1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't start Odylita Questline till i finish Kama Questline

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LightningFFXIII-4, Oct 7, 2020.

1. LightningFFXIII-4

I did this on my main back in 2018 with all the server lag happening....Why do i have to redo the Kama questline all over again just to start the Odylita Questline on my main Character?

Thugarin, Fjokki, Fateneko and 2 others like this.
  2. Dynamite Joe

me too...thats sad - with my newly created season char i get the new story quest line

3. Yuugo

If i remember, they reworked kama questline (in 2018? 2019?) and after that they restarted all progression in this questline for everyone, so you have to do it again to do O'dylita on your main.

4. Dynamite Joe

thats a fracking joke if its so D:<

Thugarin, Fateneko and Robf like this.
  5. LithicForm

oh no you have to re-do a simple questline that gives you a ton of free stuff and materials that can be finished in less time than it took me to write this post what a disaster waaaaaaaaaaa

6. Boink

It definitely caught me off guard.... oh well i have seasonal alts.

Fateneko likes this.
  7. Irmo

The total discarding/disrespecting of old customers and only catering to new ones hereby reaches for me the unacceptable limit.
    I am basically punished for finishing Kamasylvia main quests 2 weeks after launch, two years ago.
    It is not about doing 90 quests again, it is about this nasty rude disrespect. Devs too lazy/uninterested to take players like us into account. Too lazy/uninterested to come up with a solution to help us. Or even consider the possibility.

BDO hereby looses one of its oldest, most active players. I have loved this game, but this is the end.

Robf, Eyrate, Sheky and 5 others like this.
  8. Andaro

Ambassador

.....its not like you aren't just going to spam R anyhow.....

9. Kumenagi

Locking content behind other content is a shite idea. I did both parts of Kama on the days of release and now because they wanted to revamp the quest line I have to go through the boring quest line again? No thanks I'll be skipping over this game yet again.

Robf, Eyrate, Fjokki and 2 others like this.
  10. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Its not like they could have coded the game to recognise both versions of the Kamasylvia quest lines. Lol

Robf, Life2v, Fjokki and 4 others like this.
  11. MADE

"content"

Life2v and Fjokki like this.
  12. Aysnvaust

smh.

13. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

Hmmm... I guess it was a wise decision when I stopped giving a rat's arse about those "quest lines" and quests in general at least 3 years ago. Back when the world of BDO was still young and we were also younger (and probably naive too), there was that kind of excitement to "explore", "learn new stuff", "do this, do that", because well, there was some point to it still. I can't see that much point anymore, apart from the endless chasing of the next billions (soon trillions perhaps?) of silver in order to chase the next almost unobtainable step in your "progression" journey and blah blah, and for what really?

To be able to "grind" that wow new fancy AP 350 zone for the next 100 million mobs, so that next year (maybe) you could possibly grind that 400 AP zone for the next 1 billion "tougher" mobs, because... yeah, "content". Oh, oops, I didn't even mention the glorious "PeeVeePoop" where, sure, why not, see-who-nukes-first with dat 300-350-400 AP dat 400-500-600-1000 DP bozzo over there, rinse, repeat... Pardon me, but this is like really a zombie-brain condition, masochism, or at the very least wasting one's very life on not even slightly meaningful pixels. On top of it... maybe cough up some more, of course, as it is expected (or actually needed), correct?

But, hey, I have said it in the past, to each their own. Thankfully this game still (marginally still) has a lil bit more stuff to offer to (marginally) justify spending time and effort in it. For the time being, but this time is running short and shorter, virtually with every "update" of this kind. Anyways, best of luck to those after that blindingly shiny new armour piece at TET and PEN (or rather with those even fancier names they attached to them to make them and you... "special" - special snowflakes, special items... whatever), I guess on day one the "smart ones" already got DUO maybe TRI, right? And so on and forth with... "progression", the true meaning of life (of no life) XO

14. Andaro

Ambassador

Well...I mean....yeah...
    But maybe since Ordylitta is Kama part 3, they wanted you to re-run Kama so you were fresh on the story owo

Mmmmm, but yeah some do get frustrated with gates...I see that.

15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

No we get frustrated with your constant making excuses for pearl abyss bad game designs.
    Why would someone that has done Kamasylvia part one and two on the old quest line need or want to run the new ones? I have some characters that have done both and several more that have only done the new quests. We need to keep in mind here that there are players that really only play one character and have done all the quests that they want to do until this new release and they should not be forced to redo kama.
    What I think is the problem is that the people coding this to release on Na/ Eu have no idea that there was an older version of quests that should have been allowed for.

Robf, Eyrate, Sheky and 2 others like this.
  16. MeldamirieI

MeldamirieI Rilma Ranger 62 NA
    Ambassador

Okay, so... I did the 2018 Kamasylvia story as well. However, I also did the Renewal story. On the same character (quest starts in Calpheon.)

In comparison to the Release Kamasylvia story, the Renewed story flows much better with the O'dyllita storyline overall. There are characters mentioned in O'dyllita story that do not appear in the Release story. For this reason, I understand why the O'dyllita storyline requires the Kamasylvia Reworked version.

I understand the frustration. I really do. It locks you out of a ton of knowledge, and it limits what you can do.

On the flip side, you've had about 6-8 months to do the Renewed Kamasylvia main story.

#16 MeldamirieI, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  17. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

all it said was had to make sure you had finish Kamasylvia 2 witch I did when it first cam out and had goten all knowledge and start the new quest line with no problem

18. Khondo

Boooooohoooooo you have to play the game to progress, booooohoooooo

19. LeCordonBleu

As disappointing as this is, most people would have just said "this sucks" before getting going with the questline. You really are a special one that needs a lot of attention.

20. Spartakatz

because it's the requirement for the quest line. you must be new to the game to be surprised to see that.
    btw, you also can't do the kama questline, that one has requirements too.
    you also can't do valencia questline before doing mediah.
    and you can't do the mediah questline before doing the others.
    etc etc etc

Fearless V likes this.