1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we have another publisher please? :)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jazz2k, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

They choose Leaseweb. The worst server providers in NA to run this game.
    It's not even a good one for low budget standards. It's pathetic and honestly a joke.
    They've also done a TON of shady things in the past. There's pretty much no communication being done to Pearl Abyss evidently,
    Now we're having mobile games and other games being released but our servers are still a joke....and they intend to put this on consoles.

Yeah. Worse. I'd take EA over Kakao.
    At least they're notoriously rich and can provide better servers.

KotoRena likes this.
  2. Code

I see some people in thread think we have less pay2win than the KR version. Truth is there's nothing more p2w than Artisan Memories which we already have. Valk's Cry and melting costumes for cron stones brings way less of an advantage in comparison. Also the thing is these will come in our version eventually. Kakao didn't save us from Artisan Memories buff, they won't save you from valk's cry and other cash shop advantages either.

When a publisher cannot maintain, patch and fix their game properly, takes ton of time for downtime and then still needs 3 emergency maintenances more, then I call that publisher below average. There's no excuse for all this novice technical problems. Not only that but they have close to 0 knowledge about their own game.

To take an example, Webzen is mega p2w, but hey, their game works fine, no major bugs or servers issues that break their game to the point it lags for weeks. I'd take Webzen as a publisher for BDO any day.

Best case scenario is have Pearl Abyss self-publish without any of the Daum EU. At this point it doesn't matter anymore how more p2w the game gets. Only thing that matters is Content and be up-to-date with the KR client. Judging by the Taiwan version, we would have content delivired at very fast rate compared to the snail pace Kakao manages to deliver to us.

3. Yule

thats because blizzard develops their own games mostly.. theres no room for error between the content they develop and the content they publish because its all handled by the same people lol. with kakao you have to communicate with pearl abyss to get actual changes done.

4. ManlyBeard

Can’t be worse honestly, like how they’re trying to cover up the whole ctg thing now lmao

(someone quote this quick caus it’ll get deleted probably)

5. wss5112

Well players in BDO community are getting more like " I don't spend money, therefore you should NOT spend money" and "because I don't spend money and I don't want everyone else to spend to get ahead of me, therefore Kakao as publisher should NOT allow others to spend to get ahead of me".

Please. It's enough.
    Save your toxicity in somewhere else.
    We've enough here about that p2w arguments since the introduction of value pack and costumes into the MP way way way back in 2016.

Andaro and Kanimae like this.
  6. Jazz2k

Due to the large number of complaints, it's time to bring up this post again XO

Styla likes this.
  7. Styla

Tired of server issues? Here are some steps you can take . . .

1. Submit a trouble ticket to Kakao asking for refunds on any recent Pearl purchases. At the very least, the influx of tickets requesting refunds will start to affect their bottom line.

2. Contact LeaseWeb and B**** them out.

3. Steam users, write a review on the Black Desert Online page NOT recommending the game due to server issues. Persuading future players (Profit for Kakao) not to purchase the game until stable servers are provided/ LeaseWeb is ditched.

4. Get as much exposure to the server issues whether it be forums, youtube videos, etc. Kakao wants content creators? Let's give it to them.

8. Yoshimaru

Yoshimaru Maehwa 63

I nominate:
    1. Nexon
    2. Perfect World Entertainment
    3. Aeria Games
    4. Innova Games
    5. Gameforge
    6. Valofe
    7. Cryptic Studios
    8. Trionworlds
    See if they can keep up the game.
    [​IMG]

P.S For the record, unless the publisher and the developer is one same company, they have no actual power over what's happening.

And even if you get "good" publisher, doesn't mean they will treat the game equally. NCsoft has L2, GW2, Wildstar, Blade & Soul and Aion. All have different game model and different issues.

9. Styla

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-20-core-pc-games/

i think blizzard is good

10. DanksRippin

11. mojodoktor

Just think about the Fact how and why Games like Elder scrolls Online and Guildwars 2 can Surive and be popular at the same time with a REAL Buy 2 Play model. Sure they have Cashshops aswell but they never have **** that forces you to Buy to Compete. Everyshit in that Cashshops u can get without Pay Money like Inventory, Bankslots etc. But hey Cashcow had the Idea to sell Inventoryslot and Weight and another Basic Stuff that every ****ing Game have that Stuff for Ingame Money aviable...

12. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

This thread is ancient, but I agree regardless ^_^ Kakao needs to be thrown where it belongs: IN the garbage~

They don't bother to make any attempts to reach out to the community or foster a sense of amicability or trust. they hire clowns (GMs, CMs, whatever Ms) to not do their jobs properly, they do as they please without even consulting or consulting the players and their feedback, and not to mention they screw us over quite a bit (Bladeboques for example). They can't even fix ongoing server issues that have been as old as a year ago. Are they even bothering to communicate to PA for us like they are supposed to? Of course not. Because they don't care. They barely even communicate with us. Let's face it all they care about is $$$.

We can go on and on about their incompetence (: Get out of here Trashkao.

Sadalsuud and Life2v like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.