1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Cannot enter residence

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Unity, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Rosedunn

Rosedunn Kunoichi 61 NA

2. Malpo69

Malpo69 Witch 62 EU

Everytime after I get villa buff from camp site in Heidel I can't enter in my residence, this happens since months.

3. AlexSa.

I'm also repeatedly suffering from this issue on a Shai that's mainly used for farming, fishing and cooking.

Whilst the issue can be fixed by restarting the game client and clearing the cache it severely detracts from the overall experience. At this point I'm finding it frustrating enough that I'm just going to find something else to play.

4. Mordekei

Heidel 1-1 is for me the one i can´t enter anymore.

5. GM Dew

Game Master

Unfortunately, we have not been able to find the cause for this issue yet, and are looking for more specific reproduction steps.

For those of you that this happens frequently to, could you please provide with the following information?
    • Which house this happens to
    • What class you are on
    • What you were doing before this (from the last time you restarted the game)
    • How long you had been online in the game since the last time you restarted
    • Any reliable reproduction steps
    • Anything else you feel might be important
    Best regards,
    GM Dew

Rosedunn likes this.
  6. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Data base error ? Request to get information about residence return null, to reduce amount of requests game probably create temporary token with that information and until its expired player trying to get in "Null" residence

Rosedunn likes this.
  7. Korvgubben

Which house this happens to: Heidel 1-1.
    What class you are on: Wizard.
    What you were doing before this (from the last time you restarted the game): Several different activites / nothing of statistical relevance.
    How long you had been online in the game since the last time you restarted: I rarely log out and in all instances the issue has occured after a minimum of 8h online time. Often much longer than that.
    Any reliable reproduction steps: None except leaving the game running and do afk ativities in Heidel.
    Anything else you feel might be important: Happens to rarely for me to notice any similarities between the cases. Seems like a complete system reboot is sometimes needed to get access to your residence again.

8. SpiralEnergy

SpiralEnergy MrsDarkBever Witch 62

Which house this happens to: Heidel 7-5, 9-4, Grana 1.
    What class you are on: Witch, lahn.
    What you were doing before this (from the last time you restarted the game): Running storage, (for doing alchemy or cooking) also when NW/siege was about to start.. house buff items.. coudn't enter..
    How long you had been online in the game since the last time you restarted: I rarely log out, if the game is on maint my pc goes sometimes out (not always hehe)
    Any reliable reproduction steps: None except leaving the game running and do afk ativities.
    Anything else you feel might be important: Happens to rarely for me to notice any similarities between the cases. Seems like a complete system reboot is sometimes needed to get access to your residence again. (Korvgubben i have exactly the same)

9. Malpo69

Malpo69 Witch 62 EU

• Which house this happens to: Heidel 9-4
    • What class you are on: Witch
    • What you were doing before this (from the last time you restarted the game): This happens every fkn time I get the villa buff before a nodewar.
    • How long you had been online in the game since the last time you restarted: I come back at 5 pm, I take the villa buff 7.30 pm so 2.30 hours online.
    • Any reliable reproduction steps: Villa buff, villa buff, villa buff
    • Anything else you feel might be important: yes, villa buff

10. Mordekei

• Which house this happens to
    Heidel 1-1
    • What class you are on
    Shai, Tamer, another Shai, another Shai, another Shai, another Shai, another Shai, another Shai, another Shai and another Shai
    • What you were doing before this (from the last time you restarted the game)
    Sometimes i start the game and move to my house that is literally 10 meters away from where the character logged out.
    So i guess it´s my fault that i try to move in this game or so. (i guess it has nothing to do with anything special we all are doing)
    • How long you had been online in the game since the last time you restarted
    Anything from 1m up to >24h
    • Any reliable reproduction steps
    No, not at all but it keeps happening
    • Anything else you feel might be important
    The relogg feature is kind of stupid to have in the game if it isn´t for relogging while haveing a disconnect (i know it´s just for when the gameserver doesn´t respond but it doesn´t say that on my screen and i need to look it up first to know that you might should change that because it pisses me off, it pisses a lot of my guildmembers off and it pisses a lot of other people that try to play the game off) and it´s even more stupid that you need to close the game via taskmanager because the game close game option doesn´t work while "relogging feature" is activ.
    Oh and the fishing event was nice for making money but are you sure we are not running bitcoin miners in the background while "playing"?
    I think about that a lot.
    And i still hate that the UI bug isn´t fixed because it´s stupid that my UI keeps changing when i log between characters or sometimes random while playing and it´s a shame that one of your Gameteam calls a workaround (that doesn´t fix the problem) a fix for that problem.
    But i guess every info i gave to you isn´t helpful because it´s so random like this fking bug and a lot of other bugs.

11. GM Dew

Game Master

Thank you for the information so far. If possible, could you also let me know the exact date & time when you experienced the issue so I can look this up further into your account logs?

