1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Can't open bdo...

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by MrSteff, Jan 12, 2019.

1. MrSteff

Hello, my name is Steff and i'm a bdo player for about 2 weeks, while it's true that bdo isn't the only game i play that doesn't open due to a program that i've already identified, bdo does close to some program that idk of, for example: fortnite's anticheat system pretty much doesn't let the game open and it appears an error with the program that does that and in my case it was the Lightningservice.exe from the rgb ram that i have, but in bdo case it's true it doesn't open neither cuz of that service but no error appears and today happent that i closed the lightning service and it still wouldn't open.
    I would love if you could add an error tag when the game can't be open due to a program or at least post a list of what can't be activated when we want to play.
    this issue happent once before again and in my case i just had to restart the pc cuz i always leave it on hibernate but i would love if i wouldn't have to restart my pc with my slow hdd.
    Before the video i made sure i didn't have lightningservice.exe on so there's another program that only bdo doesn't like for some reason.
    and in the video it appears how bdo closes off without any reason and starts as if nothing happent.
    Thank you.

#1 MrSteff, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. [D] Force I

Have you installed BDO already? I run under steam now but have you tried making a batch file to run the BDO client as invoker? I hate that the client wants full admin and don't cheat anyway.
    Copy the code below into a BDOLaunch.bat file replacing the c:\path to black desert\launcher.exe with the path to your client launcher then save in the black desert folder.
    Code:
    @echo Off
    echo Running Black Desert As Invoker %username%
    echo This box will close on its own when good and ready.
    set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvoker
    echo Waiting on Client.
    @"c:\path to black desert\launcher.exe"
    Make a shortcut to the bat file then run this and you should be able to run as a basic user account instead of full admin account.
    You may be being stopped by either Windows User account control or your Antivirus software needs to allow the exe to do it's thing

3. MrSteff

If i would've been stopped by Windows user account it wouldn't let me play for 2 weeks to begin with, there has to be something that opens once in a while in my pc that bdo doesn't tolerate.
    And i've done what you suggested still the same result.

4. [D] Force I

OK So it was working and now it doesn't. Personally as I've seen this behaviour before with Fortnite and BDO combo and don't really like the battle royal type games. When did you last see it working and what have you or someone else changed on your system since it stopped working.

I'm pretty sure its not the BDO software as I'm running it just fine from My windows 10 machine and had it running along side a fortnite install too. I have uninstalled fortnite (via epic launcher as this is how i installed it) but had it running along side BDO (it magically started running after I setup AV exclusions) When I initially installed Fortnite it (Fortnite) never started so I would look towards Fortnite not helping.
    What have you changed since it stopped working?
    Why did you make this change?
    Can you undo this change?

(I don't know how good your internet speed is but I'd probably say uninstall fortnite and see if BDO works again)

If anti cheat technoology has to be used then it has to play nice with other services otherwise I just uninstall. I don't have time to play both anyway :D

5. MrSteff

aham, ok so let me clear up some things for you, first i don't play fortnite for battle royale, i play it for campain, second fortnite does work bdo doesn't, third fortnite has nothing to do with bdo not working i just used it as an example of what i want the devs to put into bdo crashes, third the only thing i did was open my pc from hibernate and if you're not familiar with this type of state of pc it's basecly a suspended state except what you have on doesn't stay opent in ram but in your hdd, forth this isn't a major issue it's a temporary issue that i've mentioned in the explanation this can be fixed just by restarting my pc.
    i made this thread more as a recommandation for them to implement an error when the game closes so i can find the problem that it has, cuz the problem i thought it had wasn't it, meaning the lightservice.exe it's something else that i can't relate and i don't think it's recommended to just launch bdo after closeing every background app from task manager.
    and thx you for the help, at least now i can open it as a client and not as an administrator.

6. [D] Force I

OK Point made. Good luck with that one though.

Here are my thoughts and I feel very sorry for anyone who doesn't boot to a SSD these days as they've been around for over a decade.
    1. How come you have not purchased a SSD yet?
    2 Hibernation is for office PCs or people with very poor hardware configs (I'm guessing this is you)
    3. Gamers usually want the most power they can summon from their rig this means turning the power to max and disabling hibernation.
    (Shut down when you are finished with it, this is what I do. It's no skin off my nose as I have 2 SSDs now as I hated the stream loading when hitting Calphion so I saved up for the New Samsung drive end of last year (1tb).
    I have a Third gen intel system so have SATA 3 with a 16XPcie so good through-put which is enough for me and can't imagine any system today without a SSD Boot drive.

No I will not buy you a new SSD ;) Nice try though.

7. MrSteff

Well i was planning sometime soon to get a tb ssd, and my pc isn't that bad, even with hibernation i can't notice any difference in performance and i only use this state so i don't have to wait 30min for the hdd to finish it's preparations, with hibernation aside the fact that it loads the startup faster but it also keeps whatever i had on.
    my specs are
    Msi x470
    Trident g.skill 16gb
    Ryzen 7 2700
    Radeon rx580 (and yea ik it doesn't fit with the processor but i don't have money to spear on a better one :v)
    Corsair Rm 850x
    and a plain old hdd 1tb

8. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Hi there.

I recommend running a Clean Boot if you encounter this issue in the future, and as stated above, an SSD can help mitigate long startup times for any system. Simply having a small drive with enough space for your OS and one or two games can go a long way for performance issues in general. ^^