1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we have another publisher please? :)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jazz2k, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravare

I don't think you understand the business relationship between those companies.

Blizzard is an arm of Activision. Activision is the publisher and they are using Blizzard to be the Publishing arm for the PC version.

When I originally posted it was because someone said give BDO to a publisher like Blizzard as if that would make a difference. And I replied in the same with the Destiny 2 scenario.

Doesn't matter if BDO was in Blizzards hands because the KR company is still the shot caller.

2. woots

the question now would more likely be : When do that contract expire xd

3. Lirabella

You dont know how good you have it with this Publisher.
    I can assure you, that if Black Desert gets
    You want another Publisher ? Okay thats ur opinion, but the way ur opinion is based around, is not good.
    The GM's are doing alot of stuff to help you guys. The thing is, you just dont see it.

Compared to other Publisher in EU/NA im pretty happy that Kakao exists and handel their game so well.
    Yes, Kakao has its flaws, but it has many Pros to compensate that!

The only thing you see ingame, is ur daily duty and maybe they dont answer every question on the Forum, but they are doing so much stuff in the Background you dont even see. Its easy to say they are this and that, but if you would work in the position of a GM or CM a single day, you would realy see, how much there is going on, and how hard they work.

But thats ur opinion, i said what i wanted to say, and i realy think you should consider that what they do, is not easy, and they are just humans like you and me, so they make mistakes!

If you go to work, and make mistakes ( depending on what you work ). You will get a bit blame and that might be it. Because u make mistakes. Kakao is in the very same position, and the GM / CM's are in the position of the work, the only diffrence is, that instead of getting the blame from a higher up or just the boss. You will get the blame from like 5.000+ people, and they know that they did something wrong, they are not blind. But some mistakes are unexcept and cant be reverted.

So please, rethink about it, and give them a chance. Kakao and all the GMs, CMs, database admins, localization team, PR. are trying their best. I am 100% sure!

Layliara likes this.
  4. Asakku

In that case I think you dont understand what a publisher really is... In no way blizzard is publishing D2, Activision is publishing D2 using blizzard launcher, Blizzard has nothing to do with that game, they are just making the game works on their launcher and they are not involved in any other ways.

Changing publisher from Kakao to blizzard means that Kakao wont be involved anymore, so yeah it would change something but it will just never happens. PA should just be their own publisher.

#44 Asakku, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  5. Karnstein

Give BDO To Square Enix

6. Ravare

It wont change anything because PA has an agreement that they are the ones who make the patches, make the changes to the game, and make the responses to the questions and suggestions the playerbase has.

It is the contract that PA has with their publisher. It is the way PA wants to handle their game and the control of information for their game.

The CMs/GM told us on the old forums last year that this is in fact the relationship PA drafted up. Kakao/Daum can do nothing officially without the green light from PA.

Just because Blizzard is a good company will not change that. Unless PA agrees to go with a different Publisher and also give that Publisher the wiggle room to speak on their behalf and make regional changes to the game as they see fit for their region.

7. Asakku

Signing a contract with another publisher does not necessaryly means they will sign for the same agreements and publisher usually have something to say on games they are publishing since they are the ones holding the funds to develop the game.

Anyway, PA may be publishing their own game in the futur since they are becoming one of the biggest and most sucessfull KR studio.

8. Ravare

So basically you are speculating they would make a different agreement with no fact supporting it. While we have the facts on how they currently negotiate with their publishers.

Got it.

9. cred15

What a tool can't you just make a single quote instead of 6... First off, you are only partially correct as not every single contract works like that. Lets use Aeria Games which i was a GM for. They had contracts that prevented them from doing anything other then a suggestion. In the end the developers pushed whatever patch they wanted.

They only thing we had control over was the Item Mall as it was our domain and rights through those contracts.

This was why Twelve Sky died in a week. We found a hack that allowed people to control other accounts and the developers refused to fix it. Then it happened with Twelve Sky 2, and Lost Chaos.

Each developer and publisher set up a contract of terms for every game. Each game can be completely different. PA controls everything. You can keep name calling to try and form an arguement, but maybe a better aproach would be to actually provide some facts to support your side.

However, like i stated the contracts are case by case and if you know of Aeria Games then you know very well what i mean.

10. Asakku

You really think PA has the upperhand over their publisher ? So tell me why do you think they first need a publisher? They both have their constraints and it does not necessaryly means Blizzard has the same... Anyway this discussion leads nowhere, we both know it would never happens.

#50 Asakku, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  11. VioG

Compared to the other publishers like BlueHole and NCSOFT that are considered the big dogs around NA and EU.....

I think we have it easy.

Tokigare likes this.
  12. VioG

Aeria games, that gives me so many bad memories.

SpeedMetal likes this.
  13. Columba

Can we have a new playerbase, please?

VioG likes this.
  14. Exception

It's not shocking that an MMO failed where the execs hired people who lack basic reading comprehension skills.

Go back and reread what I posted in context to whom I was resounding.

If you can't figure it out I'll give you the 'for dummies' version.

15. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

There seriously needs to be a petition to be sent to Pearl Abyss directly to make them consider stopping the renewal with Kakao.
    Pearl Abyss and the community gamers of BDO REALLY NEED them to cancel Kakao and remove them. The forums are basically corrupt and the GMs.....oh boy. Not the best, but not the worst. Surely biased and are acting like SJWs taking down posts that seem to expose their fraudulent behavior.

16. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Well Pearl Abyss is awful too so good luck with that.

17. Jazz2k

meanwhile KakaoGames are doing their job well by banning all the bots, thread can be closed :D

Hakazumi, Andaro and Whito like this.
  18. Junyoung

Junyoung Hwall Ranger 61

Oh, I forgot to link you guys Pearl Abyss's contact information.

Phone Number: +82 31-476-8583
    Please keep in mind this isn't for random rage complaints or useless nagging. This is the company's phone line. I'm also not sure if any of the employees are hired for foreign users.

Address: 경기도 안양시 동안구 시민대로327번길 24
    Unless you come to Korea, you won't be able to visit them. Obviously.

Email: Contact@pearlabyss.com
    Please keep in mind this isn't for random rage complaints or useless nagging. This is the company's contact email. I'm also not sure if any of the employees are hired for foreign users.

Please be mature when contacting Pearl Abyss. If you want them to consider your thoughts, you must prove to them that they're worth considering. Properly formatted and well thought out responses, stating your stance on Kakao as a Publisher, will catch their attention. Just make it worth their time.

Hakazumi and Éternel like this.
  19. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Yea, like reworking Mercy from balance state into a broken mess then refuse to revert due to their pride. Blizzard balance lel

20. Minto

Probably bdo would be worst than ever in the hands of another publisher, there re so many publishers worst than kakao.

Many players expect for a better publisher but for sure i think that would be never happen, i dt say kakao staff is good or not, they just do them job to make cash, dont expect too much from a p2w/p2f/p2c game even with a new publisher.

#60 Minto, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Andaro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.