1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Cannot enter residence

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Unity, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Pointis

Pointis Wizard 61 EU

Just happened to me again, logging to another char in another town fixes it, but it is very annoying.

2. GravemyndATX

This happens to me every know and then, haven't figured out what triggers it but i'm leaning toward something to do with loading and unloading personal stuff in our residences. It's happened in several places to me, like in Velia, Heidal, Glish, and even Lema Island (that one house). I've been locked outside the house after just walking outside, and also have been loaded inside after a disconnect with my interior never loading and i'm locked inside. I haven't found a 100% fix for it either, usually switching characters and back works, but sometimes shutting down the entire program is the only way to fix it, and I've even had that not work a couple times (maybe I did it too fast?).

Something I did notice, it seems to happen more often when I am logged into a character, and choose the "Change" option to switch from one character to another. I have yet to encounter this bug when logging in from the character selection screen when not logged in a character, but that could just be luck so far.
    Hope this helps any. :)

#42 GravemyndATX, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. DiaborMagics

DiaborMagics DiaborMagics Ranger 60 EU

Hello,

I never had this happen to me before but I moved to a new residence, now I live in Grána house 4 and I cannot enter either. The first time I wanted to enter I could not and I had to close the whole game and restart to be able to enter. Now it's the second time I try to enter, a day later and I am again standing in front of a locked door and my character seems to not have the key :(
    Going to character select and back in does not help. This is really frustrating. I hope a solution will be found.

Rosedunn likes this.
  4. Ja_mi

5. Wild Marshmallow

This bug has been happening and been reported by multiple players for how many years now? Lol, u bet if this was breaking their pearl store directly, FIXED IN 24 HOURS. $$$ greedy developers... Enough said. Don't be a braindead millennial, don't continue to ruin the gaming industry by buying everything left and right.

Rosedunn and Findubar like this.
  6. Gabberg

Clearing game cache through settings doesn't seem to do anything. I solved mine by deleting cache folder in main installation directory. Good news, that I haven't lost any game settings, didn't need to load any custom saves. Just to be clear, I haven't deleted C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Black Desert doing so resets all user settings and in my experience not necessary at all (deleting cache from main folder does the trick). I don't know if this specific for me, or general but u should give it a try. Hope this helps

7. SmexyPandarian

this is happening to me still and I have no idea whats up

Rosedunn likes this.
  8. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

relog to server select, no need to restart game. And yes this bug still in game.

Rosedunn and zhagsten like this.
  9. zhagsten

Thank you, this happened to me with Heidel 8-1. Going to char select didn't help, but going to server select solved it.

10. RavenMind

Happened to me as well in Heidel today. None of the house's doorways were working, owned or unowned. Logged to server select as mentioned above, and I was able to get back in.

11. Pointis

Pointis Wizard 61 EU

Fix when?

Rosedunn likes this.
  12. Hexcodings

Just happened to me. Tried to go get a buff and couldn't enter my own home. Any other building I could go into just fine though. But as someone else said restarting the client allowed me to go in.

Patriarchs likes this.
  13. Tanjitsu

I just got back from Farming and can no longer enter one of my houses, the other did let me enter.

14. Euridici

Happened to me a thousand times and its still happening... The game seems pretty neat in terms of development yet this bug has been around for years. Having to restart the game 5-10 times a day definitely ruins the experience for me. Please fix.

Rosedunn and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  15. CoffeeKitty

this is happening to me at every residence after the patch, no idea how to fix it, i tried clearing both caches

Patriarchs likes this.
  16. Elzariel

Logged into game, ran to velia from the farm I have next to town, can't enter house.
    This bug happens to me at least once a week and when it decides to happen, there's a high possibility it will do it several times in a row.

FIX WHEN??? >_> Or even a way to FIX it.
    I'v tried everything.
    change server - doesn't work
    change character - doesn't work
    log out to character screen - doesn't work
    move out of town and back - doesn't work
    re-boot the whole game - works sometimes but not always, I'v literally had more than one instance of me rebooting the game and not fixing the issue, this isn't some minor bug anymore

The only way I'v found that fixes it, is to give it a good 20 minutes and run to heidel from velia in that time to take your cooking by-products to NPCs. But this isn't a fix its just "time fixes it, maybe"
    This has been going on FROM 2017.
    FIX. WHEN.

17. Porgi

Still have this issue as well. Always just "dealt" with it by ignoring and doing other things eventually the glitch would stop but its just extremely annoying honestly.

Rosedunn likes this.
  18. Lazila

THREE* years later and all we get is "clear your cashe".. talk about incompetence...money sucking ***'s

Rosedunn likes this.
  19. Patriarchs

Fix plz!!

Freshly installed game and new computer bought a few days ago. I have to exit the game when this happens... quit a total of 20 times today so fare....

Relogging is not enough I can even get traped in my house....

Rosedunn and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  20. Keylea

bug is still there.. i have several houses.. this is taken from "grana 4"
    Cant enter. Relogg to a character inside the house (empty and cant leave)
    did a relaunch of game.. that worked this time. (have had this problem alot. isnt always a relaunch of game work.. have to wait a few hours before i can enter house then.)

it does not matter what i am doing beforhand. processing, grinding, just logged on. if i have farms or not..
    plz fix it asap. it have waisted hours of gamplay time

edit : yes, did a clear cashe before i relaunched.. did not work

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      768.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      877.1 KB