1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrack mats collecting strategy

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ice04, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

not worth, for bartering, i am sorry.

the best options are:
    • Carack Advance for Trading/Bartering
    • Carack Volante for rest.

2. Hemuk

Like I said, you can make up for the loss in speed with a bunch of sailors and still barter like a Champ with Advance, for example, 110% speed + 5 Innocent Goblin Sailors (the good ones are 2.9% speed at level 8, if not, fire it and try again) that's an easy 3% per goblin (200LT/ea) without having to get them to max level, so that 15% is Volantes' base speed and you only lose 1k weight, so you still have 15.5k LT AND Volantes' speed; the only reason I'd go for Volante is if I was not gonna barter much and I wanted to be the terror of the seas, stacking the same goblins is 140% speed without even counting gear; nobody could run away from you then but you'd be left with 12.5k LT which is plenty to go do your ocean coin run in Margoria, and with that speed you'd make it in record time so all Carracks have their perks :D

#82 Hemuk, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  3. NicoX

Interesting because i build the gallesse first but so far it looked like for me that i should have went caravel > advance/balacne carrack. Since at the moment except bartering is not much to do on the sea.
    And are Innocent Goblin Sailors better than ambitous goblins?

4. Hemuk

They are, in the long run, as long as it's 2.9% speed at level 8, my lvl 8 Innocent is making my lvl 10 ambitious look like a chump.

Valor/Volante will still have good weight with gear on, I'm guessing, so they're all viable.

#84 Hemuk, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  5. NicoX

okey so i should replace my ambitous ones with innocent goblins :D
    yeah i also have the hope that sea update part 2 will bring out something new where Valor/volante will outperform the sailboat carracks :D

Hemuk likes this.
  6. Flesh007

It is worth saying that barter after receiving Carrack does not make much sense. But during the battle at sea, your speed will be a very big advantage. In addition, 13.5k LT (it is without equipment) is enough for any barter.

7. Hemuk

Someone with 2.6k barters can make 180M liquid silver per reset, not counting ocean coins which are basically 100k each coin, carrack will speed up the bartering process, making it a viable way of making money.

If you want a wall of text breaking this down refer to this post.

Deyric likes this.
  8. Flesh007

180m in 4h ---> 45m in 1h. For me this is a very dubious perspective. :\

9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

No, they stated 180m every reset without telling how much time spent. You're assuming bartering for 4 hours is required.

10. Hemuk

If you would've kept reading it'd have been more clear, there's even a TL: DR for lazy people like yourself.

#90 Hemuk, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Deyric likes this.
  11. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

Sorry if it was already answered but I skimmed through the thread and didn't find it. How many barters do you need to enable the Brilliant Pearl Shard / Brilliant Rock Salt Ingot exchange ? Doing the daily is fine by me, I don't mind killing monsters. But getting sea coins for those mats is what's taking most of my time. Even if I get 1600 coins per day I would need 70 days to get the carrack I want. That is, if I don't skip any day. I'm not a new player but this thing is seriously depressing me. By far the most challenging thing I had to do in this game and I have over 600 gs.

edit : Okay just found the message where it says it's 10k confirmed. It's insane. I will try to chain kill those candidum to speed up the thing. I already got one Pearl Shard drop from it in 20 kills.

#91 Hearts, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  12. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

10k, but its not worth at all, just those mats for seacoins.

13. Lefteye

They will be lowering it to 5k barters needed whenever the barter adjustments are patched in.

14. Mistland

Brilliant Pearl Shard / Brilliant Rock Salt Ingot exchange are the easy part.The hardest items to collect are seaweed and cox pirates artefacts (galleass based carrack ). At one point (over 2500 barters), 1600 seacoins will be earned within one run. you can do four to Six a day (1h30 to do a run).

Helpfull hint : Chests of O'quilla give bartering items of all levels; they spawn every 3h12min and you can collect 6 to 8 chests of bartering items.

15. Lord_Xenon

I read 3 times through the TLDR but nowhere is an estimated timeframe given. So assuming 180M/4h is quite realistic then.
    And 180M is already 36 barter lost. Even with just 64 left, it would mean that at most you can do at max 2 exchanges per level per route(8). That's quite restricting. So what do your bartering look like? What's your timeframe of doing more or less all routes?

16. Hemuk

You would only take only the good deals with the remaining barters (1:3) but my post is totally irrelevant now; with the bartering changes we'll get tomorrow.