1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Can't update Oct 18 patch, crashes with corrupted file every time

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Blackoh, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Garryfre

Finally got a reply to me message about this on their Facebook page. Said the technical team is working on it.

2. Drossula

Drossula Ankrath Valkyrie 60 EU

I have the exact same issue, also tried everything. First time this happens.

3. Nachtdrache

Got a SS of them saying they're working on it? Should toss that in here.

Garryfre likes this.
  4. Mandriva

Thanks. Too bad they don't communicate here, i'm not facebook friendly, without you i wouldn't knew they're aware of the issue.

edit : changed an expression (not my main language).

Garryfre likes this.
  5. Kwayit

bump, still true at 4:25PM EST

6. bloodie

patcher crashes at 11% over and over same exact problem that other people have, It tries to repair donwload some random PAZ files and crashes again at 11%

[10/18/2017::16:20:16] [MSG] Paz\PAD05774.PAZ file is exist.

[10/18/2017::16:20:17] [MSG] BCAD action is end.

[10/18/2017::16:20:18] [MSG] patch action is start.

[10/18/2017::16:20:20] [MSG] patch file size 3

[10/18/2017::16:21:47] [MSG] RTPatch file name : bin\BlackDesert32.exe

[10/18/2017::16:21:47] [MSG] patch file Apply error. E:\Black Desert Online\540.PAP code = 31

[10/18/2017::16:26:01] [MSG] DaumGame Global Launcher is ended.

7. Warik

Welcome to the club fam

8. Tachii

Hey at least you didnt reinstall trying to fix it, and fail at fixing it.

9. paruchen

I had some issues with my game gettin my PC frozen after clicking Play on launcher...... after patch now I can't even go to the point my pc Freezes, I have been checking the game files for 40minutes now.... cus of that CORRUPT file ****.......

10. Mandriva

Welcome, please take a sit.

11. Drossula

Drossula Ankrath Valkyrie 60 EU

Interesting that none of them have thought to post on the forums just yet and we have to rely on facebook for the info that they're looking into it.

12. Kwayit

GM HaliaeetusToday at 16:30
    Greetings adventurer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm Senior Game Master Haliaeetus and I'll be assisting you with your ticket today.

I understand that you are having trouble connecting to the game after the most recent patch. Not to worry, our GM team strives to deliver an awesome service to our players and we would be happy to take a look into your case and help you get it resolved.

After reading your message, it seems that this error may be related to a network problem. As a first step, please try the following steps to fix it:

- Press Start on the bottom left of your Windows task bar.
    - Search for cmd and IMPORTANT: Right click on the Command Prompt icon and press "Run as administrator".
    - Type in netsh winsock reset and press Enter.

If doesn't help, please try the following:

- Please make sure that your java and browsers (chrome , firefox) are up-to-date (if there is any).
    - Use the Google's public DNS addresses: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
    Turn off / clear the proxy settings if you have any:

Windows 10:
    In Windows Go to settings, click "Network and Internet", click "Proxy" turn off all settings.

Windows 7:
    Click "Start", click "Control Panel", click "Network and Internet", click "Internet Options", click the "Connections" tab, click "LAN Settings", turn off all options.

- Power cycle modem/router: Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router. Power down and unplug the modem and the router if you're using one. Plug in and turn on the modem and router, and allow them to completely boot up until the front panel connection lights on the modem show a steady connection.

- Disable antivirus (while testing)
    - Disable firewall (while testing)
    - If using Wifi connection, switch to wired connection if possible
    - Turn off any VPN or ping booster application
    - Make sure that your router, firewall, ISP is not blocking the ports 8888 and 9991 - 9993

You can check it there: http://portquiz.net:8888/ If you can see the homepage - it's okay. If you can't see it - you have your 8888 and 9991 - 9993 port blocked by router/firewall/ISP.

- Please try it without the router (ie: plug your net cable directly to your computer) to make sure it's not a router related problem.

Besides that, we are constantly working on improving the game and any lag/disconnection/desync issues on our side too. Unfortunately, we currently do not have a ready solution. These kind of issues are very hard to solve, and there is never a simple fix for everything.

As a workaround we suggest to try out the free trial of the following Gaming VPN solutions. Here are their official websites :

- http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/
    - https://hide.me/
    - http://www.battleping.com/
    - https://www.wtfast.com/
    - http://mudfish.net/

What a VPN does is make sure that your connection goes to the best/most stable DNS servers and ISPs. When you connect to our servers, there is usually no direct connection line from your PC to our server, but you will be going through several different ISPs, sometimes even across several different countries. So even if your connection is good, and our server is stable, you may still get disconnected if any connection point in between is unstable. To make matters worse, sometimes it may randomly switching connection points in between when it thinks another link is better, and this switch may also cause a disconnection. A Gaming VPN prevents this from happening, and picks the best connection line there is and makes sure it doesn't switch half-way through your gaming session.

Finally, it could be the case of corrupted .PAP files downloaded with the patch. In this case, please try the following procedure:

1. Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)
    2. Delete the following file again: version.dat
    3. Delete all .PAP files in your BDO folder (very important)
    4. Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files.

I hope this solution will work and that I was able to inform you sufficiently with this. You can find more information on the websites above if needed. If you still have trouble, please get back to us by replying to this email and we would be happy to assist you further!

Best regards,

GM Haliaeetus
    Senior Game Master

Our knowledge base is updated regularly and contains some of the most common asked questions and issues:
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

You can also keep an eye on our social media pages for the latest news and announcements.
    https://www.facebook.com/BlackDesertOnline
    https://twitter.com/BDO_news

13. paruchen

I am planning tbh what I gonna do with my free time since this game died for me

14. ChaGoob

Same here with me now.. It was Error 0xE019100B at first, but now I can't get passed Corrupted file... Tried reparing, deleting version.dat, and re-installing the entire game, nothing works... Top thread under technical issues, over 4 pages of comments of people saying the same thing.. Not a peep from the GM's...

15. IGlitter

This has become part of the game!

16. paruchen

I'd be happy if my clients was that loyal when I don't even treat their issues......

17. Chickenbone

The Patch Minigame:

1) Try to get that elusive [PLAY] button to light up by ignoring any "repair" functions the launcher offers and...
    2) Dive into files and logs you have never heard of - deleting and renaming stuff on the advice of about a third of your gaming peers, who are...
    3) Also playing this new mingame.

Imagine a bicycle tire patch that made tiny, almost invisible holes in your tire tube - requiring you to take the tire on and off, cutting sections of the tube out and tying it all together again. Imagine spending another 15 minutes filling it 3/4 of the way, only to have it leak again. Over. And over. Again. Imagine calling something like that a "patch".

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over.

IGlitter and paruchen like this.
  18. Keswiik

Another person with the same issue reporting in.

19. Chickenbone

See my post below yours re: new mini game

IGlitter likes this.
  20. paruchen

maybe we haven't paid for much pearls as the other users ?