1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrack mats collecting strategy

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ice04, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Ice04

Hi guys!

Do you have any kind of strategy collecting mats for the carrack?
    There are 2 groups of items you need: the barter exchange items and the daily reward items. I haven't seen any tier5 barter items yet (Brilliant Rock Salt Ingot and Brilliant Pearl Shard). atm i am at 630 barter runs, still haven't seen those items in the barter list yet, any idea when / how to "unlock" those? :D
    Tier2/3/4 barter items appear quite often, just a question of time until those are done.

But the real bottleneck are the daily reward items like Tear of the Ocean and Moon Veil Flax Fabric. If I am not wrong, we need to do 60 dailies to get the necessary amounts. Is there any way to speed it up? I know we could buy mats with ocean coins, but they are ridiculous expensive. I mean, like 3900 coins for 1!!! tear of the ocean, wth???

Also, what do you do with all the tier 2/3/4 barter items (like Pure Pearl Crystal, Bright reef piece, etc.) as soon as you have the necessary amounts? keep them or sell them for coins?

2. Hemuk

You need full +10 blue gear to build the carrack, so that's gonna be everyone's first main "blottleneck", you'll have enough tears of the ocean long before you get the gear, unless you're killing Khan every week with your guild, and even then, the brillian mats (allegedly) start appearing after 10k barters, so you have 2 options; get 10k barters and then wait for enough resets to get all 60+ brilliant mats (which will compete with the already useless white/green/blue mats and will probably come in stacks of 2 for a single trade if we're lucky) or kill sea monsters until you get the brilliant mats as drops, both options equally as insane, plus the only thing I've seen drop is brilliant ingots from Candis, I'm not even sure if the brilliant pearl can drop.

And then there's the fact that while you're doing all of the above; you need to save 40k ocean coins to buy Carrack's green gear, so spending ocean coins on gear mats is a waste, since you'll have plenty of time for the dailies because of the aforementioned multiple bottlenecks.

So you have 3 options:

• Barter your brains out till 10k then relax and wait for spawns while doing dailies.
    • Get the blue cannon asap and start farming dem sea monsters for brilliant drops.
    • Farm 96k+ ocean coins for brilliant mats.
    Or a combination of the 3.

#2 Hemuk, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Banzz, savo, Ofeamoten and 7 others like this.
  3. Eternal2nd

Eternal2nd Kamigamino Sorceress 60 EU

10k barters? That would be an oof.
    I know a guildmate has >800 and hasn't seen one yet. Was hoping for 1k being the magical threshold

4. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

I have been collecting the barter stuff for when I see thisemats. Right now it's trying to get all mats to make the blue gear.

5. Hemuk

I was hoping for mercy too but I'm at 4,400 barters and I havent seen one yet, hopefuly those are only rumors and everyone gets the chance for them to spawn at a later update but I dont think we'll be that lucky, this' a korean MMO after all.

6. NixZero

a fully equipped carrack has to be considered alike full pen gear so it should require the same time investment from the player, at least what it seem the devel intention

von_sch likes this.
  7. Hawkes

the problem is, everyone is thinking about the finish line, when you've just started this. Enjoy yoursleves, make this a long term goal, who cares if you're not the a-hole with your afk carrack in velia right now.

8. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

so unless right now the only thing you want todo in this game is put your life into getting a Carrack do not even try because you will be burn out before you get it

Wodur, Blitzball and Hemuk like this.
  9. Eternal2nd

Eternal2nd Kamigamino Sorceress 60 EU

That was the other thought that it's not yet implemented. :O

10. t4mpel

Hey the ship looks fancy, there is no content for it but yeah. 15k barter and 30k coins + all daily or whatever is worth. Rushing that is just for crazy people.

11. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

nice text...but where did you get that info regarding the 40k coins for the gear?

12. Hemuk

Korea's patch notes.

[​IMG]
    에페리아 중범선: 토로의 함포
    Carrack Cannons.

[​IMG]
    에페리아 중범선: 토로의 돛
    Carrack Sails.

[​IMG]
    에페리아 중범선: 토로의 선수상
    Carrack Prow.

[​IMG]
    에페리아 중범선: 토로의 장갑
    Carrack Plating.

Or here, the compilation of ocean-oriented KR patchnotes is at the end.

13. t4mpel

That is wrong. You push the green caravel gear to 10+ what is pretty easy, already done that one week ago. Than you can craft the blue one in epheria what is needed to build the carrack. Those items for the parts are t2-t3 items what you can get already through daily, coins and bartering. ALSO you need the t4+ items what noone have seen til now. You do not need carrack gear to upgrade it, this makes no sense. If you would exchange everything for coins you would need a lot more. But for example just do one daily and you save 3k coins.

14. Rising_Chaos

@Hemuk thanks for the info^^

i know how to upgrade my way to the carrack , i already have the caravel with the +10 green gear that i need for the blue gear when i have the mats ready...but @Hemuk was talking about green gear for the carrack itself which costs 40k coins...and that is what i wanted to know where that info came from (and was already answered above your post)

Smileybones and Hemuk like this.
  15. Ice04

how on earth could you have 4.400 barters right now? O_O
    I barter all day long and am still at <1k barter runs...

Lillesofie likes this.
  16. Hawkes

great question

Lillesofie likes this.
  17. Hemuk

Barts.png

When you open a route, 5 new islands will now have a barter every reset, that's less dead space inbetween islands and more chances for good deals (1:3), the begining is painful but as you progress and open more islands it becomes easier and easier to get to the 100 barters per reset, at the last tier, every single island will have a barter option and you'll be able to pick and choose what benefits you the most.

Example.png

This is an example of the perks of having high barters, just in this image there's a total of 26 barters very close to Ilya you can tackle in like 20/30 mins.

#17 Hemuk, Nov 8, 2019
    Ofeamoten, Lillesofie, Stabby and 3 others like this.
  18. Rising_Chaos

well if it's the only thing done all day, i guess it's possible... i started bartering a little more than a week after the "barter 150 times" event began
    and i'm at 742 now with a caravel and the green +10 gear done and waiting for my mats to craft the blue stuff and i only barter when i feel like it...sometimes several hours a day, some other day maybe only a single run
    upload_2019-11-8_15-55-25.png

19. WisedudeBlack

I have a guildie that has been doing it since the start with minimal sleep and only has 2k.The guy saying he has 4k is lying.I don't think its physically possible to be that high at this point.

#19 WisedudeBlack, Nov 8, 2019
  20. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

really is it right to have this only drop from a guild boss Plywood with Moon Scales x300 is it really fair?

Kazza likes this.