1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caphras will just close the P2W circle

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Reuter, Aug 28, 2018.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

if they fix guildhopping so that ap overlords kill themselves on sieges and arsha only then maybe tiered pvp would make sense. but since mercing and alt guilds are a thing, they will ruin fun for weaker geared people with their walleted e-pen(i)s.

if they dont fix guildhopping, then we know that the rest of the playerbase is here just for the sole purpose of being stomp food for the whales.

i do not want to be fun factor for some guy that spends thousands of dollars just because ive spent only fraction of his money. and we r getting there. gear is too important in this game and with incoming changes those guys will not be killable when they band up, and ive played plenty of these games to know that the biggest assholes with best gear usually end up in the same guild with a stupid name, ugly logo and third reich elitistic requirements.

2. CookieNite

Yeah, no.Ever since they announced my.com as EU publisher, suddenly Kakao looks better.I would never trust mycom even with $1 let alone make an account and dedicate my time into it.If you are not familiar with who mycom is, google is filled with information(they also published revelation).

Hoebbit likes this.
  3. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

Tnx for the tip, I will look into it.

4. Danniel

While playing on the Global server I noticed Caphras stones given free for testing purposes it was then I realised that this was on its way.
    I think all the people on the Global server noticed this then and drew the same conclusion.
    Cron Stone energy Caphras enchantments are here whether we want it or not as I said in another post.
    By this Christmas 3 or more people with full Pens by next Christmas alot less people playing.
    P2W has come to BDO

Some people still wont believe it,some dont want to believe it, but in the end its P2W whether you yourself do it or not.
    Another Archeage incoming.
    Oh and by the way if your thinking of waiting for A.I.R check who the developer is first before buying into that P2play model.

Life2v, Amarum, Reuter and 2 others like this.
  5. Rayin

Many people are missing the point in here.
    That's another way to increase the geargap like Renown Score and the AP damage bonus did disguised as "Catching up mechanic".

The Devs claim that X has been done/changed/introduced to reduce the geargap, at first sounds for real like that as in theory enhancing through that method should be a bit smoother, but then the practice shows otherwise and you have the strong player getting stronger than ever because he had the time, the gear and the luck to get in a position where enhancing was more of a bonus than a necessity, so he managed to produce/stack more resources.

And 'till here it would be fine, if those mechanics weren't indirectly tied up to Cash Shop and directly influenced by luck.
    It'd be even better if those new mechanics wouldn't give such a huge boost in term of stats.
    You can't really make a system that forces you to acquire an insane amount of resources after you may have or may not have won a massive RNG gate, because in that case the catch-up mechanic will be invalidated, it won't be linear and on pair with the current progress speed, it'll be cumulative.

Imagine two boxeurs: one is an amateur and has gloves made with bandages stuffed with rugs, the other one is the medium-weight Champion with high-tech gloves that make smoother to hit an opponent and absorb the impact.
    Then suddendly the WBA decides that to make the matches more challenging they're going to upgrade the equipment of both: the first one will receive enough funds to "almost" buy the high-tech gloves that the other boxeur had, but the medium-weight Champion will get an amount of funds that is doubled to buy the latest brand new gloves that have retractile brass knuckles and cannot be detected in any way unless we want to dissect those gloves.

Can you get the analogy? before the other boxeur will be able to efford those brass knuckles, given the raw power of this tool, the other boxeur will probably become Champion in every existing category having really few chances to meet opponents of the same tier. But then it won't even possible to make a "fair" match-up, as an amateur or a mid-tier boxeur will struggle with opponents of different categories while the Champion will find very little resistance even among his ranks, as not every Boxeur - even if are as strong as him - managed to afford those new gloves.

tl;dr the power creep will increase and their catch-up mechanic sucks as they keep adding more ways to boost your stats endlessly and when this doesn't work they just take a Delorian, go back in time and make your current gear useless changing meta or adding a mechanic that takes into account one stat above all to rule the scene.

Yeah, seems fine to me.

Reyer, Life2v, Reuter and 2 others like this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

if this cron melting fiasco wont be limited in some decent way im never touching anything kakao published again. im sure many others share the same sentiment.

7. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

I guess making vets quit because of ******** patches and have them blow up their gear is also part of ketchup mechanic.

8. Danniel

I look at it this way I have blown my gear up in Tri and Tet roulettes for every piece of my trash GS at over 540+ Im happy it was earned I grinded when I needed the gold participated in GW and yes Sieges (lost alot...lol) Ive put up with the new rebuilds on char skills the reknown score which de-sync, lag constant lies from both the developer and publisher and now theres this crap.

Bring on the credit card warriors Ive been one in other games and yes I can easily dump 30k on this game on a whim but with this one having no endgame content, a litany of lies and broken mechanics Im not doing it I will just melt the costumes I have around more than 30 full sets and afk fish till something else comes along.

9. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Caphras Stones, just like PRI, DUO, TRI, TET, PEN enhancing, was always going to come to us.

Heck, it was pretty clear that even with the (for PA) quickly released Cron Energy System, that even they weren't happy with their gambling enhancing system.

If you don't like Caphras and didn't like Cron Energy, then maybe this simply hasn't been the game for you for a long time.

10. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

You might not be, but I will.

<3

11. WhySoSeeryus

makes me wonder what glories they have in the store for the future for monetizing capras energy :D coz it is coming for sure, question is just - in which form.

12. 6footgeeks

2ish month per TET from TRI only from dailies including dreigan ones, granted we dont have it yet and probably will get it in Dreigember.

easily down to a month for someone playing semi-casually.

seems reasonable that casual players get TET's in 2 monthish and less ones get it faster, and hardcore get it within a month i guess.

ofcourse these rates will only even go further down as time goes by.

Caphras isnt a problem ,its a good thing, Its finally a FAILSAFE mechanic in place, now we need to pressure them to increase the rates you get from activities, which we will get eventually.

Im not even that salty that you can enhance your gear past PEN with this, it was obviously going to come some time and majority of the playerbase would never be prepared for it since its not OUR population that gets taken into consideration when making these decisions

The addition of cron melting is another thing entirely, another VERY BAD thing entirely.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  13. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

They know they can depend on my jukebox money and monthly value packs.

Game is fine.

14. Xenon

You could be like me. I don't like the current direction of the game, the pvp imbalance, the progression system, the increasing gear gap with every update, or the incredibly whiny and toxic community. You know what I did? I stopped playing. I quit.

Life2v likes this.
  15. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

Then why are you here on this forum ?

16. WhySoSeeryus

gloating and drinking sweet sweet tears :D :D :D

just a wild guess ;D

Xenon likes this.
  17. Sibyyl

Why is this a bad thing?

18. WhySoSeeryus

technically, on its own, it isnt. but with ap scaling, renown, p2w cron melting and other stuff combined it is. because people can cash skip to pen and have a huge advantage over others. gear gaps are ruining this game as it is. while some sort of advantage should be there, as progress is important, this will just make gear gaps into canyons. they need to rework crazy bonuses, for pvp at least.

19. SillySin

SillySin DarkKnight 51 EU

#59 SillySin, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Rizzly likes this.
  20. C6H5CH3

Sorry to say, but it's already long past the time when there was any point to join as a new player, unless you're just buying the account of yet another frustrated veteran quitting.

And thanks to SMH we already have a bunch of people with that or even far in excess of 100 b, many of which probably have at least 1 or 2 pen already, also thanks to that.
    30% more cost for 300% increase in effectiveness? Sounds fair.

Josh28 likes this.