1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Captcha to login

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lunamaster, Mar 25, 2020.

?

You are a BOT

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. NO

95 vote(s)
    55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catastigma

[​IMG]

Its rockstar that get the idea first.

PA Copy the big studio.

How cute they are.

#141 Catastigma, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. Valestris

Never really played RS games, that would be why I didn't know o.o i-interesting...

3. AMeowingCat

You do know that captcha has been defeated time and time again right. Especially this version has been defeated by both browser extensions and programs for quite some time now.

Additionally I don't care if they put captcha in the launcher, that's fine I've got nothing against it, even though I know its overly pointless. My problem is I can't play the game right now, I literally can't get past the captcha system. The one on the BDO website one works perfectly, the one in the launcher is hilarious misconfigured which is why people are having to do it 10+ times just to login. Several guildies I know and others you can see on various posts too are having the same trouble of just having to constantly try and try again each login and its frustrating. I just want to play BDO again.

Avonna and Diazine like this.
  4. Lefteye

Not sure if it’s just me, but it didn’t make me do the photo thing the last two times I logged in. After I clicked the I’m not a robot box, it instantly checked.

5. Nezrox

Nezrox Kitsuneonii Warrior 61 NA

get rid of this crap, took me over a minute and a half trying to select pictures just for it to reset and have me pick more pictures of something else. this is going to be annoying trying to log in, its going to make ppl not want to, this is ridiculous

alastersan likes this.
  6. Zinniah

This crap will make me quit this game. I tried this crap 8 times and still couldnt get past it. Shove this crap up your ass

alastersan likes this.
  7. Khondo

Notice I did say "little change" but still it is a step in the right direction.

Smileybones likes this.
  8. MajorThor

It's bad enough that we let Devs like you and others like Bluehole and Allm cripple our machines with your highly malicious XIGNCode that literally scans your entire machine in order to even login your game, this is completely unjustified. You're inconveniencing your entire player base because of your own failure in dealing with bots at the GM level.

Sandpit_, KhaosThanathan and Diazine like this.
  9. RandomHajile

10. Vivi_Nerini

Ah yes, pushing the dumbest captcha on login for a game that easily crash 3 times a day, brilliant move.
    I'd like one on the door of my fridge too, and to access my car also.

Lefteye, Diazine, Nemesis2020 and 2 others like this.
  11. Falquian

Absolutely horrible, take this captcha **** off. Sometimes it takes image after image and even then you take more images, sometimes it takes 45> 90s to solve

I do not know if it has a relationship, but currently it is impossible to play, the lag is huge, I speak of more than a minute of lag and it ends in disconnection

12. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

again shows how clueless they are

Nemesis2020 likes this.
  13. Neothos

I've had to do this5 times in a row just to be able to log in due to apparent failures on my side due to bad pictures, pixelated pictures or just **** knows why.

I crash 2-5 times a day some days, no idea why, however the log in process before this was a pain in the butt enough, now I have to spend up to 3 minutes of it throwing pictures at me (or failing to load the pictures at all!).

This is having a negative impact on peoples experience of the game. It should be removed and some other anti-bot feature that is no where near as intrusive and obnoxious is implemented, like 99% of all competent gaming companies and publishers as this just stinks of pure incompetence and 'near enough is good enough' thinking, which is not good enough for a gaming company and publisher

14. LORDZERG

Unnecessary stupid waste of time when we log in, why is that captcha? who needs it? why?
    Please remove it ASAP!

btw I'm seeing captcha in game launcher for the first time...

Nemesis2020 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  15. Hevnlyst

Actually the dumbest **** that's ever been put into this game.

16. Dahlaine

Not only I have to do this crap EACH TIME I log into game.

I have to do several of these. "Please check also new images" etc. Sometimes it forces me to go through up to seven captchas before it lets me log in to game.

I also have GW2 and that game remembers both username and password which lets me log in with just a button click. Somehow they have no reason to change it. A few other MMOs do that as well. Whoever had an idea to put captcha in the launcher had a particularly stupid idea that should be reverted.

Phoenixxx75 and Diazine like this.
  17. MsLilith

actually they dont most of the BDO bots have a script to auto login and input info there isnt anyone there. so no tech this blocks them till they manualy do it and since most bots run low end machines and crash a ton..this actually makes it a chore for them.

18. Exiled

captcha bots exists, so again this update does not help with anything other than pissing off legit players with bs

KhaosThanathan and Lefteye like this.
  19. Ayumi_Kuro

i almost NEVER post anything in the Forums... been here since ages... also saw many changes made to the Game.. but this DUMB CAPCHA got me triggered AF..

20. Riandrisael

+1 to removing them there doesn't seem to be much of a reason for the captcha at all

It only adds time to log in but it's not really that big of a deal cause you rarely log in for most people, but that brings up the question how does this add any value when nobody needs to log in that often? So, sure it's not the worst thing ever but how can this add value when players can log in then add whatever programs this is trying to prevent, It just seems kinda dumb that we are wasting everyone's time to likely stop nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.