1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrack is too buggy. Please fix.

Discussion in 'Interface' started by Desibabez94, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Desibabez94

I know for certain I am not the only Carrack owner with the following issues.

1. Every single day when I first get on my boat to leave a wharf, especially on Sunday before Vell, my boat will do the stupid floating in air glitch and not allow me back on to my wheel.

2. Several times a week while bartering, I will get desynced and kicked off of my boat and load back in to it being several feet away from me and be forced to try and swim back to it, only to have it teleport away again. Oh, and when this happens, the button to get back on my wheel at the top left doesn’t help. At all.

3. Killing sea monsters, especially the small ships, usually will not give me loot, even with all my pets on red, right on top of where it died.

4. Please fix the cabin bug. For crying out loud. I’m really tired of taking groups of people to Vell and having to stop, open my cabin to let them fall through and dive under the water, only to get back on my carrack and get stuck. AGAIN. And also, make it less buggy to open and close it. It is NOT hard to code that in, guys.

These are just a couple examples of how little thought and effort kakao put in to ocean content, specifically with carracks. It’s actually quite rude and messed up considering it took me over a year to make “one of the best boats in the game” yet I now suffer far more often than I used to on my caravel or my galeass.

I have an advanced if it matters, but my guildie has a balance and runs into the same issues everyday.

Fix the ocean, and fix our carracks !!! We did NOT put countless time and effort into making these boats just to never get to use them properly.

Do something about it, kakao, I am begging you...

I know I’m not the first person to be livid about things you guys refuse to fix that would take no time at all .

#1 Desibabez94, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. Destigma

Just made an account on this forum to agree. I'm the other carrack owner in OP's guild, and while I was so happy to finally make a carrack these bugs put me off from wanting to use it all I can. #1 is especially a problem with me. I have found it happens most in crowded wharfs (much of the time at Velia before Vell). I'll try checking in and out my ship at the wharf which rarely fixes it. In some cases I have to keep swimming out, calling my boat, waiting 20 seconds, swim > call until my boat is far enough away from any ship and most of the time that will work. Sometimes it still doesn't, which is a huge stress when Vell is nearing spawn time. Just this past Sunday I was at Port Ratt before Vell, no other ships or players and it still happened for 5 minutes straight. It's also a pain for our guildmates who might get stuck with us.
    #2 used to be a massive issue for me as well, but I haven't bartered as much recently so I very seldom see that one again. But it is a huge waste of time having to swim back and forth to catch up to your boat only for you to not be able to climb on. Also, for me it usually wasn't several feet, more like several hundred, which in the water is awful if you run out of stamina and/or don't have a shark costume like me.
    The other 2 bugs I have still experienced but are less common for me, the first 2 are extremely aggravating with #1 being a VERY common occurrence.

Toq, Khay_man and Desibabez94 like this.
  3. Khay_man

Oh Carrack bugs, let me count the ways...
    1) Number one bug is when you teleport to your wheel(most commonly in Velia docks) and you studderstep and can't move, sometimes you can't get off your wheel, and if you do you can't do anything but studder step and can't go into attack stance or anything until you do one of three things to fix it. ESCAPE->ESCAPE, switch channels, or character select. While this can fix it, it doesn't guarantee you fix it. So I can and have done the escape cooldown blown, my server swap blown, then having to character select twice to finally fix it. This is the most annoying bug and has been around since I first built my first Carrack back in November 2019. Sometimes you don't studder step, and is what Destigma described where you have to swim out and call your boat toward you to fix it. It's generally a docking only issue, but I've ran into it also above Sycria, don't know if that helps.

2) Carrack breezy sail is tied to your character's stamina bar. This is just plain silly, why does your stamina affect your boat. This coupled with what Desi described above when you re-load and your boat is far away after you just breezy sailed, means you need to swim back to your boat with no stamina, meaning you have to character select or swap channels or else take a year to swim back to your boat.

3) After swapping channels your Carrack is sitting too low in the water. This means that your cannons are now sitting below the water line, meaning any shots you take immediate explode and go no where. This bug is especially annoying when swapping while doing Crocs, or after swapping channels at Vell to avoid idiots trying to Pvp before Vell spawns. Getting off and on your wheel will usually fix this glitch, but it takes around 2 minutes for your boat to adjust to the water line on the new channel. Been around for awhile now.

4) Last bug but I add it more as a warning, do not sail in the Great Ocean when it's close to maintenance, you'll log back in one area of the ocean and your boat can and will be somewhere far far away, and it'll be blind luck in finding it again.

There are probably others but that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but these bugs have been around for almost a year now, perhaps it's time to fix some of them.

4. Desibabez94

I can agree and relate to both replies.

I remember starting my boat journey after several months of back and forth with many of my SMH friends and when I finally collected up all the materials to make the carrack I was ecstatic, on top of the world, even!

It meant no more needing to take the guild boat to Vell every week on Sunday or Wednesday, more carry weight for my insane love of bartering, more cannon shots which basically 1shot most small monsters and the small gold mont, faster speed, more space for sailors etc

I thought for sure it would increase my love for the ocean, but I think in reality having a carrack has made me play less in the ocean, and instead I take my galeass out for SMH and the like.

Granted it’s okay, I planned to use the Advance for bartering really, but it would be great to take it out for both Sailies AND Amy margoria barter runs, without having to worry about desyncing and having it get lost in the ocean somewhere.

I would like to hunt Crocs as well, but I’m honestly terrified of the thought of getting desynced off my carrack, dying to a croc and then losing my boat and all of its items, because why would I go all the way to margoria and NOT bring my t5s with me? It just makes sense.

I’m just saying that some of these issues could really use some looking into, and ideally, at least one of these gets fixed in the next couple of patches.

Ninjago, MoonDance17 and Toq like this.
  5. Toq

Toq

But if they ignore you a little longer more of the sailing folk will leave and they can indefinitely put off naval wars! Feel like more Carrack makers have quit than still play. Luckily I don't just play at sea or I'd probably have quit too.

Desibabez94 likes this.
  6. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

lots of luck trying to get anything fix on ocean content the bug with ship in the air been around from day one with the very first ship I had so like 4 year and i but in enough ticket on it that they do not want to see any more it like land stuff that mess up it never get fix or year down the road so good luck will not happen you just have to learn to with it for ship in the air if you see it before you turn the ship beat on R if to try to move just relog to toon and it will put you in the water

same with a screen reload do not go swiming for ship jut relog to toon it will put it right by you or close enough that you can call it

Desibabez94 likes this.
  7. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I used to experience many of these frustrating experiences on both my caravel and my galleass. I ended up parking both boats and quitting the game. These bugs were just one of the many irritations that finally cured me of any desire to play bdo

Desibabez94 likes this.