1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Cannot turn off chat filter; on either wife's computer nor mine

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by midgard229, Sep 28, 2017.

1. midgard229

After deleting our Cache's to fix the visual problems; we both lost the ability to turn the chat filter off. We restarted the client, computer etc and when I click it off, hit apply and check the option, it shows it is once again checked; as if it self applies the filter. Anyway to fix that?

2. ltsoky

Delete cache

3. midgard229

Ack again? Haha okay thanks!

4. Gantheral

Gantheral Arandell NA

there is also a option under Game tab that gives a box that says Chat Filter as seen in the screenshot below, but a client restart is needed.
    2017-09-28_14706985.JPG

midgard229 likes this.
  5. midgard229

Yeah deleting cache didn't help, and yeah I click that tab, unclick the button and it reclicks itself now my wife and I are forced to misspell the common profanity and even silly words like adult. =_= thanks for trying though!
    @GM Axion @GM BBrilliant any tips?

6. GM Dew

Game Master

Hi there,

Are you sure that you've deleted your cache in both locations? There are in fact 2 folders that contain user cache:
    • Delete the UserCache folder in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Black Desert directory.
    • Delete the Cache folder in your game installation folder.
    Best regards,
    GM Dew

midgard229 likes this.
  7. midgard229

I did; it's what caused the issue; I see it's happening to others as well. My wife and I deleted both cache's on both computers because my characters face registered wrong. that fixed the issue in that regard but now I can't take profanity filter off

8. Arcticcz

Yup, have same issue. Just returned to BDO after brief break from playing and biggest issue for me is that I keep seeing *** ***** **** ******* instead of words -.-

flukeSG2, Remaint and midgard229 like this.
  9. Tinq

Saw some people complaining about it in chat, enabled chat filter and now I can't disable it.

Deleted cache in both locations, restarted client annnnnd still seeing ****.

midgard229 likes this.
  10. GM Mercy

Game Master

Hello Adventurers,

I can see that this is a widespread issue, so I will pass your messages along to our QA team so that you can indulge in all the profanity you like :D

Remaint, Taj, midgard229 and 2 others like this.
  11. Wildcard

Yes it is, and it should be reported several times by now, next to the problem in the german section with not being able to safe changed settings without swapping to englisch client at all. English client works, except for the chat filter. You can uncheck it in the settings, but as soon as you leave the settings, the check is back.

And all the profanity I like .. hmmm ... the german word for silver, Silber looks like this: S****r. VERRRRY profane, talking about the ingame currency ;)

Remaint, midgard229 and Tinq like this.
  12. Eurodrake

this is still an issue, cannot turn my filter off as well.

midgard229 likes this.
  13. midgard229

thank you! Ha yes we have to misspell profanity.....though it's odd Adult is sensored but a certain N word isn't, nor the word that rhythms with Grape but doesn't have a G

Tinq likes this.
  14. Antihero

Ah yes..deleting cache is a great suggestion...last time i did that, I saved my settings and uploaded them to the depository. After clearing cache and returning to game..when i tried to download my saved setting the response was "no file found" and all my UI was reset and my settings were gone... oh and still cannot get the chat filter to stay turned off >.<

Lindsey likes this.
  15. Squizz

Same problem here, when I uncheck "Chat filter" and click apply and confirm is isn't disabled when I go back to options.

16. Hitarosu

Hitarosu VileMyr Maehwa 59 NA

Having this issue as well. BDO is set to Admin privileges and I just did a fresh install a couple days ago.

17. Taipo

Exit the game, edit the C:\Users\<your user>\Documents\Black Desert\UserCache\<random number for your account>\gameVariable.xml file.
    Find "UseChattingFilter". Set the value to "false". Save and launch the game.

18. LordKarnage

OMG thanks that fixed it :D

19. Ithildiel

You are a pure, righteous, perfect human being and the ground you walk on should be worshiped gOD BLESS U

20. Eurodrake

You da real MVP