1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caphra brings new life to BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by 2Cents, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Not fixated. It's just that a fact is a fact, whether you like it or not. And if referencing facts gets me labeled a weeb, then so be it.

BTW, UO is western. DAoC is western. And I must ask you to clarify if you mean Anarchy Online by AO, as I know of many games that have the same acronym (Anarchy is also western).

So, please.

Granado Espada, on NA. 15 years old. The pub was calling it Sword of the New World. Population was, well, barren. Swapped to SEA. Played SEA until the new NA pub made SEA enforce a region block. Didn't want to go back to NA, as population is still barren. Now THAT is a P2W game. Wanted to play Aion, but life happened. Tried Archeage, the linear questing at the start turned me away. Blade & Soul just didn't have combat that appealed to me. Thought about playing Tree of Savior, as it was made by the same devs as GE, but the graphic style turned me off. Still wondering whatever happened to Wolf Knights. Almost played Continent of the Ninth, and Rappelz, but had GE. I DID try out Western MMOs of the time, but, well, they just didn't appeal to me, except for Requiem, but had GE. After GE played GW2 and single players. Heard about BDO when it was first announced, impatiently waited for it, followed all the news. Obviously, I am now playing BDO. I am most attracted to games that don't have endings, so to speak.

As for pre-GE, I grew up in an anti-technology household. I would have probably played Lineage.

Cash mechanics just don't bother me much. Probably the influence of growing up playing with populations that were fine with them (SEA). Over a decade later and still chat with my old friends from Singapore too. :P

Not exactly. Just trying to drive home exactly how different a Korean and a Western MMO are. Yes, Westerns can have a grind, but ultimately they are referenced as Western or Korean for a reason, despite similarities they may have.

:P

2. Lefteye

Are you really complaining about him making a joke, just because Korean mmos are like this? Nothing wrong with some humor here and there. Maybe learn to laugh a little.

Fearless V and Ruffe like this.
  3. ManlyBeard

No **** they are western Sherlock, we were discussing the genre, which basically comes down to grinding mmos, that doesn’t specifically mean korean ones, hence my reply to you asking if I understood the genre and me giving you examples of mmos that had harder and longer grinds than this trash game.

And yes Anarchy Online

4. 2Cents

Pro's
    • Attempting PEN is now worthwhile. In many cases it simply wasn't worth the risk/cost. The difference in armor for example wasn't going to change things. 300 DP vs 308 DP wasn't going to affect much. The additional Caphra beyond PEN changes that.
    • It's now possible (at a heavy cost) to upgrade in a method that doesn't rely on RNG
    • Kama hunting improved along with Questing
    • New Long term goals. While it's not for everyone you can work your way through Caphras for months/years getting small upgrades.
    • The glowing effect, mesmerizing
    Con's
    • Gear Score disparity reaches new heights
    • Additional reasons to exploit/hack
    • A slow progression tainted with Pay2Win
    • Makes Alt chars less relevent
    Overall I think Caphra's are a great addition to the game. While they are far from perfect, it gives soft cap and long term players something to do. Trying to get a TET/PEN Ogre ring isn't a viable goal. The upgrade system really lacked progression. It also brought a lot more life to Kama which was not being fully utilized.

Ruffe and Mgp like this.
  5. Srich

This game doesnt need more gear progression or long term progression to keep you busy.. it just need PVP balance ( a real one ) and with it i hope they bring some fun in doing PVP... cuz the actual pvp is just ****

Fearless V, Flood, Ruffe and 2 others like this.
  6. LFF

LFF

cool story bro.

Draconnix likes this.
  7. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Not sure why you need multiple threads on Caphras. It sounded good on paper but ended up being merely an incentive for next level P2W.

And what long term goals? Unless PvP gets somehow unfuсked I don't see any real long term goals.

Ruffe likes this.
  8. Valestris

incentive? can you buy caphras on the cash shop? no? okay then! enough with the ****ing p2w nonsense already people! It's getting old! god

Ruffe likes this.
  9. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Incentive to P2W your stuff to Pen, cause using Caphras on Tet -> Pen is a waste. I can draw a picture for you if it's too hard to understand.

10. AlwaysSaltyAF

I was thinking it over if doing tet-> pen was a waste or not. it really depends on how you'll be going about your upgrades.

lets say you have 0 pens and you have all tets. if you want you can save your caphras for putting onto a pen, ya? however, if you decide to just caphras each tet piece of your gear 1 by 1 you'll increase a gearscore every 1-2 lvls. that doesnt cost money. all it does is cost you something far in the future when you have a PEN, and is being full PEN for free one day such a bad thing? who is to say when you're full PEN from caphras the caphras drop rate doesnt get doubled, tripled, or quadrupled.. making saving all them up and putting them into a PEN instead of PEN'n 3 TETs a questionable choice.

im considering putting say 75% of caphras into my PEN dande, then the rest into my tets. level each 1 up 1 by 1. i will also have all my names on my TETs when they eventually go PEN from caphras.

silver is used for pre ordering caphras, and all enhancing mats get sold.

a gamestyle to consider, a free 2 play gamestyle at that, and 1 almost any1 can get into it. as i stated almost 3 weeks ago, farming caphras is the only thing one should be focusing on, whether it is for gearing up, or selling, it is the best/newest/most game changing content we've received in ages.

#30 AlwaysSaltyAF, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Jeanina, Mgp and Valestris like this.
  11. Valestris

A waste ... okay whatever guy. Something you can ****ing farm indefinitely and not on an event is a waste ... your opinion is ****. Okay whatever you need to think to be able to sleep at night, a waste ... LMFAO god what a laugh.

#31 Valestris, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Jeanina, Ruffe and Mgp like this.
  12. Valestris

**** didn't think I'd ever toss you a like Salty, Christ XD

13. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Maybe come back once you're able to form a coherent sentence.

Flood likes this.
  14. Valestris

LOL

15. C4rdinal

Did it rly help tho ? Pvp wise eu servers are dead. Siege scene is dead. Players mainly busy doing stuff like capra grinding, BA mostly filled with the same players... RBF ? Well its dead if u ask me. Please PA do tell me how this all help out pvp scene ? Becuz i know there are players with 600gs sitting and not even feel motivated to join any pvp activity... cuz its pile of crap. Capras is only for those who are daily active for 5-10hours. Or to those who already saved up billions to actualy snipe capras from MP.

16. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

Cuz he likes to keep his 3,23 threads/day avarage. Not on just caphras, but basically on everything. If he goes to the toilet, he creates a thread about it.

Ruffe likes this.
  17. Lachdanan

i rly like this idea
    for each failed attempt you should get a caphras lvl on the next enchantment lvl

if you fail TRI 12 times and succeed on the 13 th try
    you get a TRI with caphras lvl 12

18. ambyentlight

I have seen so many hackers/exploiters/botters lately they like tp around the map move adnormally fast have zero cooldowns. Seems more and more botters are playing this game now and its all probally because of caphras horse enhancement stuff and treasurechests dropping.

This game encourages you to cheat as cheaters do not get punished ever apart from for publicity maybe a 72 hour ban.

A cheater hacking to get these caphras will get for example a pen enhancement well before any legit player.

Ruffe likes this.
  19. C4rdinal

Aslong as those cheaters spend money , PA will not ban them just becuz of that.

20. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

No, the system is fine.
    Right now it costs ~18b for a pen in caphra stones (1m/stone). Perfectly fine as getting it the RNG way will be similar costs.
    It's good that there is a save way, but it should be more expensive and takes more time.