Does this happen only when you log into one of your Shai characters under lvl 10?

So if I am correct, this happened shortly before your post, on Monday August 26th? Looking into your account logs, I cannot see any Villa buff being activated on August 25-26th, as you were fishing most of the time.

Best regards,
    GM Dew

#71 GM Dew, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  12. Mordekei

Date and time i could only give once it happens again and nope, it happens even with the lvl 59, 49 and 48 ones i have.

13. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Hiedel 1-2, i leave residence to talk with Alustin at Alejandro farm (i walk through "player farm" area), then i drop energy potions on MP and cannot enter residence, chance for this to happen like 80%.

14. Akaru

I have had this happen to me several times where I was just in my residence and then all of a sudden after leaving I cannot re-enter.
    I had a theory and what I found was if I ran outside the 'render zone' of the residence then run back I can once again interact with the door.

I had this happen to me in Calpheon City 1-3 workshop district, ran all the way passed the nearby stables, and ran back; problem fixed.
    Of course I only tested that theory this once, but try this and see if it works. What may be happening is the game isn't properly rendering interactables when you enter an area, so when you leave and come back the rendering refreshes.

Of course, I'm no game dev; just a shot in the dark about that.

15. Clithridiate

This has been happening to me so much it makes me cry, especially when all I want to do is alchemy/cooking.

1. Which house this happens to? Balenos 3-1 & 3-2 Loggia Farm (Residence)
    2. What class you are on? Level 61 Shai
    3. What you were doing before this? Nothing I logged in accepted Old Moon Guild Quest - Alchemy II ran to residence to make sinner's blood & couldn't enter my residence. I tried switching characters, & it took restarting the game 3 times to allow me to enter residence.
    4. How long you had been online in the game since the last time you restarted? About 60 seconds.
    5. Any reliable reproduction steps? None, it's completely random. Sometimes I log in and have 0 issues that day other days I log in and can't get into my residence all day long.
    6. Anything else you feel might be important? It feels like the game is having an issue recognizing the ownership of the home not even allowing you to even see options on the door like it's completely blocked off acting like a non-active NPC door.

This has been happening to me since the life skill mastery update.
    I'm also willing to log/record anytime this happens to me with exact date/timezone/time period of needed along with any additional files you need.

Zelphin likes this.
  16. Lovelies

@GM Dew

This has been happening a lot lately, and I can now reliably recreate this bug.

Velia 2-2 (EU). If I leave my house with either of my characters and walk up the hill to Loggia Farm to buy accessories from Camelia, I will not be able to re-enter my residence when I return. It doesn't matter how long I've been online or what I was doing before this. A journey from 2-2 up the hill to Loggia Farm and back will lock me out of my residence every single time. The door can't be interacted with; in fact it seems as if the residence no longer exists at all. If my second character is inside the house when this happens and I switch to her once the first goes to Loggia Farm, she'll be standing in an empty building.

Strangely, at least in my case, going a specific distance from the house and coming back seems to cause this.

There are no issues when staying very close to 2-2. If one of my characters goes to Shiel to use the central market, to Tranan to repair, or to the field in front of the house to tend the farms, they can re-enter the residence normally when they return. It's also fine if they travel a longer distance, like to Heidel and back. It's somewhere in between where this bug occurs. Going to Croix at the new wharf causes it a lot. Gathering near Velia causes it a lot. Going to Camelia Loggia always causes it.

Once it happens, I go back to the character selection screen, then server selection, then log back in to the same server to fix the issue temporarily.
    Hopefully this will help you get to the bottom of this very annoying bug.

17. Pointis

Pointis Wizard 61 EU

Heidel 7-5
    Server Mediah 3

Happened 3 times today to me. Just went to the inn to buy some cooking ingredients.

18. Chompwomp

This issue was reported over a year ago (Feb 13, 2018) and you guys have STILL not fixed this? Can you please get your heads out of your asses and instead of just finding more ways to suck money from your customers actually fix the issues your customers are reporting. That would be great!

THANKS!

and yes this is STILL happening today!

JM likes this.
  19. A1Haku

• Which house this happens to Hiedel 8-3
    • What class you are on shai
    • What you were doing before this (from the last time you restarted the game) checking storage
    • How long you had been online in the game since the last time you restarted I never log off voluntarily I run my AC on max while I'm asleep and leave bdo running. I either dc or maintenance happens.
    • Any reliable reproduction steps Switching characters is a "work around" that has been viable for me,
    • Anything else you feel might be important I'm on Xbox One

#79 A1Haku, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  20. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The fact that you are on Xbox and this is the pc forum means that any information given here is entirely useless. Try posting in the Xbox forum if you need any help. The pc version is different from Xbox in that pearl abyss handle Xbox problems and Kakao handles pc problems.