1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can we get a petition going or something to get skill reset added to value pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MMoNoob, Dec 4, 2019.

1. MMoNoob

please

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  2. Rinnagans

Since skills reset can be acquired through loyalty shop, I don’t think making a petition will change PA minds. “Time is money”, and they intend on capitalize on it by exploiting players patience and in need of instant gratification. Everything in the shop is design to reduce the time spent in attaining goal whatever that maybe

3. Blitzball

Petitions are forbidden on this forum. Many already tried :D

Columba likes this.
  4. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

I honestly think that skill reset should be free like it is in every game. The idea of earning money by every single detail of the game is just disgusting.

5. AlnilamE

Reset is not free in every game. It depends on whether the game wants you to be able to change builds on the fly (like Secret World Legends and Diablo III) or not. ESO charges in in-game currency, but you can't just reset your skills anywhere you are. You have to go to a shrine.

In this case, I am divided. If the idea is that you pick Succession OR Awakening for your character, then changing should be expensive, either in in-game currency or in real money. If you are supposed to be able to change every 5 minutes, it should be free.

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

most games even if they sell skill resets give you at least the option to have 2 presets available without wasting ingame or cs items.

we r not even asking for that eventho we should.... we r just asking them to put skill reset into value packs that we are already buying.

MMoNoob and Mimimimi like this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, problem being, only cash shop allows you for it to be "free" (of ingame resources) and numerous.

8. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

My point is that whenever u pay 20€ monthly for the minimums of this game ( Value pack) , at least something as basic as reset ur skills should be free. It’s ok if they want you to pay to change between succession and awakening because they may wanna define different roles, but then set free the skill points management for the line you get for your class. Is not normal that someone who starts the game and know nothing about the right SP investment , to pay or wait 10 days to be able to change the points u’ve invested wrong. Just my opinion.

kind regards.

9. AlnilamE

That's fair. I've only ever reset my skills once (been playing since before you could change sub-56 for free). I usually just go and earn more points, since they are infinite.

They should probably let you switch back and forth for free for the first 30 days after you do your Succession quest so you can really pick what you want, but then you should have to choose. Otherwise just let us use them both at once anyway.

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

That is if you want to change the morph of any skill, you can freely change any purchased skill in and out as long as you are out of combat. Also if you want to change morphs, skills or champion points you are able to do so with ingame currency. Yes you can buy reset scrolls from the eso store but why would you?
    Ps when zos change the tooltip of any skill they return freely your skill point to you, when they changed the way the champion points work they returned the cp freely to you. When they changed the racial passives recently they freely gave three race and name change coupons. You cannot say the same for bdo.

#10 Phoenixxx75, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  11. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

If one had 4000 skill points, would it be possible to just unlock every skill in all 3 kits so you wouldn't need to reset skills to free up points to feed back into your other kits, if you wished to swap or permanently return to them?

Or is the switching itself some sort of action only able to be performed under activation of armstrong guide? I don't understand how that item otherwise ties in as a "necessity".

The real shame is when the idea of succession combat was first introduced, the description made it sound like a "choice" between kits (with lore related quests) but that you could swap...which implied doing it whenever one chose i.e regularly as might suit the situation or mood for the day. Instead it seems absolute. This game rewards dedicated players with many free things or easy paths to acquire them, yet the notion and relevance of skill point grinding for "betterment" of one's character and combat capabilities seems to diminish quite severely at some point or another even for experimental players. If my latter interpretation re. skill reset is the correct one, I think it's a shame that conceptually, succession couldn't have been something to work for and earn for good.

12. AlnilamE

In that sense, you can do the same in BDO, you can use any skill you unlocked by either hitting the right key combo or by putting them in your quick slot.

I actually omitted the fact you can buy respec scrolls from the store, as I don't think they are relevant. People use in-game currency 99% of the time.

13. Columba

Sheesh. Stop whining. If you are too poor to buy skill resets, perhaps you shouldn’t be playing and out earning money.

Rinnagans likes this.
  14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I think you are purposely misunderstanding my post.

15. T800

Resetting skills will become tedious, as you will need to rebound your hot keys, and an pick skills from the menu again and again and again.

16. Vanadiel

Is anybody surprised they yet again found another method to generate revenue while at the same time deliberately inconveniencing their customers?

MMoNoob likes this.
  17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

You can only change between succession and awakening with a skill reset.

ViktoryiaV likes this.