1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot barter even on entry level

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by Bzyku, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Bzyku

Hi,

I cannot barter with barterer on entry level. I have required goods in my boat inventory. There is exchange availability listed and remaining number is 1. My boat is close to barterer. But when I interact with him I get "not enough knowledge". This in on Randis Island white grade barter. What should I do to gain this knowledge - there is no info in path notes about any requiement - it's stated as everyone can barter.

I'm so confused...

Please help.

2. Aiwen

This could be the problem "At first, bartering will be offered to you from only a small number of islands, but as you do more bartering, you will get offerings from more Papus and Otters, from many more islands". Also this i guess, just checked a video from test server in which flax thread was traded / bartered.
    Level 1 Trade

Land materials -> Level 1 trade goods

#2 Aiwen, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  3. Bzyku

But this bartering is offered (althrough I really can only see few of them - to be precise only one with "white goods"). Where is the starting point then? And as I sail from one papu/otter to another there is everywhere no reaction/not enough knowledge. I tried this with two different goods (beer pines) and nothing works. It sucks that they put content without proper documentation or some guiding quest line.

By the way - I'm still stuck.

4. Alaric I

Bartering can only be done via a "large ship" Bartali / Epheria etc. It is done via the ship's UI. I had exactly the same problem.

The introductory quest can be done in any ship - which DOES NOT HELP.

5. Mana_Mafia

I was confused at first too but you need to barter from your ship, don't get off and go talk to the otter/papu directly. You need to park your ship close to them and then hit the "anchor" button which will bring up a new sub menu you can barter from. The materials must be stored within your ship's cargo hold.

6. RoxiAmbrosia

Does the Epheria Sailboat count?

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Epheria sailboat counts as a large ship, thus able to do bartering.