants to part with their items because they think they should get more than they are worth, or think they should be able to set unfair prices.

VasilisD, Lord_Xenon and Ben Phoenix like this.
  10. Lord_Xenon

Even in capitalism don't exist total free markets. Else you would see more people starving etc.
    And 'worth' is just an opinion at some point. The nominal worth of an item is the silvervalue of the NPC. Everything above that is a mindvalue.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  11. MADE

Yeah sure, everyone can afford it in, but noone can BUY it, as noone is dumb enough to sell it : )))

Slynx likes this.
  12. Roechacca

We need more control over the market. Everyone has provided great examples why. This is my artist rendition of PA's market place to date.

[​IMG]

13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

...I already explained why that is, lol!

14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

No, you don't and no, they haven't.

15. MADE

Explained what? I didn't asked anything, but stated a fact, you can't explain anything here...

16. Roechacca

Over the years players have. Items go dead with zero value because of price fixing. The notion that people will make items even more expensive is ludicrous. Supply and demand will solve its self. The thought that this market stops gold sellers is laughable. The spam all day long in zone chat. Nothing any of the market defenders have brought to the table has helped the game improve. To the contrary, the small changes to the market now are vast improvement to the old system. If PA really wants to get 5 stars, they need to finish fixing it to reflect a real market and allow player trades to include almost all items non bound.

Fearless V and MADE like this.
  17. Schinrah

I mean, I wont start to argue wether or not unfiltered unregulated capitalism is good or not here, but communism has proven to be a failed concept over and over again. My country is still paying to fix what communism "accomplished" in east germany even 30 years after it imploded.

The old market with completely fixed and very low max prices was completely drained of anything of worth. Nobody wanted to sell items at ludicrous prices that didn't reflect the effort and worth behind them.

It's the same with manos right now, until prices go up people will only sell if they are in desperate need of cash and already made the respective item. The ones that are not desperate or have not yet crafted the item will rather sell the raw materials that are currently worth more than the end product.
    Which was another reason why the old market was even worse, plenty of items had a lower total worth than the sum of their parts had. For some items the new MP works pretty well and seems to adjust quickly to fluctuations in supply/demand. Somehow, for some items it doesn't seem to adjust et all, and if the reason really is "it only goes up if items are sold at max price" then that's an illogical oversight on PA's part.

"Demanding/Expecting" people to sell at a low "max price" just so that it goes up and others can then sell at a higher price closer to the real item worth?

Slynx and Roechacca like this.
  18. Roechacca

Thanks for sharing that. No one has better experience of a system then someone that's been through the rise and fall of one.

I also submit that the market is one of the chief reasons for a lack cooperation among players. No negotiations, no reasons to interact can all be attributed to the fixed price and no player trade options in this game. Other games you meet people and work together for better gear through trade. Not here. Zombie armies of AFK fishing guilds with little to no reason to interact really. Capitalism sparks empathy and philanthropy. It's a proven fact. Give a man a fish an you feed him (or Her) a day but teach them to fish and they'll eat almost every night. Education and skill building are "valuable" tradable commodities. These tradable wisdoms provide a reason for positive interaction in a common pursuit to satisfy needs. That's why in some mmos training other players was a skill and a way to give xp. There is so much that can be done with this game to improve player interactions with one another if the devs just keep reading and take heart.

MADE likes this.
  19. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I didn't say you asked anything, I had already explained what you said before your response. It helps to read.

20. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Items go dead because they have no use any longer if Pearl Abyss wants this to change, they need to repurpose these items.

It's naive to think that the richest players won't exert control over the market. Supply and demand will not solve itself when players control the value, they will continually drive prices higher and higher out of the reach of many players.

I'd like to hear your thoughts how gold sellers are using the market to make money. The only way I know currently is to sell guild funds and that has nothing to do with the market. Just because they spam all day doesn't mean they are legit, most of them are frauds.

Player trading would lead to direct gold selling, you can't honestly be that blind to why they don't allow it. Also, no real market is without some form of control, there is no such thing as a real "free" market.

VasilisD and Lord_Xenon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.