1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we have a way to remove names on PEN items again?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Assilma, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

It's not the end of the world, but it's pretty irritating when you have multiple nameless items and then a few with some random person's name. PEN items take a very long time to get, and consequently have personal significance for people, and so they should not bear the name of some random person, in my opinion.

If we could at least have a way to remove the names (optionally), would be much appreciated.

Avenon, Éternel, MinMaid and 2 others like this.
  2. Taela

Well, speaking as a person who made a PEN, I am glad my name's on it. It's an accomplishment. Why should that recognition be taken away?

Meowth, valasceria and Mana_Mafia like this.
  3. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Because other people's sense of achievement shouldn't be contingent upon your own.

4. Taela

Is it really your achievement if you buy it, rather than make it?

Meowth, Sevyrn and Mana_Mafia like this.
  5. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

I made multiple PENs before the system, and so they have no name at all. It's a patchwork of nameless + random names. Very silly and unjustifiable.

Additionally, yes, earning the money to buy a PEN is an achievement.

Avenon and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  6. Taela

I guess we don't agree on that, because anyone can buy a piece of PEN gear eventually, but not all of those people have the guts to make one. There are also those that try multiple times and fail, and eventually through determination manage to PEN. I think they deserve to be noticed.

7. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

No, not everyone can buy PEN eventually. And yes there are those that have tried and failed, like me, more times than you can probably imagine. None of those items have any names because they were made before the system was even added. Therefore we end up with this incoherent and highly frustrating end result. If your logic applies, what about all my PEN items? They should have my name and yet they don't. It's just inconsistent.

8. Taela

Obviously because the addition of names was not a factor then. It would be nice if the dev's could go back and give recognition to those people, but I doubt that's going to happen.

9. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

That's right, and that's why they should give us the option to opt-out of this incoherent and frustrating system completely.

10. Taela

So, an option to turn the name off so that you don't see it? Or, an option to erase the name period?

11. CozyMan

All pen's should have their creators name on them. **** off with this childish crap of "this isn't fair, what about my old pens."

ImSmash likes this.
  12. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Don't you think it's ironic that you tell me i'm being childish, by hurling insults and obscenities?

#12 Assilma, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    MinMaid, Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. ImSmash

I thought it was funny lol

14. WinterMilla

Let me get this straight, people are made because some people don't want a rando name attached to their gear. Seems unfair really.
    I know its a rather small gripe, but I personally don't want "Weebtasitic42069" on my weapon. Make it like all the rest of the gear and be nameless. If you want to write your name on everything like a 5 year old, then they should add a system were you can engrave your name and one were you can remove said engraving.

Factorial and Assilma like this.
  15. Mr. Nope

Cant wait to see half of the playerbase having a weapon named Chunchunmaru

16. Factorial

Because I paid you for it and it's no longer your property. As such I can do whatever I feel like with said item.

If you don't want that, don't sell it. Just horde it instead and enjoy your name on it collecting dust.

Avenon, Assilma, MinMaid and 2 others like this.
  17. Taela

I prefer to use it.

18. WinterMilla

not if you sell it.

Avenon and Assilma like this.
  19. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

Delete name upon registering on market, don’t mind either way but at least give an option to remove it.

Assilma likes this.
  20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Yeah let's just casually ignore a thousands years old tradition of having the author's name on a masterpiece.

If people are triggered so hard by other people's names, they're free to make their own PENs.

Sevyrn, Taela and valasceria like this.